Online document management and web collaboration system for the construction, engineering and facilities management industries.
Document management Manage the flow of your drawings, BIM and 3D models, contracts, schedules or any other documentation in a secure and efficient way between all project participants.
Project communication Your correspondence and documents tell the story of what’s happening on your project. With Aconex, you don’t end up with correspondence in one place and documents in another because they are integrated.
Process management Because all participants use one system, project-wide process management is within reach. Aconex manages standard industry processes around RFIs, bids and tenders, and management of vendor data and cost information.
- Easy to search/find documents especially drawings with the most current versions
- The fact that you can see messages from/to other team members is useful when you have large teams especially if a team member leaves the project
- Documents and mails cannot be deleted for accuracy of project records
- Unlimited project users can be added to use the system once the Organization has registered
- Not widely used by Subtrades/Owners so there is more training required. Other systems such as Procore are more widely used and don't require as much training
- The fact that messages/notifications can't be grouped as conversations in Outlook makes reading all of the messages very tedious and time consuming
- Tracking & closing of RFI's is difficult due to how the status is recorded ie, if the Engineer responds asking for some additional information on an RFI so that they can respond, the system automatically indicated that the RFI has been responded to; it is not possible to generate report in order to know Organizations the RFIs been distributed to using other mail types
- Tracking and generating report for received and issued drawings and packages is difficult, it is crucial to be able to have accurate transmittal information that can easily be generated on a daily basis for document management / project records without having the need to maintain a manual log especially for Contractors managing upstream and downstream flow of information (documents from which Organization and to which Organizations the documents have been issued to with complete document and transmittal details)
If you're an EPC company it'd be hard to go wrong with Aconex. We ended up selecting another platform, but it was a fierce competition. In the end, we opted for one with more market-ready integrations with other tools that we currently have in place (to avoid more siloes) and that also had a UI/UX that was more intuitive for creating processes and finding files/records (viz. a modular-tool setup). There were other considerations, but bottom line, Aconex is a solid platform that really offers a wealth of value for standardizing and automating key processes. They'll definitely be around for a while.
- Clean UI/UX experience
- Configurable workflows created on front-end by user
- Metadata based system allows for rich tagging and organization of files (Document Register) and other types of correspondence (Mail Types)
- Views can be saved (and shared) for filtered searches that take place a lot (e.g. RFIs or Pending RFIs)
- Mail types offer extreme configurability to formalize/standardize certain types of exchanges between parties that require user input or approval (e.g. Daily Logs, Meeting Minutes, RFIs)
- Can pay per user or go with unlimited user option and pay a percentage/fee based on how much company commits to running through Aconex for set period of time; having options are nice though
- Reinvest 20% into R&D
- Support Central contains outstanding documentation
- Great mobile apps with wide-functionality
- Takes some mental training to know which Register to go look in, whether that's the Document or Mail Register. In my experience, this was because currently, our company stores RFIs as documents/files, whereas Aconex treats them as a Mail Type; so looking for an RFI requires searching in the Mail Register (since it's a type of correspondence) not the Document Register (note: Aconex can also handle RFI process as a document, I believe buy sending it around via Workflows, in which case it *would* be a file located in the Document Register)
- Meta data is the smartest way to organize big data however it *does* require a solid tagging system; some companies may not have this (but I'm sure Aconex would assist with this setup)
- A few Auzzy-isms are distracting to look over (e.g. Tender vs. Bid)
- Has technical potential to integrate with other software/tools through APIs but not many market-ready connections that can be demonstrated
- Almost handles entirety of project life-cycle, but a little weak on POs (i.e. not a P2P tool, Procure to Pay) and integrating the Connected Cost tool with other ERPs (note: see previous remark, it *is* technically feasible)
* Always get the latest version of drawings
* Can track previous versions of drawings
* Nothing can ever be deleted
* Being able to view all the mail that has been sent and received from your company
* Do not have to save anything on your own hard drive
* Reporting tools are very useful
* Being able to create excel spreadsheets from Document Register
* Can access Aconex from any electronic device which has the internet
* Project Directory list
* Global Directory list
* Mutiple File Upload
* Being able to set up Projects how you want.
* List of projects to be able to access easily - when invited onto
* Organising mail into Types - makes it easier to sort.
* Multiple fields to search for documentation and drawings eg. Subject, Date, From Organisation, Recipients etc.
* Help instructions and videos are excellent.
* Help Desk is excellent
* Issues with teaching consultants and sub-contractors on how to upload documents into the document register- ie. education
* Sometimes time delay in viewing and downloads
* Site going down.
* Generally happy with the product.
* 95% of the time the Aconex Helpdesk are very knowledgeable. However occasionally I have come across someone that is not sure about an answer but all operators have always been very friendly and helpful.
The best practices in the documentary field for my daily job.
Document management is a key aspect for the efficiency and productivity of organizations and ACONEX has been fundamental for the magnitude of the project in which I currently work.
Aconex fully complies with internal needs and also allows the organization to be up-to-date with ISO 30300 and the best practices in the documentary field.
Documentary management how "the strategies, tools and methods used to capture, organize, store, preserve and disseminate content and documents related to organizational processes, is much easier to achieve with the vital support generated by having Aconex with this tool .
It is difficult for me to trace - match the documents to each other for topics.
While there is a chance to download spredsheets, the is quite limit the report, could be better considering something like dashboard or something similar for all the categories of the documents.
This software is very powerful for collaboration and workflow.
Aconex is easily to get up and running and is also relatively easy to use. The custom mail form functionality combined with the ability to set automatic distribution lists for different mail types has been a very powerful tool for corresponding on contractual items.
Aconex is a large company with all users utilizing the same interface. Because of this Aconex is very easy to implement. The down side is that proprietary nomenclature or specific document "Types" may or may not be allowed. In our case, we wanted a general document type for "Meetings" where we use a cascade to further delineate whether the document is a Agenda, Presentation, Handout, Notes etc.. Aconex has a type set up for "Meeting Notes" which we felt was too specific and did not address agendas and other meeting material. Aconex escalated the request to have a Type = Meetings or Meeting Material and our request was denied.
- Get access from everywhere with our cloud and mobile applications.
- Get all the flexibility you need with our easily configurable workflows and cloud platform to ensure fast deployment that maps to your unique processes and project requirements.
- With ISO 27001 certification, two-factor authentication, and security options spanning three levels of control, Aconex meets the highest international security standards.
- We offer an integrated suite of applications across design and construction, project controls, jobsite quality and safety, and handover, so you can enjoy connected data.
- For smarter decisions, have critical information at every project phase, including a “digital twin” of the entire project at handover.
- One system for your portfolio gives you faster visibility into progress and performance and allows for continuous learning and improvement.
Below are some frequently asked questions for Oracle Aconex.
Oracle Aconex offers the following pricing plans:
Free Trial: Not Available
Oracle Aconex offers the following features:
Oracle Aconex has the following typical customers:
Large Enterprises, Mid Size Business
Oracle Aconex supports the following languages:
Chinese (Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Spanish
We do not have any information about what Oracle Aconex pricing plans
Oracle Aconex supports the following devices:
Android, iPhone, iPad
Oracle Aconex integrates with the following applications:
Box, Dropbox, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, snagR
Oracle Aconex offers the following support options:
Knowledge Base, Online Support, Phone Support, Video Tutorials