CircleCI Reviews

CircleCI

Continuous Integration and Delivery

4.7/5 (42 reviews)
Translate with Google

An amazing product that revolutionized our testing and deployment processes!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017
Review Source

Pros

CircleCI does everything we want in a CI product, and it works in the way that we want to use it (which is visiting the CircleCI user interface as little as possible). It offers very solid integrations with other services (such as Slack and GitHub) and it works well for managing an entire team's projects without getting too cluttered.

Cons

It can be slow. Especially if you don't have a lot of parallelism, but even sometimes if you do, it can take a couple of minutes just to deploy minor changes sometimes. This isn't much of a problem in reality, it just means you might need a different approach to your deployment process (one that doesn't require you to sit and wait for CircleCI to run before you move on).

Translate with Google

Continuously improving over the years

Reviewed on 7/11/2017
Review Source

Pros

Responsive support, much faster builds now I can easily parallelize things with Workflows 2.0.

Very easily integrated with GitHub and other code-quality services.

Able to build in macOS if necessary.

Cons

I would like the ability to specify resources available to a machine, fine to charge more for this feature.

I would like to use Workflows 2.0 with macOS builds.

It would also be great to be able to specify which docker images are cached on all executors, fine to charge more for this feature.

Translate with Google

automated test do it right

Reviewed on 6/25/2018

Pros

- Is integrated with several tools like slack
- Configure a project is simple and quick, and most of the cases once you have done this, you will not need to log in into the platform. You will have build going in a couple of hours.
- I have it running in several project and works really well.

Cons

- Pricing could be a little bit better I guess or have a better free plan for beginners, I don't think any cons of using CircleCI actually.

CI/CD with few lines

Reviewed on 3/14/2018

Integration with IOs allow us to build and test the mobile apps and automatize our whole CI/CD pipeline

Pros

Sine the release of circleci v2.0 using containers as the main advantage using circle has become much simpler and powerfull. Their integration with IOs its a powerup in front of other CI/CD platforms

Cons

The ui really needs to cleanup a bit, make it simpler. Also their need to provide more integrations with third party tools

Great build/deploy tool

Reviewed on 12/5/2017

It's quick, easy to set up, and I like it. There are some usability fixes that are needed around user maangement, but otherwise, it's great! And works with all of the languages I use out of the box, and with no configuration.

Pros

CircleCI was great and easy to set up. It allows me to see what's going on with all of my builds quickly and in real time.

Cons

The user management is not very good. I have 5 contributors to a repo, and I can only add two of them as users. I can't even add users that aren't a contributor to the repo. My boss, my QA people, and my PMs can't see anything that's happening in the platform.

I love CI about as much as Circle does

Reviewed on 10/30/2017
Review Source

Pros

The simplicity of configuration is unparalleled. We use CI on new projects day one. The ease of use, and setup, is definitely what keeps us coming back.

Cons

Lack of tools for multi project repos. We would love to keep our front and back-end code together in one repo while splitting the CI for them. So, it'd be great if we could run two builds separately based on the same repo.

Translate with Google

CircleCi has changed how we develop

Reviewed on 2/6/2018

Overall I've been really happy with the performance from circleci. Even their free plan has been great.

Pros

Has helped up to totally streamline our development and testing workflow. Each service has it's own pipeline. The management interface and docker integration have made the setup and monitoring process super simple.

Translate with Google

Easy to use and powerful

Reviewed on 11/19/2017
Review Source

Pros

Super easy configuration and initial setup. Powerful features like running steps of build/testing process in parallel. CircleCI is our teams core safety net for catching bugs and deploying safely, often.

Cons

Not a lot to dislike. Sometimes the interface changes and buttons that you used to expect to be there (like the one for rebuild with out cache) disappear. Hopefully there will be fewer of these unexpected changes as 2.0 becomes more mature.

Translate with Google

One of the best CI tools available

Reviewed on 7/18/2017

Full customization and scripting abilities. Using tools like bash scripts, SSH, and Node, running almost anything upon committing some code to GitHub becomes possible.
Integration with all of our favorite services. GitHub and Slack in particular are crucial to our business and CircleCI's integration is seamless and full-featured.

Pros

Easy to configure via a YAML file
Sends email notifications without the use of external services
Not only runs our tests, but also triggers our deployments

Cons

Proactive communication about updates and breaking changes
Questions to account rep can sometimes take too long (for us -- > 1 day) to respond

Powerful CI / CD platform

Reviewed on 2/22/2018

Pros

Great UI, easy to setup, easy to manage. All integrations "just work", we use Slack notifications, webhooks for triggering build, and even those sweet browser notifications when we need to make sure that the build is successful. Impressive Docker support.

Cons

Circle 2.0 offers improved customizability, added more features, but for small and simple projects it's not as easy to setup anymore.

Translate with Google

My favourite tool for continuous integration :)

Reviewed on 5/22/2018

Pros

It is easy to setup. It can do very fast parallel testing. I find UI of it clear and easy to use. it provide integration of many app like GitHub. it supports 8 languages and 16 databases and it also supports Headless browser.

Cons

it Does not cache docker images. Docker is way outdated on the VM provided. Other than that i don't find any problem with it. I think it is best

Circle CI trusted by FB

Reviewed on 1/15/2019

Pros

Circle CI is being trusted by FB for React, and Fastlane. So if it works for them I think that is a great testament to it.

Cons

Doesn't allow as many languages and environments out of the box as Travis CI does.

7.0/10
Translate with Google

Great tool but lack tutorials

Reviewed on 10/27/2018

Pros

As any Continuous Integration tool it does what it should do. Builds and runs. Hard to say what's the most because haven't used other CI tools but CircleCI does what's expected and there was no thoughts about changing to other tools. So I would recommend using it.

Cons

The tutorials are not yet clear. They don't lead from start to workable CI.

CircleCI for build/deployment

Reviewed on 4/25/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It helps me to analyze all build quickly in real time. It is pretty simple to configure, setup and use. It has a pretty good integration with various remote repositories and it can run tests and give you results.

Cons

The learning curve is steep for some developers. It has two versions of the software, which sometimes makes it difficult to manage.

Translate with Google

CircleCI is one of the best CI

Reviewed on 4/7/2018
Review Source

Pros

Each time CircleCI prepares your assembly for work, automatically compiles, automatically tests it. The excellent user interface, you always see only the necessary information. We started with the free version and now when our project started to generate profits we are going to buy the full version.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to support the assembly matrix as in Travis. We need this to compare the old and new build of our service.

Ease of use and fast

Reviewed on 11/3/2017
Review Source

Pros

Realy fast, and requires almost none configuration to get going, I didn't know much about it at the start, but then o learned a lot very fast.

Cons

People do not get its importance at first, it's a real pain to make them understand why should them to spend time on this sort of thing.

Translate with Google

A CI/CD saas for the future

Reviewed on 11/24/2017
Review Source

Pros

Fast and resilient, especially when the release of version 2.0, we are able to benefit from docker layers caching..our build time improved by 70%.

Cons

sometimes it goes crazy especially in service discoveries since we are using docker compose to build and orchestrate ci env.

try building it manually

Reviewed on 11/9/2017
Review Source

Pros

automated testing, building and deploying really helped or project in reaching maximum velocity for the scrum teams

Cons

What I least like about Circle CI is the slow learning curve for some of the programmers so that they are able to make a build and deploy script themselves

Translate with Google

Introduced Circle CI 2.0 (Beta)

Reviewed on 9/21/2017
Review Source

Pros

- Workflows is great tool for enabling parallel tasks
- deep customization for cache controls
- easily introduced deploy workflows

Cons

- config file tends to get verbose and too long ( I want to have some ways to separate concerns among some jobs)

Best CI I've ever used

Reviewed on 6/28/2017
Review Source

Pros

-Docker support is great when using container based builds
-Competitive pricing and free tier
-Snappy / Responsive UI

Cons

-2.0 is missing features in 1.0
-Poor slack notification support
-yml format is strange. More complex commands can be very ugly

Translate with Google

If you haven't tried it, you need to

Reviewed on 8/31/2017
Review Source

Pros

generous free plans for open source projects
easy to set up
plenty of features
plenty of customization
runs quick

Cons

Additional containers are a bit pricey. There are other services offering similar products at much lower prices.

Translate with Google

Good UI and easy to use build system

Reviewed on 8/1/2018
Review Source

Pros

Compared to some other build systems such as Jenkins, CircleCI has a much better, more modern UI. It's easy to do the most common tasks, such as check on a failed build, or restart a build.

Cons

Some setup tasks involved in creating a build or modifying its configuration could be easier, but this was never a hindrance to me using the app.

Translate with Google

Powerful CI service with well-designed features

Reviewed on 1/28/2019

Pros

Very fast time to start on builds and you can pay for powerful machines to get your builds done faster. Clever use of containers. Shareable configuration snippets using Orbs.

Cons

Some parts of web UI don't seem to attempt to hide/reduce complexity and instead seem to try to impress you with all the builds you have running.

My experience using Circle CI

Reviewed on 9/21/2017
Review Source

Pros

Awesome UI/UX. Excellent customer service support and ease of use. There is also a constant update on the product based on feedback which is not common with most products.

Cons

The developer community of Circle CI is not so strong compared to some other product. The have taken feedback on this and are already improving it.

Translate with Google

Excellent Service. A tool that can not be present on your stack.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017
Review Source

Pros

Fast, seamlessly, easy to implement.
Well documented.
Move from 1.0 to 2.0 was a piece of cake with a ton of improvements.

Cons

We are still fighting to get docker-compose to support cache but we know how hard is to enable caching on docker layers.