KanbanFlow Reviews

KanbanFlow

Lean project management, simplified

4.5/5 (31 reviews)
Translate with Google

The best kanban flow experience, and flexible enough to do just about anything!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

This is the best way to visualize tasks and manage work flow. By having an ongoing list in things to do today, any of my team members can go in and pull a task into "Doing Now" - that + pomodoro timers that assign to each task means I can literally see where all the time in my day goes, and visually see how things are moving through the pipeline.

Pros

KanbanFlow is an amazing piece of software, and truly flexible for whatever you need it for. It allows you to visually manage any process, but our company uses it most heavily to monitor our WIP (work in progress) and to manage tasks across multiple users.

This allows us to take a quick snapshot of what's being worked on now, what needs to be done today/this week/this month. It also allows us to create an overall work flow ranging from this minute to strategy coming in the next months.

We have also used it to track deals in our pipeline but we ultimately switched that to Hubspot CRM because that includes deal values and forecasting while still retaining the Kanban Board aspect.

Probably the best part though, and the reason I always come back to KanbanFlow instead of any other Kanban Board is the pomodoro timer. This is the best place ever to use a pomodoro timer for a few reasons:

1) You can assign your pomodoro timer to specific tasks, so it's incredibly easy to later look back and see I spent 5 hours 20 minutes on this task.
2) You can look at your pomodoro statistics. I have no idea how much work I did today until I look at my pomodoro statistics and compare them to how well I normally do.

Cons

Nothing really, it does its job well. I do wish it had a mobile app instead of just a web interface, would encourage me to use it more on my phone.

My favorite Kanban webapp

Reviewed on 1/18/2018

Pros

All the basics of Kanban are available in the free tier. For a freelancer working with a single client, as I've done in the past, the free tier is probably all you need to get things done. I used Kanban Flow extensively for about 20 client projects, and then started using Slack. I've recently come back to KF, however, because it's much easier to stay focused and see how far you need to go to finish.

Free tier includes unlimited boards, and that's awesome.

The webapp is wicked fast on Chrome. I mean really really fast.

Premium tier is fairly priced.

Powerful premium features.

The app gets lots of attention from devs and is updated frequently.

Cons

Administration of boards is a bit tedious, requiring several clicks, and then clicks back to start over with a fresh board.

I can't find any way to increase the font size, other than zoom in Chrome.

Advanced functionality isn't free, and I imagine if you're a business with more than a couple team members, you'll need the premium tier.

Translate with Google

Free version works great as a daily to-do list if you work online

Reviewed on 4/20/2017

Planning vertically (aka using a vertical list) seems to work better for me so I was glad to be introduced to Kanban Flow, and that they offer a permanent free version since, at first, I just wanted to test it out -- I've been using it ever since.

Pros

These are based on the free version.
* Offers free and premium version (the free version works great for me)
* Acts like a vertical to-do list
* Offers different colors so you can color code if you'd like
* Offers the ability to add subtasks
* Can set multiple reminders
* Can be shared with other users.
* Links are hyperlinked.

Cons

These cons are limited to the free version.
* Different colors are offered but the options are limited.
* The default "In Progress" section always expands each task automatically when you first sign on or refresh the page.
* Reports aren't available if you don't use pomodoro (there is a log though that shows up to the past 14 days).
* I tend to end up only using the "In Progress" column as a running to-do list.
* Can't attach files in the free version.
* It'd be nice if we could add sub-sub tasks.

Translate with Google

Great and easy-to-use software that helps me stay organized at work every day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017

It helps me stay very organized and on top of things with big and little tasks at work. Whenever I remember something that I still have to do I'll just quickly add a reminder or task for myself or the team in the appropriate column. That way I never forget anything I have to do and stay productive.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the design and how easy it is to use overall. It is exactly what I would expect from a software that helps me be productive and keep my workflow organized. It's incredibly easy and convenient to quickly add a tasks or reminder, even on the busiest of days, so it won't slip your mind. And I love the flow of columns you can move your tasks through as you're trying to get things done.

Cons

I think the actual design is a bit dated, I just don't love the look of the software as much compared to what else is out there.

Free version review: Extremely Nice for Free

Reviewed on 11/28/2018
Review Source

Pros

Setting up the boards and using them is extremely easy to do. I have used it for client work - to keep track of the time I have spend on each aspect of each project and this has been very useful for that.

Cons

I am working with the free version - and so this might be available in the pro - but I would really like to have my tasks auto populate onto my MacBook calendar so I can coordinate tasks with meetings and the rest of my planning.

Translate with Google

Great but light on features

Reviewed on 10/23/2018

It has been my personal and work task list for the last few years. It has been very useful at keeping me organized and focused.

Pros

It is simple to use. My favorite part is the built-in timer on the bottom left. This is great for pomodoro time management.

Cons

You can add a checklist to a kanban card but you can't put subchecklists inside of a checkbox. I often like to break out complex tasks with further levels of detail and this would be a nice way to do it.

Fantastic Swimlanes!

Reviewed on 8/9/2018

Clear visual project management and excellent time keeping tracker for each task

Pros

Kanban flow is a visually pleasing and ever expanding process app. I use it for all my project management and especially love the pomidork timer function. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software

Basic Kanban Tool

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 11/16/2018

I wanted to experiment with kanban task boards, and this was a great initial platform. I have since moved on to using another product with more features, but kanbanflow is definitely worth looking into for a basic, easy-to-use solution.

Pros

Compared to other kanban software, this one is really simple and easy to use. Get rid of the sticky notes on a whiteboard and use this instead!

Very easy learn and start using.

I used the free version, which was great for my needs. However, you can also go on subscription to get the full raft of available features.

Cons

If you are looking for a kanban with lots and lots of features, you may find kanbanflow a bit lacking. It's real strength is its straightforward and easy-to-use design.

6.0/10
Translate with Google

KanbanFlow is a great tool with a great price

Reviewed on 7/25/2018

Pros

It's free version already comes with valuable functions. It's board view is easy and great to handle project tasks with support to collaboration and time tracking functionalities.

Cons

It repeat task functionality could be better, showing just what is next to be done, but it only show all the future tasks, which make some tasks to appear in the wrong time.

The Easiest Kanban Software

Reviewed on 8/26/2018

KanbanFlow has helped our team stay on the same page and increased our efficiency, productivity, and communication.

Pros

KanbanFlow is easy to use. The UI is easy to look at and the software is easy to learn. The program is pretty simple, yet it's very capable of handling just about anything you throw at it. It also connects to Outlook, which notifies other team members when they have a task due.

Cons

It's not pretty. There are other options that are more pleasing to look at, but that should not make you avoid it.

Translate with Google

This tool is a great way to keep organized

Reviewed on 4/2/2018

Pros

We have been using this to keep our team up to date on where our various projects are progress wise, and make sure everyone knows what they need to do.

Cons

It would be nice if there were some charts and reports that could be run like there are in a few alternative tasking apps (like Wrike). However, KanBanFlow has been great.

Translate with Google

Easy Task Manager (free version)

Reviewed on 7/19/2017

By writing down all tasks and color coding them by role, I have learned which things are taking up a lot of my time. I have created columns for "Waiting on Someone Else" and "Redirected From" so I can see where tasks are stalled for reasons beyond my control.

Pros

The customization of columns and colors are perfect. I set each work role as a different color so I can tell at a glace which role a task belongs to. I enjoy dropping things in the Done column. I use this as a communication tool with my supervisor by sharing my board.

Translate with Google

This is one of the first things I look at every day and love it!

Reviewed on 9/3/2018

Pros

It is very simple, intuitive, and easy to use.

Cons

There isn’t anything I don’t like about this software.

Good Tool for team collaboration

Reviewed on 10/17/2018

Overall the use of kanban boards has given us a great start in organising outlet workloads equally and providing individual and team accountability. It’s a great tool as a starter but need to as you would expect be used along side other applications.

Pros

We use the tool frequently to manage team and project tasks, we find the rocccurong task settings really useful for mapping monthly and weekly tasks!

You can assign tasks to individuals which can be shared and filtered as needed.

The card can list a number of subs tasks making it really clear on track g process as they move across the board swim lanes.

Cons

The tool almost has too many feature making it more complicated then it needs to be.

Maybe if there were more intervention with time sheeting or scheduling we would get more more use of the tool.

5.0/10
Translate with Google

Excellent task management for busy people!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017

Pros

My favorite thing about Kanban Flow is the Pomodoro Timer. It keeps me focused and on task. It allows me to work in sprints and knock a bunch of tasks off my list - it's a fantastic productivity tool.

Cons

The version I use isn't as nice-looking as other tools.

Good Kanban application

Reviewed on 9/14/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As an industrial engineer, I am not new to kanban principle and this software really gives justice to the principle. We can easily check/monitor the progress of each task and the interface is good and not that hard to understand.

Cons

Its been months that I have been using this software and it really meets my expectations. I hope that it would continue to perform at par.

Translate with Google

KanbanFlow keeps me organized!

Reviewed on 10/16/2018

Pros

I love KanbanFlow -- it's a simple and easy design and helps keep me on task! It's the best to-do list I've ever had!

Cons

Nothing -- I love KanbanFlow and will continue to use it.

Translate with Google

Used it to develop a Kanban Board for a software development process.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

Solved our problem at very low cost.

Pros

Easy to use. Demo version allowed for proof of concept in one day. Provided a number of fields that fit directly to our requirements.

Cons

It would have been nice to have the ability to rename certain fields to suit our local conventions and names. Also, there is some difficulty deleting values from selected fields.

My Opinion

Reviewed on 10/3/2018

Overall I LOVE this software and will continue to use it for years.

Pros

I love this software. It is easy to learn and use!

Cons

I own a self defense studio and wish that I could adjust the length of the breaktimes to match the length of my classes. Some are 45 minutes and others are 60 minutes

Translate with Google

Good for group project management

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 5/9/2018

Very good project management software.

Pros

It has worked well of us when managing multiple projects with many different collaborators. I like that I can control what the different columns are called and that everyone has their own dashboard

Cons

I think the price is a little high for what this software can offer. I feel like its a little to limited on what it can do, I think its a great idea that they could take further to incorporate more of like a to-do list feel.

Good combination of Pomodoro and Kanban

Reviewed on 10/26/2014
Review Source

I had been using online Kanban tools for project and task management among different teams in my organization for last several months and things were going well but the problem I had been facing was the lack of Timeboxing. I explored and studied about the Pomodoro technique and Flow. After reading through it and downloading a few nice Pomodoro timer applications, I realized that an integration of Kanban and Pomodoro could be good combination to get the tasks done in timely manner. I wished there had been a tool available with both techniques combined and luckily I found KanbanFlow, a perfect combination of Kanban and Pomodoro tools. I have started using it and going to implement in my organization very soon.

Although it's a very nice tool but there's always a room for improvement. The user interface design can be improved to match some other similar tools and few other features can also be added.

A native mobile app along with Pomodoro timer would add a great value to it.

I wanted to give 4.75 but as it accepts only whole numbers so I am rounding it off to 5.

Translate with Google

Your work will never be the same!

Reviewed on 9/25/2018

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who struggles with prioritization.

Pros

As someone who works multiple jobs and wields a never-ending task list, I was struggling to keep things prioritized and often paralyzed by the massive amount of tasks that needed completing. This software has helped me tremendously in organizing my day and increasing my productivity.

Cons

The user interface isn't the most attractive, but the functionality is excellent.

This works fantastic for my business needs - went through 10 or more software

Reviewed on 7/20/2018

I'm able to keep up with my workflow and manage my task better.

Pros

Easy to customize, shows me everything on the board, don't have to open another section to see more details.

Cons

Ability to select colors for the column HEADER versus the task and more vibrant colors. Just started with the program so I need more time to make additional comments.

Great Organisation tool

Reviewed on 3/29/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great program/app - I recommended it

Pros

Easy to use, built-in timer, easy labelling, Agile working - I am working with this on my private and work life

Cons

have not got prioritisation, list order, automated progression, automation of this product would make a great product into an excellent product

Rating only