simPRO Software Reviews

simPRO Software

Stay one step ahead with simPRO.

4.4/5 (31 reviews)
Translate with Google

The best software I ever got, been using a year and has transformed my business.

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

Pros

I have tried all of them and this is truly cloud based, it keep all my suppliers, customers, employees and subcontractors details in one place and tracks all reminders like contracts and certificates and suppliers insurances and training need.
The quoting system is the best we have used and it produces great looking quotes very easily.
Once you have secured a project costing a job from labour to materials and subcontractors is effortless. We use it for jobs from £75 to £5m and everyone in our business loves it.
It give you complete visibility on profit and costs.
We also use it to create all purchase orders, subcontract orders and everyone in the business does there time sheet on it, my payroll now takes 60 minutes as opposed most of the day.

We have saved more than the cost of this software in admin costs alone, the pricing model is great as you can kick off for just £70 per month.

We all invoice and raise progress applications on it and do all our debt collection.

We also manage our vehicle fleet, plant and have clients who log in to give us work and also monitor their assets we maintain.

It has a task feature which is average and we don't use it for project management as there are much better free online soltuions for Gantt charts etc.

It is very powerful and so will seem daunting for smaller companies And technophobes, but in reality I taught my 10 year old to use it in 5 mins.

I used Trimble before this.

Cons

Word processing could be slicker but there is an easy Work around.

Rest of bugs they have resolved, it gets constant updates and upgrades.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Carl, wow! Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We¿re so happy to see just how much our business has helped you, and how satisfied you are with our service. With regards to your comments on Word processing, feel free to contact our support team on 0800 622 6376 if you require assistance, otherwise, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to put your suggestions in about how we could improve! From, Team simPRO.

Translate with Google

SimPro has made my life much easier in securing new business. Everything I require is right there.

Reviewed on 4/6/2018

Increased sales. Better organizing of prospects, jobs and client needs.

Pros

The system is very user friendly. I am able to log in all my prospects and keep an accurate record of all contacts, calls made emails sent and received. Attachments for all documents at your fingertips. Since many of my prospects have multiple sites, I can list each site with on-premises contacts for our scheduling and operations department. Nothing falls through the cracks. The training and assistance from the SimPro Staff is magnificent. SimPro professionals are outstanding. They conducted the training and made certain our team was comfortable with SimPro before leaving. For those of us who have basic technological skills, the help I received from SimPro is amazing. This is the type of staff who connects with me just to, "say hello and how are things going?" This is not too common in today's business environment. Clients are thrilled that during a meeting I can pull up Simpro and provide answers to all their questions. I recommend SimPro to anyone who is looking for a user friendly CRM that works.

Cons

I had to keep remembering to hit the save button following data input. Also, I had a bad habit of hitting the back key instead of cancel. Once I got over these it was smooth sailing.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there John, we are so glad to hear that simPRO has made such an impact on your and your business. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve, please head on over to our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to send us your advice.

From, Team simPRO.

Translate with Google

Great experience overall! Amazing staff, especially training and support team!

Reviewed on 3/15/2018

Pros

Unlike a lot of other job management software we looked at, simPRO offers in-person training and live US support. The software itself is robust and offers plenty of functionality for our painting business, but it really comes down to the training and continued support. We looked at some cheaper options, and although training was an additional expense, it was worth every penny. Without the training, we would have been lost and unable to use the software. The trainers are great and keep training light and are knowledgeable business consultants. Highly recommend!!!

Cons

The user interface and dashboard are a bit dated, but I know the development team is working on updating in the future. Other than that, no complaints! SimPRO runs our whole painting business operations and workflows.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Justin, thank you for your review. We¿re always happy to see businesses take advantage of our training and support, and even happier when it leaves them feeling confident and satisfied. If you¿ve got any suggestions for further development and improvement of our product, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/Welcome.htm). As always, we appreciate the feedback!

Translate with Google

Fantastic, business has been able to grow with zero additional admin cost.

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

Too many benefits to outline. it has helped us streamline our business and really push forward. I cant recommend simPRO enough. Now that more features are being developed it is getting stronger and stronger,

Pros

The system is user-friendly and very easy to navigate.

They have a great support team that are always available. An open API has allowed us to link the system with other software like Xero, Ground Plan and especially Allsaved Mobile.

Cons

The schedule needs work.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there, thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that our service is helping you to improve your business, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our solutions! With regards to your suggestions for improvement, please do not hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to lodge your suggestions! We really value our customer¿s ideas and contributions. From, Team simPRO

Translate with Google

Great productivity tool for dispatch and tracking

Reviewed on 10/22/2018

Pros

Our company was growing and we began looking for software to track and manage our field technicians. We tried out many different softwares on the market. As soon as we tried SimPro we knew it was the software for us. We've been using this software since 2015 and it has streamlined our scheduling, dispatch, and invoicing. Additionally, it allows live tracking of technicians.

After technician completes the job, there is no paperwork to deal with and all the information is synced to our office immediately.

Cons

While SimPro has a great staff and video tutorials that will help train you, it is a robust software and has many features that will take some time to learn.

Translate with Google

Transformational. Easily the most impressive application I've come across in recent years.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 1/11/2018

I am actively recommending simPro across my newtork of trusted partners.

Pros

The coherent integration of capabilities ' functionality across the full E2E process, from: initial customer contact; through estimating; execution (delivery); invoicing; seamless integration with Xero.

Optimises workflow ' scheduling; reduces cost; reduces risk (audit trail; H'S); removes paper; removes duplication; increases transparency across the business; improves return on all assets ' resources (inventory; vehicles; skilled technicians).

Love that it enables a large 'estate' of technical (installed) assets / equipment (v high value) to be managed, and scheduled for an ongoing programme of maintenance - is a huge value add for a technical service contractor to be able to offer this to an 'end-customer', who often has no means of effectively managing own asset register / 'estate'.

Powerful MI to model, refine ' improve profitability job by job; by line of business.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Richard, thank you so much for the kind feedback. It is great to hear that we are providing you with a service that is beneficial to your business and your staff! It¿s also great to hear that you are referring our service to your network. From, Team simPRO

Translate with Google

SimPro has greatly improved our invoicing and estimating capabilities.

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

Pros

If there is one thing, to say, I like most about SimPro, it would have to be the ability to quote, create a scheduled job, and invoice that Job all in a matter of minutes compared to hand typing everything over and over again, or losing track of time. It's just simple.

Cons

There are minor things about SimPro that could use work, but overall there is nothing I can say I like least about the software.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Jaron, we¿re glad to hear our product has helped you to speed up your general admin time! We noticed that you referenced a few minor opportunities for improvement; any ideas or suggestions that you have are more than welcome to be contributed through our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm). We invite you to head on over there when you can and input some of your advice.

Best project/working orders software

Reviewed on 3/2/2018

Pros

SimPRO takes care of everything on the day to day of any project-oriented or and working order/repairs cycle.

Cons

Not super easy to use but they have a good training team. There are a lot of functionality that you will need to know. A good training process is a must.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Sergi, thanks for the 5 stars! We¿re glad to hear you¿re taking advantage of our training and support that we offer with regards to learning how the program works with your business. We know it can seem a bit overwhelming, so if you have any new questions or concerns, please don¿t hesitate to contact our customer support team who will help you further.

Translate with Google

A perfect job costing and project management system for trades and the construction industry

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

SimPro is a large feature-packed system, so the learning curve is quite steep - to SimPro's credit they have a very well designed extensive training process, which covered everything.

Pros

The project costings, scheduling and industry-specific features such as, CIS, supplier catalogs and asset management - makes it the ideal software for SMEs in this space. It's also the most comprehensive job costings app for Xero and QBO.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Guy, thanks for your kind words, we¿re glad to hear that our features make us a useful and powerful tool for service businesses. As always, our support are there to help you with any issues in learning and training, and are happy to lead you in the right direction to ensure you are getting the most out of our service. From, Team simPRO

Translate with Google

Excellent software and customer support

Reviewed on 3/28/2018

Pros

How much money it saves me. The level of efficiency and production I have because of simPRO is remarkable. The software is used be everyone in my office.

Cons

I was looking for a complete software solution for a while before I found simPRO. The only con is that they didn't come to the US sooner.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Frank, wow! Thanks so much for your kind words. We appreciate any and all comments from customers, it just makes it that much more special when they're from someone who is happy and satisfied with our service.

Streamlined CRM/Fleet Management

Reviewed on 8/17/2018

SimPro is a vast improvement over our previous legacy software. The support and training at the start was helpful in lessening the chaos that comes with making such a huge transition. It is perfect for certain service industries, such as electricians, general contractors, etc.

Pros

Ease of finding available appointments.

Cons

Inability to add important notes to contact record

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Priya! We are so excited to hear that you are so happy with our product. Regarding your suggestion for improvements we¿d like to direct you to submit it through the simPRO Ideas Portal, which can be found here: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm If you have any other concerns or issues with your product please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day! From, Team simPRO.

Translate with Google

This product is transparent and very easy to use, so much support is available.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017

Being able to record, trace and update all invoices, stock movements and payments etc

Pros

Every thing is traceable, if you make a mistake you can easily fix it, being able to import and export information via csv files is time saving, it is a great compliment to Xero software

Cons

I would like to be able to go back a screen by pressing the back arrow. It would be good to be able to copy & paste jobs and cost centres when scheduling staff timesheets

Great for tracking jobs

Reviewed on 11/8/2017

Pros

Easy to use lots of time-saving features , Staff learn very quickly .
Great for sending customers reports / photos

Cons

Some days it runs a bit slow have to wait for jobs to update ,need to have a good internet connection

Simplified work flow.

Reviewed on 4/9/2018

Pros

I like the functionality of the quotes and cost centers. It make the estimate easier to understand.

Cons

I would like to have more flexibility in the design of the page layouts. Currently the software is very limited.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Pascale,

It¿s great to hear that we have made your estimating systems easier. With regards to your suggestions for the page layouts, please don't hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) where you can send your advice to our team directly. As always, we appreciate the feedback!

From, Team simPRO.

Translate with Google

We have been able to increase staffing numbers and turn over without increase admin

Reviewed on 11/7/2017

Pros

Its easy to use, our staff can use it on the road. we can invoice same day. We can import supplier invoices directly into our cost centre

simPRO is a great tool.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017

Pros

I have found simPRO to be a very easy to use program. All our needs are looked after with the one product.

Translate with Google

Robust Software with Outstanding Customer Support!

Reviewed on 5/7/2018

Pros

Great for Flat Rate or Time & Materials, or both! Great equipment tracking, inventory tracking, allows custom fields, setup has a lot of choices to fit your needs, Great on-boarding and training team, Very user friendly, easy to navigate. Highly recommend.

Cons

I think with any software change, there is a lot of time spent up front in setting up. Plan on taking time to get setup and know that once you lay a great foundation, it will be well worth it.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Kristin!

Translate with Google

Simpro is basic and clunky

Reviewed on 7/10/2018

Pros

It works for very basic things, and if you are a very basic user or currently incredibly disorganised it might be able to help you.

Cons

It is very clunky. The basics do not work well, and they keep adding functionality that seem unneeded and frankly odd. It will leave you disappointed at the core inflexibility.

Even with a huge amount of feedback to this effect, meaningful improvements are never made.

Get used to using workarounds.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Anthony! Thanks for your review, we¿re really glad to hear you¿re liking our solutions. If you do have any questions or concerns at any point, please do not hesitate to contact your national simPRO Customer Success team, or head to our helpguide which is designed to answer any and all simPRO questions. It can be found at: http://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/.

2.0/10

Shaffer Co Experience

Reviewed on 8/13/2018

SimPRO are professionals that understand my business and what't needed to run it.

Pros

Data visibility end-to-end...from leads to invoicing.

Cons

Flexibility of forms...could make use of customization.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi David, thanks so much for your review, customer feedback is greatly appreciated here at simPRO! Regarding your suggestion for improvement in forms, we have actually just released a new solution for simPRO Enterprise users called Form Builder! It provides comprehensive document editing capabilities and gives you more control over the appearance of your quotes. You can learn more about Form Builder here: https://www.simprogroup.com/blog/form-builder-release Alternatively if you have any other feedback to give, please contact your closest simPRO Customer Success team to speak with one of your customer service staff, their contact details can be found here: http://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/ Have a great day! From, Team simPRO

Translate with Google

Wonderful software, and even better support team!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

We reduced our invoice if time by a lot and the software has made it tremendously easier to schedule jobs and creat quotes. Having the ability to do most of the invoicing work on the job site is very helpful.

Pros

The amount of time reduced by using SimPro was amazing. Very effective software. We use it pretty much every day now, and it has made communication between administration and field workers much more simple.

Good support. Good functionality. Easy integration with Qbo

Reviewed on 6/16/2017

Pros

Easy to schedule my Service jobs and recurring jobs. Invoicing takes no time at all. Quotes are easy.

Cons

Inventory management is difficult in my business. Also forgot to hit save a few times and lost my quote. Learnt that lesson!

Response from simPRO Group

Thanks for the feedback Megan! Please let us know if you'd like our Customer Success team to work with you to see if we can make inventory management smoother for your business.

Translate with Google

SimPRO the week after launch

Reviewed on 8/7/2018

A major benefit is not having to search through 5 different computer programs and a paper file to get information for one customer. That in itself saves time. Not to mention the time saved not having to file the paperwork away.

An added bonus is the history log. It provides a level of accountability.

Pros

We like the most: the efficiencies available, log history & time stamping, and that we have combined all departments-computer programs-filing-work flow into one software.

Cons

We like the least: the time it takes to transfer data from SimPRO to Quickbooks. I have to do all customers individually / manually in order to keep my computer from freezing. Then I can send over invoices and payments at once.

Translate with Google

We have been very pleased with the performance and service provided by SimPro.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 1/13/2018

Pros

An extremely customisable tool which can be tailored to fit each business's requirements. It's modular design means you can build in as little or as much as you need.

Cons

It is a complex tool to set up at the start but that's why SimPro always support your implementation in the first week as part of the package.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there David, thanks so much for your feedback, as always we appreciate it! Please don¿t hesitate to contact us if you require further training or support when using our product, we are always here to help.

Translate with Google

clunky, unreliable, very poor accounting, very poor reporting, anything reoccurring is a joke

Reviewed on 10/5/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

good idea poorly executed, there is not much to like about Simpro, everything is meant to be in one place but there is no management for inductions or on site requirements

Cons

Everything works 60% of what you need, Eforms is constantly broken, Simpro connect crashes and looses jobs.

Response from Madeline Reynolds

Hello Andrew, we’re sorry that you feel our product has not offered you the right functionality for your business. We truly value our customers and always endeavour to offer them a comprehensive and positive experience. We’d like to ask you to please contact your closest simPRO Customer Success team to discuss your feedback further, their details can be found here: http://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/ We look forward to hearing from you. From, Team simPRO.

Very Poor

Reviewed on 8/31/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Do not use it

Pros

The promise of what it could of been. It has potential and we trialed it for a while. We like the fact that everything is on one place, ie customers staff and costs.

Cons

Expensive as you have to sign up with full training and access to trial it. Very expensive mistake as we could not get it to work reliably

Response from Madeline Reynolds

Hi Peter, it’s very disappointing to hear that you feel our solutions did not match your business needs. We pride ourselves on working with our customers to ensure that our solutions work optimally for them, their team and their business. We’d like to direct you to please contact your closest simPRO Customer Success team (their details can be found here: http://helpdesk.simprogroup.com/) so that we can discuss your feedback and how to better improve your satisfaction with simPRO’s solutions. Looking forward to speaking with you soon! From, Team simPRO.