LeanKit Reviews

LeanKit

Enterprise Kanban | Visual Project Management

4.6/5 (31 reviews)
Translate with Google

Flexible lean project management tool

Reviewed on 2/7/2018

It was fast, flexible and offered team independence. While the company ultimately moved to a more feature rich tool that better served our needs, I would say that leankit is a great solution and should certainly be in your short list.

Pros

This is a nice relatively lightweight application that is easily configurable. Teams can quickly setup their own boards as they want and share them with other teams to view. The interface is simple and intuitive with a good level of configuration. Leankit delivers on the simplicity and ease of use.

Cons

At the time of using it, it was not easy to share work across multiple boards. The option at the time was to create a master board and create dependencies from there. That only worked if you planned for that at the beginning. However, if you were to decide later that you wanted to do this, it was much more difficult to retrospectively build that hierarchy. It also stripped new lines from descriptions, while there are workarounds with tags, it was frustrating that have wrapping automatically.

7.0/10
Translate with Google

Really good project management platform

Reviewed on 9/25/2018

Overall, we've been using Leankit for over three years and it's great. My team and I find it super easy to use, love the way it looks and has helped improve our productivity substantially.

Pros

Instead of a traditional list format you often find with other project management tools, LeanKit provides you with visual cards or 'projects' you can move into lanes, assign, etc. It's ease of use is awesome and it's pretty to look at.

Cons

They are constantly updating look and adding new features - which is great, but it sometimes causes issues. This isn't often, but when it does happen it can be frustrating. Also the reporting could be better. It doesn't have best insight.

Translate with Google

LeanKit makes my first intro to kanban

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 12/1/2017
Review Source

Pros

• InCREDible depth of learning content available.
• Standard subscription is comprehensive and well-priced.
• Easy-to-use RSS/calendar feeds make it easy to integrate with my calendaring.
• Wide variety of templates help a newb like me get started quickly.
• Responsive design well implemented across desktop and iOS app.

Cons

• The UI is absolutely functional and straightforward, but a little spartan. Apps you're going to live in all day need to inspire feelibngs of love and warmth (see Slack)
• As someone completely new to lean and kanban, AND with my tendency to just in without reading any documentation, I'd love to see a search field in the in-app help rather than links to tutorials and knowledge base. I want to be able to click open the help window, type "how do I X the Y?" and have the results page pop open.
• Inexplicably, clicking the (?) icon in the tool bar pops open the Privacy policy.

Robust Tool

Reviewed on 10/27/2017

Pros

It allows you to create a completely custom board and stays true to its KanBan nature. It easily allows you to see who's working on what and when a task has been sent off to you.

Cons

It sends you a ridiculous number of emails. Every little change made to a task or board is emailed to you - even if you did it. I understand some notification via email is possibly necessary, however, you should have the capability to subscribe to only certain types of email notifications.

Great KANBAN Board

Reviewed on 2/15/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is a great solution that is very powerful and easy to use. We use KANBAN and this integrates well for our team.

Cons

There are not a lot of downsides for us but the biggest has been that it can be cumbersome to create templates for those projects that may have similar recurring tasks.

Translate with Google

Helps us organize a lot of tasks for a medium sized team

Reviewed on 11/10/2016

We're still in the process of getting on top of our work plans, but already we feel the benefits of organizing a tremendous amount of tasks using this tool

Pros

Easy to use, rich functionality, good webinars and tools to help the team get on-board.

Cons

Even though there are lots of integrations available - seems there's still way to go. Inherent scrum supporting tools like burndown chart are not intuitive to use from day 1.

Awesome for multifaceted swimlanes

Reviewed on 3/28/2014
Review Source

I can't say enough good things about Leankit. Only issue was that it took me an hour to grasp the UI with splitting horizontal & vertical swimlanes. However, once I had that down, I saw the power of being able to visually represent what I wanted to with the tool. Granted, I'm not using it for kanban per say, I'm using it for customer/prospect management primarily.

In a single pane of glass, I was able to represented 30 different customers/prospects, where these customers stood relative to our core values & categories for developing the market. I know this is not software development... pivoting a bit here...

Big proponent of this tool. Glad my company forced it upon me because it's a huge improvement over the rather simple, but go to tool, Trello. Trello still has its place but it seems arcane all of a sudden.

Pros

+ Intuitive interface once you get used to it.
+ Very flexible
+ Flood your favorite problem children with email tasks until they scream (or create a spam filter)
+ Multiple swimlanes & sublanes are mind blowing. Seriously.... Experiment!

Cons

- Learning curve (but this is not that big of a deal.. trust me..)
- tags are not selectable

Overall very intuitive.

Reviewed on 7/19/2018

Pros

I like the Kanban style of listing the tasks on my plate. It helps me plan ahead and keeps me from wasting time wondering what I need to do next.

Cons

While it is great for big overall projects, I wish there was an easier way of creating cards for small projects. I get them sometimes and unless I tacle them quickly I often forget. Is there a way for you to create a shortcut to quick create a card?

Translate with Google

Great for personal and business kanban

Reviewed on 11/28/2018

Pros

Simple to use and set up, visual and easy to navigate, drag and drop features.

Cons

Some of the reporting features were hard to customize or modify, and instructions were not always in depth enough.

Translate with Google

Easy way to both manage own tasks and maintain visibility and collaboration with teammates

Reviewed on 1/23/2018

Task organization. Makes sure I don't forget one of my many pending activities for the day.

Pros

Easy creation of task. it can be as simple or complex as you want, from a simple task name to start/end dates, resource assignments, categorization ,etc.

Cons

Difficult to have sub categories. Everything is organized in columns. it would be great to have a windows like organization.

Translate with Google

Great Kanban with flexibility and simplicity

Reviewed on 8/21/2018

LeanKit has been a great tool for our development teams to setup and track their workflow. It's simplified how we worked and improved our processes by getting us away from a waterfall system with complicated dependencies and unreadable gantt charts.

Pros

The customization is great. Boards can be setup exactly as needed. Overall it's a simple system for users to learn, while still providing plenty of flexibility.

Cons

Some of the options that seems like they should basic aren't available unless at the highest paid tier. The pricing jump seems disproportionate for the benefits at those higher tiers.

Would like to see some changes in the way cards are setup and laid out. Also easier integration with external apps to provide more functionality.

The Most Intuitive Product

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

Been looking for a software package to help manage our workflow and optimize our project process. I evaluated several platforms and even tried a few others. The biggest adoption hurdle with other platforms has been ease of use, but LeanKits user-friendly interface and project management philosophy removed that hurdle for my organization. We now have buy-in from the whole organization on a predictable process and a way to track that process. I know that big things are coming as we start to track more and more projects over the coming months and then use LeanKits reporting functions to make big process improvements.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Haven't found on yet.

Translate with Google

Why this costs money I'm not sure

Reviewed on 2/27/2018

Pros

Leankit is a decent collaboration suite helpful for tracking details around things like project management. At least that's what we use it for. It's ok software, don't get me wrong, but when there are alternatives like Trello out there that are free or mostly so I'm not sure why this is worth the money.

Cons

First off, the Trello interface is cleaner and more intuitive. Second, the basic version of Trello, which will suffice for 90% of users, is free.

0.0/10

The best Kanban

Reviewed on 12/5/2016

There's a lot of different attempts at Kanban online, and this is the one I had been looking for. The problem with Kanban can be that you get too much information in one area at a time real fast, and it stops being useful. Leankit manages to allow you to capture as much info as you want, while still remaining, well, lean. It really is a great experience from top to bottom.

Pros

Easy to set up. Good value. Lots of templates to get started with. Easy to use.

Cons

Maybe the color palette is not the greatest?

Translate with Google

Embedded in our business processes

Reviewed on 1/6/2016
Review Source

We have been using LeanKit for more than three years at LateRooms. What started as a tool that was used by our product teams to track development work and releases has also been adopted by other teams within the business, for example I use the software to track procurement projects and the HR team use it to track the recruitment process.

Pros

Integration with 3rd party apps (ZenDesk, Atlassian)

Translate with Google

BUYER BEWARE: No Refunds if you Prepay!

Reviewed on 3/31/2017

BUYER BEWARE: Do not pay for the full year as you do not get your money back if you are unhappy with the product or support. We tested the product a few months and then elected to use the basic product as it appeared to meet our needs. We paid for the full year but after a few months on the basic platform we decided to move to a different solution with more features at a lower cost. I asked for a refund of the unused months and I was told no.

Pros

Followed Kaban Lean Method

Cons

Basic Level is too limited compared to other solution providers

0.0/10
Translate with Google

Easy to use and navigate software for project management

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 1/24/2018

Pros

Most actions can be done with a click of a mouse or even drag and drop, customizable colors for different types of tickets.

Cons

Sometimes when you drag a ticket and move it to another lane, it doesn't save there and you have to try to move it again and again, until it finally drops into designated lane.

6.0/10

Best for Lean Implementation

Reviewed on 5/23/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Its a great software for companies looking to implement lean and also who wanted to continuously improve too.

Cons

Proper knowledge and training of the lean principles are required to create master board and then to collect all the required data.

Translate with Google

A strong Kanban app with focus on ease of use

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2/21/2018

Pros

Great easy to use Kanban app with a clean interface and easy to use boards- helps by making chages to projects easy and quick

Cons

interface is a little old fashioned compared to other similar apps- could benifit from strong support for non apple eco systems

7.0/10

LeanKit

Reviewed on 10/3/2018

Overall I am impressed and love the clean look to this software. It is simple and user friendly.

Pros

I love the Kanban board functions and visibility to folders. We move our projects to completed once all meetings have been had with the business and it allows our team to be more organized. The Kanban board is an easy and organized board that helps our business stay communicated. I also love the personalization of profiles with pictures.

Cons

We have been using this board/software for about three months and so far I haven't found anything I do not like.

Rating only

Reviewed on 3/30/2016

Translate with Google

An intuitive approach to managing a project Kanban is very useful

Reviewed on 4/9/2018

The Kanban set up used in this Project Management Software is excellent.

Pros

This project management software is very easy to use and easy to understand what is happening. I really like the Templates that are available especially the Dve Opps Template. I also really like the mobile app that is available.

Cons

The software does not have a specific area for managing risks. However, there are different ways to overcome this and also add issue tracking.

Translate with Google

Solid tool for kanban squad management.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 7/31/2018

If you need a board for managing a Kanban squad, this is a decent tool. I recommend.

Pros

- You can fully customize your board for the needs of your squad.
- A lot of functionality when it comes to editing cards, breaking down tasks, etc.

Cons

- UI is a little dull unless you have a colour system in-place to differentiate different types of tasks.
- System overall feels a little robust with how you edit cards.

Translate with Google

Lots of features, but too complicated

Reviewed on 12/6/2016

We tried out LeanKit for a short period and while it has a variety of customization options and features, it's too tedious and buggy for marketing purposes

Pros

Customization options, features, flexibility

Cons

Technical issues, inability to unsubscribe from emails, unhelpful customer service, tedious process for tasks

4.0/10