Avaliações do Buildertrend

4.5/5 (1087 avaliações)

Greystone - Crystal

Avaliado em 24/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

We began using Builder Trend a little over 2 years ago as a move away from Build Tools. I have been very happy with the response time on customer support, and it is nice to always be able to reach someone when you have a question. We as a company are not currently using some of the features including scheduling and none of our subs or homeowners are going into the system, but we are trying to change this. We are actively using documents, selections, budgets, etc.

Vantagens

I like the ability to get notifications for a variety of transactions, the ability to log in & see things from a variety of devices, the tracking features for every transaction, and I love the amount of storage space for documents & photos that it has.

Desvantagens

I wish it was more affordable to purchase more jobs so that we could use the system for our remodel projects, currently, we do not enter them in as many of them are small projects and do not warrant the expense it would cost us to have that many jobs. It is unfortunate because it puts us with two different processes for selections, budgets, docs, etc. depending on what type of project it is. I wish it was also possible to mark a selection as "Ordered," much like you can mark it as "Approved" it would help the designer & client know when it is absolutely too late to make changes. Lastly, I wish the transition to QB was more efficient. If you are using a desktop version of QB, which is the only way to have the contractor version, when PO's are pushed to QB, they do not populate the customer's job to the items on that PO even though it is tied to that job. I am not even sure what the point of tying the jobs together is as it does not seem to connect them at all in the transfer process.

7.0/10

Buildertrend is a Game Changer

Avaliado em 20/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Our team has been using Buildertrend for just over 2 years now and we would be lost without it. It's a no-brainer! The program has given our team a competitive advantage by providing our customers with their own project website, has improved the efficiency in our processes dramatically and has made project management on site incredibly easy. Even after 2 years, I'm still learning about new features that will help our team. The program's unmatched support team, detailed and highly-developed features and complete integration has helped us increase our volume, revenue and profits... It's completely changed the game for Owen Homes.

Vantagens

The included customer service team and support are unmatched. When you're running your business through this program, sometimes you need an immediate answer or need to learn a new feature on the fly and having instant access to those webinars and forums is invaluable.

I also love how detailed and thought through each feature is - it's what made the switch from our old process so easy because they literally thought of everything!

I could go on forever... the custom fields, different types of users and permissions, project templates, sync to Quickbooks... Buildertrend is doing it and doing it well.

Desvantagens

Some of the features like selections, financials, and the gantt chart portion of the calendar are definitely more challenging when trying to switch from our current process over to Buildertrend. However, I'm not sure if there is a better way for any of those; I know those will have a learning curve because those are the more difficult parts of the project.

It's hard to come up with cons for the program because I feel a lot of my issues could be resolved by learning more about the feature. I guess I'll leave with a suggestion: maybe emailing or notifying users of the next month's available webinars or reminders to use the resources -- I forgot these existed for about a year, I was just watching the videos available. I would like to see more videos uploaded -- long and short on specific features.

Avaliado em 26/03/2013
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

We are a boutique custom home builder; each project is unique and personalized. Although I was not involved in the selection of this software, my understanding is that we wanted a program that could be accessed by all the parties involved, handle the scheduling and move us away from paper checklists - ultimately allowing all users to be both informed of changes and to be able to plan for future events without having to directly communicate with each person.

As far as scheduling goes this system has failed. It has caused more time consuming questions. My complaint is that you can only link item to item by a (or a couple) predecessor(s) that, ultimately, the program struggles with which item is next in the list if a few of them share the same linked task. Also in a best case scenario, this scheduled list is how you build a house - but in most cases something, whether it be trade related or whether related or inspection related, cause a task to be delayed but the other ones would continue on schedule however the program has linked the start date to the the delayed task and now the whole calender is messed up. Or perhaps the exterior of the house generally starts after framing and roofing but maybe a winter storm makes this impossible so you continue the interior for weeks. Then you try and adjust backwards and because your best case scenario template stated it should commence at framing completion and you delayed that. Thus your left with a domino affect of wrong dates. and a series of emails sent to vendors informing them of the delay that really didn't apply to them. So they change schedules and you are left with no trades to do the interior work that in your mind could and should be fine.

I also find that the program doesn't offer enough flexibility in the selection section. It allows me to upload a previously created document to be stored that a homeowner could then log on and download. They then fill out and can't re-upload this document, so they are forced to fax or scan and email back to us. This is neither time effective nor practical. Perhaps it would be better if we were able to create a checklist that was interactive in this section, similar to the change orders where we type out the change and the client could update decisions. In our company we don't limit our clients to three choices of floor plans and two cabinet doors and 4 granite selections, they are free to choose anything they can dream of. As a result we cannot load a document that would apply to all builds.

However, I believe the change orders tab is well thought out, easy to use and provides all the options to make it a valuable asset. The warranty section does a great job of tracking and notifying and saving time and assuring that service and warranty items are handled and accepted. The daily log and messaging capabilities that allow us to keep a record of notes or messages in one area logged by date and job site is extremely valuable and a good system.

Furthermore, the software as a whole is easy to learn, has a logical and simple layout so even those who are not computer savvy can fumble through without creating errors and won't be too intimidated by the complexity of the software to attempt to use it.

Finally, the technical support and training provided is always quick to help resolve an issue or aid in a question. New training is scheduled in a very quick time frame for free and is tailored to the person that requires it. This is handled exceptionally well in a time when often companies forget you exist once the purchase is complete.

So, we have decided that we will use BuilderTrend for those things that they excel at and don't use it as a scheduling tool.

Avaliado em 09/12/2012
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Willet Construction, Remodeling Specialist has been in business for 17 years. Our goal is to give Top Quality Service including Top Quality Craftsmanship. We are a Residential Remodeling Company that will do almost any type of project. We strive to create an enjoyable remodeling experience for our clients, so they will use us again and again.

During the growth of our company, it became apparent we needed a production management system to communicate with our customers and within the company. I became aware of BuilderTrend while being a member of Remodelers Advantage. We had been using our own spreadsheets and calendars for customers project. Our Change Order process was slow and hard to keep up to date. I took a look at 3 different programs, and decided that Builder Trend met the needs we were looking for.

We have been using Builder Trend for exactly 1 year now. We are extremely pleased with how it has improved so many areas of our company. Our customers love the communication system and seem to be able to use it with much ease. The Change Order & Selections process is so wonderful to keep us and the customer up to date.

Using the calendar for the job schedule is so easy and the customers appreciate knowing what will be happening on a day to day basis. We put our payment schedule on the customer calendar so they know when all payments are due. Customers are sending checks exactly on time, sometimes even before we send out an invoice. Cash flow has never been better for our Company due to the customer knowing exactly when to send payments.

Builder Trend has been extremely easy to learn. Technical Support has been extremely quick in responding to our needs. They are very knowledgeable about their product, and usually have answers for our requests immediately. Any time we need training on something, they are quick to set a date and time to cover any information we need.

With the help of Builder Trend, we have grown our volume of completed jobs this year without adding more employees. This has resulted in Willet Const. having it's largest and most profitable year of our 17 year existence. And we hardly ever have any Accounts Receivables that are more than 15 days old.

With the Selections being "Approved" by the customer on line, all the people that have viewing rights know exactly the product being used on each job. This way when our salesperson/designer are on vacation, anybody else in our office can answer questions from subs or customers about a product without having to bother the designer while they are on vacation. That way the job keeps moving smoothly, and our employees can enjoy their vacation without any worry about work going well while they are gone. This is especially nice for myself as the owner to go on vacation and leave work completely behind.

I also like that Builder Trend keeps improving their program. The "Leads" tab is great to know how much potential work we are estimating. And it helps organize our meeting schedule with our potential customer throughout the designing and estimating process.

Excellent

Avaliado em 11/07/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

I really can't enough about the customer service. They always answer the question I ask. My Customer Success Manager, , is so unbelievable. If every rep I had in my construction was like him, I would have no problems. But, all the other people who answer the phone are great, too. I attended a BTUniversity event, and the event planner, Danielle, for that was amazing, as well. EVERYONE I have ever dealt with (after sales) at BT has the best attitude. They are helpful and lovely and all things good. For those of you who do not know, they have bootstrapped the funding for this company. As a lot of us in construction have done, I find it extremely respectful. The guys who are in charge have done a great job and are very humble coupled with excitement for their business.

Vantagens

This online management system is so great in every way. It is so intuitive to the construction community. I love the ease of scheduling, the ease of selections, having everything in one place for our team, the level of permissions per team member, and the customer support is off the charts - I don't think there's a rating high enough for them. I used a competitor of BT for years, and it's like driving a Tesla compared to a ModelT.

Desvantagens

What I like least is that I didn't find it sooner and the sales experience...barf. I get why they sell the way they do, but it's icky. Eventually, I forgot about how gross it was because the customer service is unimaginably great! Don't not sign-up because your sales person lacks authenticity and makes your skin crawl. The experience after is totally worth it.

Resposta do Buildertrend Loyalty Team

Kim, thank you so much for your great feedback! It was wonderful to meet you at Buildertrend University and we’re so happy you got so much out of our event. We’d love to have you back here in Omaha anytime!

Avaliado em 26/03/2013
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

We were looking for a construction management tool that could include communication and job visibility throughout all departements and in the field - supervisors, procurement, management, financial, client & volunteer services, and that would allow updating and access in the field. BuilderTrend had it all.

We are a medium size, not-for-profit, affodable home building & repair, educating, and financing firm. Multiple Excel spreadsheets couldn't be kept up to date, and traditional MS Project Management software was too cumbersome with less features. A really nice aspect of BuilderTrend is that the whole history of the build process is kept in one place rather than in multiple files on in-house servers and personal computers. We are blessed with many volunteers from out of state and by creating a "Volunteer" job, the schedulers and supervisors can see how many and who is coming in advance so we can stage the work and communicate to them exactly what they will be working on weeks in advance.

Our client services department can see the build schedule for a client and keep the client informed of progress. We may not be using the program like a traditional commercial builder with clients would, but we have found all the features including selections and warranty to serve our needs very well. We have on average 25 repair jobs in process and 20 jobs in the planning stage at one time. We have completed over 180 repair jobs in the 11months using the system, and I could not imagine trying to manage this much work without it.

Out of the box, BuilderTrend is fairly intuitive to use, but there are nuances that should be learned to increase the user benefit. Training is always available and we discover more ways to use its functionality to streamline processes and communications. Our scheduling and planning meetings have gone from 1.5 hours weekly to 20 minutes. We schedule meetings with subs with the task function and quickly get a confirmation. This saves multiple phone calls of us and the subs. I can quickly answer questions for management and business partners simply by looking at daily logs, internal notes, schedules and pictures. The job list allows us to forecast and track our goals and find solutions when jobs are held up for any reason.

I have freed myself from continuous updating of Excel spreadsheets to being able to pull a job list and calendar list whenever I need to know status. Using the baseline features ensures I don't have to save a bunch of old reports for comparison to track project variances. BuilderTrend is very open to our suggestions on reporting and manipulating report and export functions, and I would like to see more capability in exporting reports. I like their focus on continuous improvement, adding functionality and meeting the customers' requirements.

Online topical is available but limited to the basics and I have always found the staff to be just a phone call away for answering specific questions. Overall a win for us.

Traduzir com Google

Builder Trend works for us, but still has some glitches

Avaliado em 08/09/2016

Vantagens

BuilderTrend had (in theory) everything I needed to make life as a general contractor easy. Everything is all under one software program and seems to interact well with the CRS, accounting and tasks. We have only used it for a month so we're still figuring out all it can do.

Having our own account manager has also been essential. I call him or his team when I need help or assurance that I am using the program correctly. It is helpful to have a live person. It is also helpful that he will send me vids with instructions on how to do things and I keep them flagged so I can refer to them whenever I need.

I'm relatively tech savvy, but the software is easy to use. Having done things manually for so long it has been an adjustment to automation. For example, I am used to downloading documents into different files. BT will file documents and attach them to the job automatically. When I get quotes from subs, they integrated into the budget (once accepted) and I don't have to download and file it independently, then upload the bid to my accounting. Very helpful.

Desvantagens

The SAVE function is the weakest part of the program. When saving information on, say a subcontractor contact page, you will be bumped back to the primary page instead of staying on the current location. It's very frustrating. Especially since it will not automatically save during any function so if for some reason you leave the page or tab elsewhere, all your work is lost. Being a cloud-based program, I would hope a future update includes the auto-save feature so the save button is duplicative instead of mandatory.

Traduzir com Google

Great app for custom home builder

Avaliado em 06/01/2018

Vantagens

The ability for the owner to see the home under construction. Daily logs, photos, schedule, once their loaded, you can oversee many more jobs. Our office can upload change orders and tag a Superintendent, a Superintendent can take a request on site, price, and an owner can execute a change order on site, a freebie confirming a verbal request or a extra. The office can order advance items by watching progress, speeding up build times. We upload all plans, shop drawings, permitting info, making the Superintendent much less reliant on sales/design/office explanations. Easy for owners to communicate questions, requests, and payments. We bought it for the owner interface and scheduling interface, and found it useful for so much more, Lead management, warranty, and mobility.

Desvantagens

For it to be functional the entire team needs to utilize it. We had a few that didn’t buy in, some were relying on it but not others, and that can be a headache. The schedule is harder than I would like for Superintendent to make changes. Large changes, should be done from the office on a desktop.

Resposta do Buildertrend Loyalty Team

Adam - We really appreciate the positive feedback. I will have your Buildertrend Coach reach out to you to talk about any additional training and the scheduling feature!

Avaliado em 01/09/2011
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

I started my own renovation company over five years ago after working 15 years for various custom builders. But because of the cost of construction software, it just wasn't in the budget. Over the past five years, I developed Excel spreadsheets and Word documents that helped keep me organized and efficient (or at least I thought so).

One day I had a random phone call from one of the Builder Trend representatives (Clint) and I checked out the web site. After the free demo, I was convinced. It never occurred to me the amount of double entering, emailing and communication that I was doing (or not doing). It was easy to understand, manipulate and use.

I have used various types of software throughout my career so I was very familiar with how software could benefit a company. However, product out there was very expensive to purchase. What I liked about Builder Trend's pricing structure is that I set the price based on the amount of jobs that I believe I will do in that year. No different than my business plan forecast. And if I exceed that (which we all hope we do), I just contact Builder Trend and they increase the amount of jobs available to me. This also increases the monthly payment but if I achieve my sales, then the minimal additional cost is irrelevant. It pays for itself.

With respect to the software itself, the product I used in the past was labor intensive to start up, implement and train. After 1 session, I was easily changing schedules, adding jobs and communicating with trades and clients. Scott was very informative and educated. He quickly and honestly answered all of my questions. In addition, prior to our implementation meeting, I sent in my schedule and trade templates and it was all in the system "ready to go" for me to fine tune. No starting from scratch and "learn as I go". While he taught me Builder Trend, we altered and changed my information to best teach me the ease of Builder Trend.

Finally by having a customized page for my clients to communicate with us, shows that we are a legit company and professional. That says a lot in the renovation market. My clients love this as they can view their project at any time. We love it because we can get change orders approved quickly and sometimes even right on site without having to go back to the office and prepare a word document. We make the necessary adjustments through our iPhone and send it for approval. They can be standing right beside us, go into their secure page and approve it right there.

I would strongly recommend other renovation/building contractors to lose their old ways of keeping their companies organized and use Builder Trend. It will do nothing but save them time, money and increase customer satisfaction.

Avaliado em 31/10/2012
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Crimson Design & Construction is a full-service design/build remodeling firm. Like any firm that employs field employees and subcontractors there's bound to be something that gets lost in translation. Communication at times between the field and office employees suffers though we work hard to keep that to a minimum.

Though we are still implementing our BuilderTrend software, I (office manager) have found that it helps to act as a liaison between all the important parties - management, design, field, subcontractors AND homeowners. It's a win-win-win-win!

Our homeowners have been slow to engage in BuilderTrend, which is unfortunate, and we as a firm need to work to improve this usage (For one, I send messages to clients only through BT instead of email hoping to engage them in the software). It is currently a work in progress.

Our subs, however, have responded with far more encouragement then I would have expected. I assumed most would find it to be a "pain" or a "waste of time" however several have informed me of the benefits they have found using this software - mainly being the schedule which they can view for approximate dates on upcoming work.

And finally, our project manager now has an IPad on site and is able to essentially view a company folder through the use of BuilderTrend. Adjustments with this are still being made (how often to update, etc.) but we are finding this to be a smooth transition.

For me in the office, I love being able to view the schedule at a moments notice. If a sub is not active on BT and calls me I can quickly access any job and let them know their approximate start date. I like having all my homeowner's info, permit info and docs in one easily accessible place.

The things our firm is having difficulty with is: 1. The leads. While this is great progress, it's not where we need it to be in terms of reporting so we do still find ourselves doing a little double entry. 2. Selections. We used to enter our selections in the system but because selections are picked before we have a contract with a homeowner we don't generally have owners signed up on BT at that point. Plus we have a tracking form in Excel that we haven't been able to use in BT so we found ourselves doing double entry there as well. I would love for us to be using the Selections tab again if you can implement a tracking form that we can use. I can provide you with an example.

All in all our experience with BuilderTrend has been exceptional. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the software is user-friendly, and it's only helped improve our company's communication. We look forward to seeing more from BuilderTrend in 2013!

BuilderTrend - would be 100% with some minor tweaks

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 17/11/2016
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

We run a busy Design/Build construction team and Buildertrend has been a huge help organising and streamlining our day to day activities. It's great for clients to be able to log in to the app or the website from home to see progress and communicate with us and our trades on all levels of the project. Their support staff are amazingly helpful, providing phone support anytime I need it (even for the silly things I've asked them a hundred times). They're always willing to hear you out. In some cases they've whipped up short tutorial videos and emailed to me as future reference material to save me the trouble of calling in.

Vantagens

-Client's love being able to see what's happening
-Easy to navigate the website layout
-Having everything related to the project (documents, construction drawings, communication, selections, pictures, schedules, to-do lists, invoices, etc.) in one place and available from anywhere via the mobile app
-Support staff is awesome

Desvantagens

-Mobile app for both iphone & andriod require frequent updates as they continue to improve features
-Not as easy to navigate the app's menu layout (things aren't in a similar order to the website)
-From time to time external email notifications from the message feature will take an extra 2-3 days to arrive in the external email inboxs creating a bit of confusion.
-Missing some small features like a filter on the "pay" option instead of having to either pay all at once or pay each individually (but this is a "serve the masses" issue, customers are always welcome to make suggestions to their resource team and hope enough other customers are asking for the same tweaks)

Traduzir com Google

Great product for the small-midsize builder!

Avaliado em 24/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

The construction company I'm involved with uses the sub-contractor management piece a lot! It allows us to easily communicate with our sub-contractors and put projects out to bid easily and collect and compare bids seamlessly. We are trying to dive deeper into the customer communication piece, especially for change orders, it will save us/ make us more money. I Love the selections aspect. It takes a lot of upfront work and staying on top of selections. Once we got it all figured out it has been great. Lastly, we rely on the calendar aspect and how it works/ties into the other sections we use the software.

Vantagens

Overall ease of use and completeness of solution, pricing model, mobile application. I also liked the ability to include subcontractors and homeowners in the project communications - where desired - this can be controlled. Training materials are excellent (videos, live training), the Buildertrend support staff were knowledgeable of the building industry, the home building process and very helpful.

Desvantagens

The estimating component changed and it is more difficult for us to build out budgets than it used to be. Maybe we are making it harder on ourselves but the changes were not well received from the estimating side of the house.

Good Intuitive Web-based Tool

Avaliado em 06/01/2016

Vantagens

I like the that it is a web-based application with easy access. I have not used the the cellphone application, so I can not speak about that undoubtedly handy feature, although I have used it on my tablet from various job sites utilizing a "hot-spot." The Log is especially good with respect to keeping track of job site status and incidents. The ability to attached photos and documents is very helpful. Perhaps the most time saving feature for me has been the Bid and Budget functions. The ability to simultaneously send out bids to a group of contractors, see their acknowledgement, and receive the bids placed automatically and notify them of results all within the project is huge. Another feature that has been especially good for me is the ability to create custom fields in Leads and Jobs. This feature allows me to provide specific reports with tailored information in an Excel spreadsheet. As an organization we have not fully implemented the features and functionality available with the product, however, once we do, there will be greater benefits specifically related to accountability, efficiency, and quality.

Desvantagens

It would be helpful to have the ability to create email distribution lists or groups, similar to Outlook on a project-by-project basis. I believe it would be utilized mostly in the Message function, but also could be useful in the Log Notification piece as well. The Leads function does not really apply to our type of business, but at this time I have modified its use to utilize it in a limited, but functional way.

5 Stars Across the Board from DBRG

Avaliado em 21/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

The Builder Trend program has been so helpful for our remodeling company. It tracks everything for each one of our jobs from beginning to end. It starts with our sales information and then moves to the actual job information. The Project Managers can schedule all activity on the calendars, create daily logs, selections and change orders, upload pictures of the progress of the job. The customer can view the progress of their project from anywhere because they get their very own portal to see the progress, the schedule and make payments online. On the accounting end, it keeps track of our estimates vs. actual cost and owner payments. It keeps all parties involved throughout the job. This is a great tool for our business.

Vantagens

I like the fact that everyone involved with each job is connected by the Builder Trend Program. The personal portal for the customer is one of my favorite features as well as the Financial features. Also, Builder Trends customer support is awesome! Always available and always helpful!

Desvantagens

The only thing that interferes with my working on Builder Trend is when Builder Trend is working on the actual site. Sometimes it runs slow or the site drops. This does not happen for long periods of time but would be nice if Builder Trend could do this after most business hours.

Avaliado em 11/01/2013
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

First, my background contains over 20 years in software design, management, and development. Working with all the latest .net platforms for many large companies.

In 2012 I went to work with Avalon Homes and started my use of BuildTrend. Naturally I was spectical based on my exposure of other sub-par software platforms built and sold to builders.

After 6 months of heavy use including every aspect of desktop, ipad, and smart phone options I am amazed at how BuilderTends has designed a platform that enables companies to leverage the software and tailor it for just their needs.

There are so many examples that could be given from how companies can use the upload of photos, word documents, excel sheets, PDF documents, and really any type of electronic file and turn BuilderTrend into a powerful document management system. Truly powerful beyond words to a work force that is scattered throughout the state. A feature of the platform that is really under advertised.

We are able to store all customers photos of their choices on our site and have the trim carpenters, tile shop, paint shop, framers, etc... view photos in real time as we meet with them or during build time. Truly saves hundreds of miles of driving monthly for us.

The uses of the online storage of documents is endless. It is basically a high powered document managment system with very good security that just happens to be attahed to the rest of what BuilderTrend can do.

Simple to use from any platform like the desktop PC or smart phone. Each field personnel can adept their own technique for keeping notes, reminders, to do's, schedule items, and request for resources. Then management can easily monitor this as well as the progress of a jobsite and adjust accordingly.

The customer side of BuidlerTrend has greatly helped our marketing. Todays customers expect this level of service and technology and finally we are able to deliver thanks to BuilderTrends.

I fully expected to build a web suite of products to help our customers stay in touch and us to communicate since the other web based products are so poor. But after using BuilderTrends I dont have a single issue that has not been met. I quickly got up to speed in only hours, and within a couple of days had solutions in place for problems that had existed for years.

Yes its Great, their team of developers have done a great job with the infrastructure of the platform and continue to enhance it on a timely basis. Best of class for sure.

Traduzir com Google

It's not just a project management tool

Avaliado em 13/02/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have been very pleased!! We have a dedicated team who knows us by name and is always there to help!!

Vantagens

I implemented my first system for production home building in 1991, so I have a little experience in this area. After trying 2 other competitors on a trial basis, we selected our first choice, BuilderTrend to help us manage our projects. It is customizable and also follows standards which help you efficiently manage your business whether a new builder, remodeler or other home improvement type company. But, the best part has been adoption and the response of customers. We actually remodeled two projects for the same customer while they were out of the country. The communication features in BT facilitated what would not have been possible in the same time frame in the past plus processed payments. Using BuilderTrend has been a great marketing tool to set us apart from the competition.

Desvantagens

Subcontractor use has been our biggest roadblock as it takes more training with some and reminders to get them to use the software.

Resposta do Buildertrend

Stacy, thank you so much for your 5-star review and kind words! We are so happy to hear how well Buildertrend is working for your company.

Traduzir com Google

Great Project Management Software!

Avaliado em 11/04/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

BuilderTrend has been a fantastic addition to our business since we began using it last year. It has greatly enhanced our communication capabilities within our organization as well as our communications with our customers. The ability of our customers, employees and sub-contractors to have all the information they need at their fingertips has made a world of difference. I would highly recommend BuilderTrend to all construction companies seeking to take their business to the next level. I use this program everyday, whether I'm on the road or in the office. The mobile app has made it very convenient to work while on the road.

Vantagens

Being able to have our entire business function so well within 1 program from CRM and proposals to project management, communication and project financials this program does it all.

Desvantagens

I know this program is designed for project management so most of the focus is on that side and it is helpful to have the CRM side to keep everything in one program. However, the CRM side is certainly the weaker side of the program. That being said, BuilderTrend is constantly improving their program and coming out with new updates so I anticipate the CRM side will continue to improve.

Redeux Developments Review

Avaliado em 21/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

We have been using BT for approx 3 years and, overall, the experience has been fantastic. Training and customer service has been outstanding and the product has been a great tool for us both in project and client management. It has raised our game to a higher level in terms of performance and professionalism.

Vantagens

All of it. It touches all aspects of our business so it is truly a one-stop shop for us. Customer interface is also great. Shows clients what we see so they feel informed and involved throughout their project.

Desvantagens

The estimating component changed about a year ago and it is much more difficult for us to build out budgets than it used to be. Maybe we are missing something and making it harder on ourselves but the changes were not well received from the estimating side of the house.

Traduzir com Google

Organization for construction's daily life

Avaliado em 12/11/2018

Vantagens

It keeps all our jobs organized where you can find all information needed for specific jobs. Everything ties together through all aspects of a construction project. The clients enjoy having their own personalized web page for their project where they can access all different things at any time through construction and warranty.

Desvantagens

I wish there were less windows you have to open to upload selections, it makes it very choppy. Keeping things more in one window and have more pull-downs would be nice. Also it would be nice to have the same terminology and icon on the mobile app and computer version. Example: its called Calendar on the computer, and Schedules on the mobile app, it throws me every time. Also the change order icon is different on each one too.

Chief HR Organizational Strategy

Avaliado em 18/01/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

It came down between this and ProCore. ProCore was way over priced and Buildertrend was the perfect blend. Would like if the CRM function would have been a bit more robust than we had originally anticipated.

Vantagens

customer service and user interface. Not a straghtforward jump right in experience. There was countless calls needed with Buildertrend and the Buildertrend fols seem to shoot from the hip based on what the client is calling about. So then we have two people who don't know what they dont know trying to feel their way around.

Desvantagens

Not straightforward. Requires a lot of conference calls with Buildertrend Customer service. Would have liked it if there was more of an Apple/Mac like experience where there is no need for a customer service or manual to determine how to use the product. Buildertrend is the closest to user friendly than the others we tested.

Resposta do Buildertrend Loyalty Team

Chris - Our Customer Success Team will be in touch soon to make sure we are doing everything on our end to continue to provide great service.

Installation Administrator

Usado Outro durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 29/03/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

On the job side: aside from the jobsite menu and template menu, having a sub contractor/vendor menu would also be useful. On the individual jobsite information I have created many of my own custom fields. However, some that I have created, I would think should be standard for a construction CRM. BT only provides for one permit to be listed. We often have more than one for any one job, also having a "Permit Finalized" date field standard for each permit would be nice. And while you're at it, the issued date and expiration date of the permits would be some good information to have right there. Outside of not needing some of the features because we are only AC and Heating, I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. NOTE: on the next step of this review where it is asking how frequently it is used, the choices are odd in that its Once a day or week or month, I use it ALL day everyday. I find that several of the choices within BT are odd like that, but nonetheless, I still LOVE it.

Vantagens

This program really helps me stay on top of tasks and everyone else's tasks as well. It helps me meet deadlines and track everything.

Desvantagens

Because our jobs are generally short in nature being an AC and Heating contractor only, its rare that our clients log in and take advantage of the software.
The creating of templates in LEADS is not as straight forward as the rest of the program and not easily mastered by someone who has basic computer knowledge.
Having to clear my history every day to ensure that I can view everything is annoying.
Setting time in LEAD activities is a little weird.
Not being able to set activities or calendared items on a 15 minute mark is annoying, sometimes it really is that pinpoint crucial to a job.

Traduzir com Google

We have found many of the tools useful, but dont use all the features

Avaliado em 09/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

It has been a major step in the right direction from where we are, but we still have a lot of old school subs who refuse to use it. Won't even accept the login request.

Vantagens

Photos, daily logs, client communication, schedule have all been good tools, as is the leads generation as I have all the leads in one place. It has been a great tool to track the progress of jobs , the change orders, and some other client communication related functions. Also, keeping the bids and other documents accessible 24/7 in the cloud has been great vs. waiting to find something when you are in the office.

Desvantagens

budget system cumbersome when we are working with 4-5 different lenders for the construction loan, haven't been able to figure out a universal way to integrate your system and ours. So, sill doing budget , costing and draws through quickbooks and xcel.
Trouble getting timecard function integrated due to 2 of 4 job sites out of cell reach. No live access.

Buildertrend

Avaliado em 12/09/2018

Vantagens

Best feature is the ability to interface with 3rd party software - example Buildertrend with QuickBooks. Function works amazingly well and any glitches encountered are easily resolved. Another Pro would be the ability for homeowners to monitor the progress of their home building - unfortunately this feature is only as good as the construction progress inputs

Desvantagens

Homeowners often misunderstand the information shared with them - there needs to be additional checks and balances so homeowners are not misled or confused. Example - AR balances - customers are often confused between billed AR and paid AR.

Resposta do Buildertrend Loyalty Team

Hi Rhonda – thank you so much for your feedback! I will be sure to pass your suggestion along to our Product Team. Thanks again!

Custom Home Builder - Great Overall Construction Tool

Avaliado em 05/01/2016

Vantagens

It's a great overall tool to perform and manage the bidding process and project budgets. The calendar tab is easy to use and understand by all parties involved. The change order process is simple, user friendly and functional. I feel this program is a great way to involve the client throughout the building process, making them feel in control unique as clients.

Desvantagens

The selections tab. I think it's a great tool to display the various selections we have to offer to our clients, and gives them a "shop at home" experience on their time. However, it's kind of a dead end tab in the program. It would be awesome if once a client made a selection, that selection would automatically generate a detailed purchase order which would then also jive with the budgets tab. Automating or creating a marriage between those two tabs or functions would be great, especially for those users who are in a more production style of building.

Avaliado em 31/10/2012
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

My husband is a general contractor and we design and build home renovations, remodels and additons. We've been holding steady the past few years but our clients definitely expect more bang for their buck than before. We've really had to step up our customer service. I started looking for ways to give our clients an interactive scheduling tool and heard about BuilderTREND from a fellow contractor. I was happily surprised to find how much more it offered than I had envisioned.

In the past, our communications with clients, employees and subcontractors was not organized and we found ourselves typing the same email, writing the same lists and making the same phone calls several times a day - with the potential of important information getting lost or forgotten. With BuilderTREND we have a place for everyone involved to see what's going on and no one ever has to be out of the loop. The convenience factor is huge! Our clients love looking at where their job stands, who is going to be on the job each day and what selections and decisions they need to make. Our subs are on board and are telling me they wish everyone they worked for had BuilderTREND. And I no longer have to spend 4 hours each day making sure everyone is on the same page - one visit to BuilderTREND and that part of my job is taken care of in less than 1 hour each day, leaving me more time to make sure our clients are 100% happy.

We've had BuilderTREND for a couple of months and are only beginning to scratch the surface of all the great things it can do for us! It's easy to schedule training calls and any time I've had a question all I do is pick up the phone and there's always someone there who can answer it and give me pointers. Since our business is based on client satisfaction, I can truly appreciate the quality of customer service from BuilderTREND - everyone there that I've spoken to has been professional, helpful, PATIENT and super nice.

I highly recommend BuilderTREND and look forward to learning everything it can do to keep my clients happy - cause that's what it's all about!