Kickserv Reviews

Kickserv

Field service management and online CRM

4.3/5 (222 reviews)
Translate with Google

Overall, I like Kickserv. I rely on it for my business, and the product continues to improve.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017

It helps me manage four irrigation service technicians and keep them going where they need to go.

Pros

Their web site when used on a desktop computer is great for scheduling and dispatching. We use it throughout the day to line up jobs for our technicians. Previously existing customers are easy to find using their search feature. I can add a new job, and then click a button and it sends the technician a text message with the job description and address. The technician can click on the address link and get the GPS coordinates on their smart phone. The workflow is logical and consistent. When things go wrong, they are good about communicating what is happening.

Cons

We are really only able to use part of the service. While it is excellent for scheduling, it is not useful for invoicing unless your invoicing needs are very basic. The product is not compatible with Quick Books groups. I don't use their mobile app. I prefer their mobile web site, but recent changes have made their mobile site less useful. Their server sometimes gets overloaded and the software becomes unresponsive. Tech support is inconsistent. Sometimes very helpful. Sometimes condescending. If a customer has an email address, it will automatically send this customer a reminder notice. There is no way to turn this feature on or off. For recurring jobs where we go back to the customer again and again, this is a problem because we don't always schedule the customer on the same day every month. It also gives the customer a link to the customer account center, which we also do not use, since we are unable to use Kickserv's invoicing feature.

While Kickserv continues to make improvements to the service, I frequently find myself frustrated because improvements are often not fully tested, resulting in unpleasant side effects. Example - recent formatting changes have made the scrollable area of their mobile web site very small and difficult to work with. Another change awhile back formatted all of my old customer data in such a way that their addresses would fail to appear in the text messages sent to my technicians. I am having to manually change all of these.

Kickserv is a still

Reviewed on 12/9/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product is simple to use and meets my customer service and scheduling needs for the price of the cloud software but also allows me to customize things without major programming or fees to get somebody else to do it. I paid for the Boot Camp training and was very worth it just to get things setup and understand the software. It sync's reliably with QuickBooks which has been a problem in the past for our company with other cloud based Customer Service Programs. The vendor has been GREAT! They feel like my team as they always respond within minutes to hours of my questions or problems I do run in to. I just send them a quick email and they help. Also they are always interested in my recommendations and are also getting feed back frequently from me and making improvements to the software. One thing that is great is that they provide a portal to the customer so any changes I make to an estimate or schedule or notes can be seen by the customer (they only see notes you want them to see). They can be abreast with what is going on with their work order. They also can pay for their invoice right online as well which I love so my customers have more control over their payment needs. Also our Kickserv is linked to our website so anytime a customer wants to contact us it creates an OPPORTUNITY in Kickserv for us to follow up on and notifies us via email that we have an interest. I would and have recommended Kickserv to other businesses.

Cons

This product does not handle the purchasing side of things which I would love to see. It sounds like they are looking into expanding this software to handle tracking purchases. Right now I just use QuickBooks for this. I also don't like the HTML language which is required for the setup of the invoice, estimates and work orders templates. It is hard to work with being I am not a programmer. I have managed to figure things out on my own with their help site and calling them. Its not a major issue but something I think they can improve on more. Again the Kickserv Team has been very helpful in anything I try to do or questions I have.

Translate with Google

Great customer service every time!

Reviewed on 12/26/2017

Pros

This software is easy to use and some really great features... I like that I can drag appointments from one day to the next if needed. And contact customer service if needed easily.

Cons

I wish there were more alerts that would come up - such as an alert that will come up when scheduling someone that has an open balance so that we can let the customer know when scheduling, also what would be really helpful is if there was an alert that pops up stating that there is already a scheduled appointment open for that customer to avoid potentially double booking a customer (sometimes a wife will call to schedule and the husband may have already scheduled and it gets confusing). When scheduling multiple days on jobs I wish it didn't go on top of the calendar but blocked out the time. Also wish that there was an alert that would come up if a customer address is already in the database to avoid duplicates. Also, wish that email reminders were able to customize so that we could change time frames as we schedule in 2 hour increments - so we are really not able to use the feature which is one of the reasons we picked this scheduling software over others.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Leeann - thank you for your time and feedback. To help avoid duplicate bookings our best practice is to search customers by street address prior to booking. Street addresses are very unique and will display any prior events for that location.

Translate with Google

Fits our company's needs and overall easy to use.

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

Pros

It is overall easy to customize to fit our needs. There are many features we use and I'm sure many more we don't. Allowing other employees to view, create notes and have user access is very helpful for our business. Also, the search option is great. When forgetting what address is associated with what customer, the search option is a helpful go-to when looking for a random piece of information.

Cons

I wish it was easier to navigate online "help topics". While the customer service on the phone is great, it would be nice to access online articles. I haven't found them especially helpful. Also, when clicking on a customer and then accessing the jobs in their profile, it has been very frustrating seeing old jobs come up first. I don't want to see 2014 jobs, I'd rather see the ones I'm currently on, being 2018. Making the option to choose a date view and then having KickServ remember my last selection would be very helpful.
In-Progress (for jobs) tab is really confusing. We only use Scheduled or Completed. We have one job in In-Progress (not sure how it got there) and don't know how to move it to Scheduled. This is very confusing and frustrating as we don't use this feature and don't know how to get rid of it. Please get rid of In-Progress or make the option to not use, more accessible.

Translate with Google

Kickserv has been a valuable addition to our business. It helped our company become more streamlined

Reviewed on 11/26/2017

Pros

The calendar and resource views and functionalities are the best features of Kickserv. We have 7 vehicles on the road and we need to know where they are and how each job went. Kickserv allows us to communicate in a cloud based system that all of our techs can access in real-time. When a change is made to the calendar, all office staff can see it. Technicians can leave job notes before they leave the job site, and customers can pay online after they are invoiced by email.
The newer look of KickServ was a real step up from the original Service Sidekick. It has grown with us and continues to get better everyday. It has really begun to feel like we have a real business and we are happy with the way KickServ has grown into theirs as well.

Cons

The technicians cannot see the description of charges in the itemized list of charges while using the mobile app on their phones.
Some issues with recurring jobs - I have found that most of the issues get resolved as soon as we mention them to the KickServ customer service team. If there is an answer, the team is willing to try and find it.
When KickServ lags or goes down it slows our company down to a crawl. It was worse before, and only keeps getting better.

Translate with Google

Asked for help, via the chat bubble, tech Tina responded within a few hours!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017

Pros

The software is very organized, easy to navigate through, I like that there's more than one way to search for something. I think the Dispatch View is an amazing concept! I am in the service industry and have technicians that I send all over S. OC, having a map right there and not having to switch back and forth with google maps would be wonderful! I really hope they will be able to fully incorporate it into the software. The texting concept is another wonderful idea I recently saw added. A lot of my customers ask for texts because their at work and in meetings etc, so to have this feature fully functional would be another efficient bonus!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. Recently, the Kickserv Team had to do a massive switch over, customers from their old software switched over to the new one and it caused problems across the board. However, our business didn't suffer too much and Kickserv's tech team was on a solution right away! I also really appreciated their update blog while they were fixing everything. We also had a problem with syncing to Quickbooks and Quickbooks locking our ability to change contact info from Kickserv. But that's been fixed as well!

Translate with Google

Good experience overall, customer support time is frustrating tho...

Reviewed on 8/23/2017

We boost productivity big time with this software!

Pros

This software offers great functionality and customization, so far has been the one that adapted the most to our requirements. New functionalities are added on weekly basis which is really nice. Price is very accessible for small business. Is easy to use once that you get the grip on it which takes time because some stuff is somehow counter intuitive, I seriously recommend getting the paid support/training sessions otherwise you will get very frustrated.
integration with QB and use of credit card payment is solid.

Cons

Customer support time is frustrating, they take at least several hours to get back to you then sometimes they will reply and stop answering for another several hours, this made us almost regret our decision when setting up our account. They offer documentation for the software but a lot of topics are mere drafts and do not contain a lot of information. Despite the fact that they answer really slow they are very helpful with the answers provided and you can be sure your problem will get solve 90% of the time or a feature request will be placed.

Sometimes the system gets really slow , specially on Monday mornings and end of the month, contacting support and letting them know seems to fix the issue most of the time...

The Android app could use some improvement although it has improve a lot in the last 6 months.

Translate with Google

Great but still a few glitches

Reviewed on 1/25/2017

We have been using the program for about a year, and it is for sure better than other programs that we have used in the past. ANd the ease of talking to a real person in tech support is WONDERFUL!
But there are still a few issues we have come across. One is that it only works properly on FireFox, and is the only program I use that actually works on that browser, so I have to have that on all the time just for Kickserv.
Next is that when there is an error, there is no clear explanation as to what the error is. The program seems to tell me that there is an error, but that's it. I literally worked for about a month with tech support because I could not sync any new customers between Kickserv and Quick Books. This made end of the year very frustrating. When it finally started working, I still don't know what was actually the problem.
The last issue I have, is that I can't make the phone/tablet app user friendly for my techs in the field. I need them to be able to adjust more things, change times, add/reschedule jobs etc, and they can't do it. I was hoping this would help so they didn't forget to tell me what needed to be done, but they can't do it from their tablet.

Pros

Able to change as needed, and easy to integrate with Quick Books. Easy to contact a real person in tech support.

Cons

Don't feel that the phone/tablet app is user friendly

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 2/1/2012

I have already shared my positive feeling regarding Service Sidekick with several fellow electricians. All of us have the common need to be able to access our schedule while out working or estimating projects. I feel like i have a much better grasp on my schedule than ever before. I can access the calender in the morning at my desk. Then on my Android or ipad while I'm in my truck or elsewhere.

Pros

The ability to view my schedule on my Android phone was the primary reason that I chose Service Sidekick almost two years ago. I'm so glad that I did! Our previous scheduling information could only be accessed while out in the field if the secretary was still at the office or by remote log-in once I got to a computer. With Service Sidekick I am able to pull up my schedule while eating lunch, enter a new job that might have just been called in, then hit the notify tech option. This will send either an email or text to my electrician who can then punch it into his GPS and head that way with a descriptive read out of what he has been tasked to do and all of the customer's pertinent information. The integration with Quickbooks Online works quite well with transferring customer info through a simple sync button. This saves a ton of time when entering a service call.

Cons

The only real negative that i have to offer is that when scheduling work for a contractor that will be at an address that is not their home office. Their office address always appears on the printed work order and it can and has caused confusion. Meaning that my guys have shown up at the contractors personal home, embarrassing. There might be a way to simplify it for recurring business partners that work in other places like a remodeling General contractor. Also, with so many features, i feel like i am only skimming the surface of what Service Sidekick is capable of. My New Years resolution is to learn to use it even more effectively.

Response from Kickserv

We do have a new template for work locations and this user was given that new template so you can display the parent and child location.

Translate with Google

Overall our experience with Kickserv has been good. There are a few glitches at times.

Reviewed on 5/15/2018

Pros

The calendar has been easy to use. We do not use it for our installers at this time but use it daily for our sales appointments. For the most part kickserv has been user friendly.

Cons

There are times when we have issues syncing with QuickBooks. It seems this happens when we have one customer with multiple locations. We created our own invoice and estimate template. It would be helpful if this was easier to do and we did not need an HTML guru or it would be helpful if kickserv was more helpful with this. Reports can be confusing to create to pull the information needed. The reports probably took us the longest to figure out how to use. When uploading pictures it is very slow for the sales people when using their ipad in the field.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Debbie,
We really appreciate your time and the feedback you and your team have provided us.

You should always use our chat feature in the program whenever you have a sync issue that you are not able to resolve.
We do have plans to make both reporting and possible custom template modifications easier.

Translate with Google

Great Software for a 1 to 5 Truck Operation!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It was really easy to use. I was able to take my business from 3 employees up to 15 before I started feeling any pain.
The estimates were customization with HTML. We were able to add some very cool code that would add offer banners depending on what was in the estimate.
It tracks every time your customer opens your estimates. Great for know who to call.
The software works well with quickbooks online. The work flow is logical.

Cons

It was week on CRM functions like phone and email integration. The mobile app never worked for us but to be fair our account may have outgrown the design.

There was no ability to group several jobs in to a project. This hurts when trying to find sale conversion rates because we often wrote several optional estimate to win 1 project.

Not having enough features to take my business for 20 to 50 employees. I would still be using it if they had developed a few more features or integrated tightly with a office CRM.

Kickservs has a really nice integration with QBO at the invoices level but none at the prospect or estimate level. If KS's contacts and estimates would of synced and mirrored QBO I Would of found a CRM to layer over KS to get the features I needed.

Not the worst Ive used

Reviewed on 6/22/2017

It has helped me keep track of customers but painfully so. The only reason I have not switched is because I do not have the time to learn a new program. If all of my complaints are resolved before I have the time to implement a new program I will stay; however, service has yet to make me someone who will recommend people or be loyal to this program.

Pros

I like the price point, I like that there is relatively little down time. And I like some of the features the software has

Cons

There are several complaints that I have had from day one. First the reporting is terrible, building a report is often a trial and error endeavor. Even after successfully building a report there are time that it just breaks. Seeing the "Ah, Nuts we'll ninja the heck out of that error" leaves me with nightmares. There are simple reports that should come standard that every business should use. Other than the reports, I find that the software was built to fit many businesses which make sense; however, it makes it harder for my specific business to work with a higher functionality. I cant attach cars to work orders instead I have to print it out and highlight it for my guys. There are other issues like this.

5.0/10
Translate with Google

Excellent, agile field management software

Reviewed on 3/22/2016

We've used Kickserv for about a year now, and are pleased with our experience. We run moving and relocation company, and have a lot of part-time workers. Our business model requires a lot from the software, and we've had to get creative to make some features fit for us, but all in all we've not found a better solution for a better price.

Some of the aspects that we appreciate include:

- Resource view - allows you to see all of your workers at a glance. This is our most crucial page, and it does what it needs to very, very well.
- API interaction allows us to push/pull information from management dashboards that are integrated with other business intelligence data streams.
- Everything is right at your fingertips - easily access jobs, estimates, customers, reports, marketing via the left-hand column. Need to search through it all? You can do that too. Very fast and easy to navigate.
- Full functionality on any device! I can manage my teams from even my phone's browser, anywhere. I can be on a call, processing a credit card, and logging charges and time-tracking all at once - on my mobile device, no less.
-Very customizeable. Change your marketing, your invoices, your estimates, your emails, user permissions, job fields, etc. etc. etc.
- Help is right there in the bottom corner of the screen, with an estimate of when someone will get back to you. I can't say enough about how professional everyone I've spoken with has been, and how personal the customer service is.

Some things we hope will continue to improve:

- The mobile app in our experience has not been as good as the web page - but you can just use the web version.
- Your workflow experience differs depending on where you start to enter your data, which is slightly confusing. Still, the process is flexible enough to allow you to schedule jobs however you prefer.
- It would be great if Kickserv had a JIRA-type bug tracker that allowed us to submit tickets and see their status, as well as provide attachments, updates and feedback.
- Interaction with third-party software, like Quickbooks or Google Calendar, could be improved.

With stellar customer service, and an ever growing feature list, give Kickserv a shot. Overall, its been a solid choice for managing teams in the field, with plenty of flexibility - even for us.

Sidekick Rocks

Reviewed on 12/19/2011

I probably recommend Sidekick to someone once a week. I've shopped and used other solutions and Sidekick blows them away in performance, features, price, support - across the board. I even recommend it to people who don't need to track resources because it's so flexible, you can use it as a CRM.

Overall, 5 out of 5 stars.

Pros

Super easy to understand and get set up. We were up and running in only 1 day. There's very little training that new users need to use SK.
Extremely flexible - I've been able to easily customize the product to show the things we like to see and to run the way we want it.
Reports - the capabilities of the reports are amazing. You can build just about any report you can imagine.
Price - I get excellent value for the price I pay. Other solutions are thousands and thousands of dollars with little to no support. But SK has flexible pricing so you pay for who you're scheduling.
Support - the support is terrific. You almost always get a live person if you have to call. The help database is a good place to look before calling.
Suggestions - Sidekick is way ahead of the curve when it comes to allowing, considering and implementing customer feedback. I've been very impressed with the ability to provide a suggestion and that I've seen many implemented.

Cons

Old data - can be hard to get rid of. I'd like to see a feature where if a user inactivates a custom field, all data in that field on job and customer records can be erased.
Text fields - have a limited number of characters so your jobs and client info have to be concise. You can't write a book for a job order.
Some features don't quite work the way you would expect (timecards) - they don't actually integrate to QB, so it's kind of a teaser and we spent a fair amount of time trying to use the time tracker only to have to go to another solution.

Translate with Google

This software is powerful and keeps me organized.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017

This software helps my business stay very well organized. My last business I used just an accounting program and had to hire 2 office personnel to run the back end of my business. With this program, I can do my back end with the help of my bookkeeper. I authorized my bookkeeper as admin personnel and from his office he keeps me organized with my quarterly's and end year.

Pros

I love that you can do many things with this software, but my favorite is that it keeps in contact with my customer sending out emails the day before I arrive and again on the day of my appointment. Amazing, it has cut down the to almost 0 of customers missing our appointment.

Cons

The thing that I do not like is when using from a smart phone in the field, you open the program and a number tasks close down the program and restarts. It never lets you use these tasks. Wish they would fix it so the phone can access the program. Love it if I could email their invoice from smart phone.

Kickserv Review

Reviewed on 10/2/2018

The software is easy to customize, makes training new employees much easier, and running reports is simple. The customer support team always makes us aware of any changes or down times, and is always responsive to any inquiries or issues we may have.

Pros

The interface is extremely easy to use, and maneuver through. It is also very simple to create your own custom fields, reports, and track data.

Cons

There is no way to track inventory, and modifying customized work orders can sometimes be a nuisance.

Response from Kickserv

Hello James,
Thank you very much for your time and the review. Your viewpoints were insightful. We are happy to hear how easy it is for new users to learn the flow of Kickserv and get started.
We certainly do have inventory on our roadmap of feature requests. It remains a feature that our Quickbooks and Xero integrations do very well.
We should discuss how we can enhance the customization of templates such as work orders with each other. I'll reach out to you directly.
Thank you again for your review.

Translate with Google

Our experience with the software is good overall.

Reviewed on 5/17/2018

We can keep track of all the customers/estimates/invoices.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It tells you whether a customer saw or not the invoice/estimate. It allows you to see unpaid invoices.

Cons

-quick book sync doesn't work right, it makes duplicates of all the customers.
-you can not enter different job locations for the same customer, a new customer needs to be created every time there is a new job location

Response from Kickserv

Hello Jessica,
Thank you for all the stars and confidence you put into using Kickserv for your business.

Creating a new service location for a property manager should be easy. Once you have the main property company in your database, it will just a matter of pressing the "new contact" button, filling in the new service address, and checking the box to associate it with the parent company.

I'll reach out to you via our in-app chat to assist you with this feature and help with the customer-flow-line.

easy to use

Reviewed on 6/23/2017

sends reminders via text

Pros

i like the fact that we can use it on multiple devices. the newest thing is entering the address. it automatically pulls up info based on web searches.

Cons

1. i'd like to see is multiple reminder entries. there have been a few instances where a caller has called in a few times and i put in a second reminder but it doesn't always show the 1st reminder (or initial call) i have learned now to take a second step and jot it in the notes section. 2. when i do put in a second reminder on the same customer, it doesnt show up at the top of the list, so if i dont physically write it down (cause i sometimes go straight to kickserv when on a call) i sometimes forget who i just talked to. 3. ive been having issues for months now syncing with quickbooks, and all i get is we undergoing a software update.

Translate with Google

We have been using this software for years- before it was "Kickserv" and truly love it.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017

Organization, Peace of Mind, Customization, Reports, Syncing Capabilities, Follow-Up Reminders

Pros

We like the syncing capabilities, customization options, reports, and task/reminder functions. This app was truly created with the intention of giving you peace of mind that you've never forgotten something. It makes us feel truly organized and gives us the ability to keep our processes working smoothly.

Cons

When Service Sidekick got switched over to the new platform, Kickserv, we were excited for the new features, but the downtime and constant account issues have been frustrating. Support is sometimes difficult to get ahold of, as well. That being said, the incident report updates that we signed up for, have been great during these circumstances and Pete is always very helpful when he's providing support.

Quick to learn, Easy to use, Adapt to your needs

Reviewed on 9/12/2018

We are able to create estimates and work through an ongoing job without it effecting our bookkeeping within Quickbooks Online. Kickserv has allowed us to track our time records in records within the job record, but then only enter one final labor charge within the invoice itself. We are able to keep greater detailed notes about the piece of equipment without them being accessible to the customer.

Pros

Synchronization with Quickbooks Online.
Basic functions are easy to use.
Adaptable to your companies needs with custom fields and reports.
Directions/maps are integrated into each customer location for quickly planning your days journey.

Cons

You are unable to print report/search results from Kickserv, you are required to export to CSV format.
It does not contain an inventory feature within the software.

Response from Kickserv

Christy,
Thank you for your time. We very much appreciate the review. Beutel and Kickserv have been working with each other over 9 years now.
I can work with you to see if we can come up with a solution for the printing situation.
We now have two fabulous features that you may want to check out - Edge and Listings. They are certain to help your company grown

4.0/10
Translate with Google

This app is so easy to use and stores all of our job files.

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

Our company was able to take our job files from about 20 filing cabinets to ZERO by using Kickserv. No more making copies of every bit of paper to keep in a filing cabinet, no more filing. This app is so easy to use and so flexible. I love it

Pros

I love that all of our job files are stored in 1 place, our customers have access to paperwork that we allow them to see. Also, that all of our employees can access the files they need when they need them no matter where they are, in the office or on the road.

Cons

1 thing I would like to see changed is that it is only compatible with quickbooks and not other accounting softwares. I understand why but wish it was compatible with the software my company uses.

Translate with Google

Kickserv is a great app that I have used for my Piano Service Company.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017

Pros

All inclusive connectivity of all the data needed to run my (Piano Service) business. I consider myself a fairly expert user of kickserv, using it from its early inception, then called ' Service Sidekick'. I am totally on board to help bring it to its fullest potential, so dont take the cons section too hard...I use the system every day, all through the day, and my entire operation depends on this most awesome application.

Cons

Software is gradually degrading. Latest update published makes KS sluggish, screen freezes constantly during scrolling. Reports have been altered to the point of useless.
Quadruple redundant data entry, creating and closing an event, then a job.
No auto fill on repeated fields.
Phone numbers require dashes be entered. Format the field for straight 10 digit entry.
Area code, city, and state are almost always the same in my service area. Why dont these fields hold and auto fill the last data entered? Internet standard these days is that the state is a 'state' field, only accepting 2 CAP characters in verified state identifiers.
No notification if email is successful, and no notice when messages fail. This has caught me with my pants down with customers...( yes customers, not contacts) emailing time sensitive invoices and opportunitys.... guys, they are ESTIMATES, Not opportunitys!!
Stripe send a payment received email notification...Awesome.
The text is the problem. First words of auto generated notification says Congratulations!.
Congratulations? We are small businesses....we take money, every day, all day. It is inapropriate, and smacks of a Condesending viewpoint.

Miss labled fields: My customers are my 'customers' , not my 'contacts'. New address verify is great on service address, Why does it not verify billing address? Getting paid is a very important aspect of small business. Makes no sense.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Scott,
We agree that April and May were not good months for Kickserv. We are so very sorry. We did correct the couple of issues that were inherited from the massive migration of hundreds of original customers from our legacy platform. We regret not anticipating those issues prior.
I would like to clarify some points you made:
1. We do not require dashes in phone numbers fields.
2. We do indicate if an email has failed in your Dashboard > email activity page.
3. Opportunities is a way to make our program more applicable to more people. When you do send out the template it does say estimate. We can help you with how it looks if you need something custom. Let me know.
4. Regarding your comment about the billing address, typically we are not verifying the address so much as we are just indicating on the map where that service address located for routing purposes and driving instructions.

Translate with Google

Lack of response to concerns. Converted us to new platform a day early while open.

Reviewed on 2/16/2017

Our experience with this software was average until the migration from SSK to Kickserv.

1) Our migration was scheduled for the evening of 2/2/17 but instead was run during the morning.
2) This resulted in us not being able to access our entire database for the entire workday. We lost customers and business as a result.
3) The only response we have gotten from Kickserv is "Sorry about the confusion".
4) Responses to issues about the new platform are not helpful and delayed.
5) Cannot upload certain file-types as attachments (Old SSK allowed anything)
6) Editing estimates does not work correctly
7) There are problems with payment capturing in Kickserv. Kickserv seems to ignore some line items.
8) When asked how to permanently complete tasks for re-occurring jobs, the only response I got was "Let me see if I can explain how to do this one".
9) None of our questions or issues have been resolved.

Pros

drag and drop capabilities

Cons

Since switching over to the new platform, there are issues with billing and attaching. Customer support is not helpful

Response from Kickserv

The experience you had with the migration of your account was very unfortunate. Having your system not available during your working hours is a serious issue and we apologize for that error. We did work with your co-worker on the phone to handle the major issue which was mainly getting the sync working successfully again. To acknowledge some of your comments here we currently don't restrict file types. I have requested for your company to send us any file types that seem to not upload. Also, with the issues of editing estimates and capturing certain line items we are not aware of any issues and appreciate any specific feedback on these issues through the normal lines of support at any time. We will clarify with you on what occurred exactly with your earlier question via our support lines of how to complete tasks for re-occurring jobs.
We very much appreciate your loyalty with us and hope we can make up for the disruption to your business as we move forward.

1.0/10
Translate with Google

Kick Serve has helped to close to $3 million in sales for the moving companies I have worked with.

Reviewed on 5/14/2018

Pros

From an admin position this product has been very easy to set up and use. Most of all we have been able to customize to fit our needs. Our clients often remark on how simple and easy to read our estimates are. We have it synced with Quickbooks to track payments.

Cons

Other than the server issue a few months back we have not had any real complaints. Tech support usually responds within a few minutes or contacting them.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you, Ralph. $3 million in sales is a lot of sales. We are happy to hear just how well our software is assisting your customer-flow-line. We know field service and understand that the speed of communication (field to office and visa versa) equals the strength of any organization.

Translate with Google

The old system service psychic was very useful and user-friendly. The new software is terrible.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017

During the service sidekick years, many. During the kick serve years nearly 0 other than scheduling.

Pros

The calendar is the biggest strength of this program. I like being able to use colors for different types of jobs. Also when you move something on the calendar it automatically updates. Our new software does not do that and I miss it. Service psychic used to be very easy to add people into the system and get them scheduled. Kick serve was not. The quick add was a great function when we were at tradeshows or when you're on the phone with a customer.

Cons

The reporting is near worthless. None of the reports are ever accurate, and trying to get someone to help you make them accurate was like banging your head against a wall. The system was incredibly unreliable It is constantly going down. For a web-based system, businesses rely on its functionality during business hours. We had many days of inability to use the system. They're always seem to be some reason why it crashed. The system was much much better when it was service sidekick. We had to build a salesforce software system because it was so dysfunctional. The customer service was also incredibly bad.

Response from Kickserv

We migrated hundreds of our original customers from our legacy system to Kickserv starting in April 2017 through May 2017. We inherited some issues that we certainly should have anticipated or planned for. We did find a couple processing issues bringing on all those older accounts so quickly. We have since cleared those problems and added many more resources to handle much more growth.
We sincerely apologize to all our loyal customers for enduring those weeks of processing delays.

0.0/10