LogMeIn Central Reviews

LogMeIn Central

Endpoint management for desktops, servers & mobile laptops

4.5/5 (188 reviews)
Translate with Google

Great desktop management tool with a few caveats

Reviewed on 7/21/2017

I was able to wrangle in all of my end-users into one unified platform to both maintain windows and application updates and push out anti-virus installations.

Pros

What I like about LMI Central, in the premiere package, is the bundling of Anti-Virus and now application management and updates. The ease of being able to remotely access an end-user's workstation is what totally sells me on the software. In the past, I had to have VPN access to my work network or with other tools, I could only use Windows to access end-users over the web but with LMI, its platform agnostic and they have a great mobile app for iOS and Android that allows you to connect to anyone in your list from virtually any device.

Cons

The biggest drawback in my use is the ability to push Windows updates, Anti-Virus installs and application updates. There is a fairly intuitive panel to push out all the requests but using it is like trying to crochet with space gloves, as you never get a real sense of feedback that the changes you requested are actually being implemented in near-real time. Sometimes the end-users workstations falsely report that they are missing installations that I know they are not, so there is a lot of fiddling with the end-users workstation in order to get it to report to LMI correctly. Also, when you've subscribed to the package that includes anti-virus installs, there is no way to centrally manage the AV, as its provided by a third party.

LogMeIn overall functionality

Reviewed on 9/11/2018

It works with very basic internet connection too while other application fails.
If session is breaking, you can tweak by minimizing the scree resolution, and disabling desktop backgroud.

Pros

Centralized Computer Management.
Its a SAAS applicaiton
Different login options ,
taking control of keyboard and mouse along with Alt, Ctrl, and delete
Blanking screen to hide your activity on terminal.
Adjusting screen resolution and blank and white option make it fast to remote and perform activity on computer

Cons

You can't disable the already remote session even with high privileges user so if two user are trying to get connected the last one will get access and you can't see who was already connected.
You have to give admin rights to user if you want him to add more user into his team you can't do it with power user type thing.
Support is terrible. If you send an invite to user the step by step process takes him to create his personal profile instead of group where you wan't to add him, so you have to tell user how exactly he can create one under group. You can't disable personal profile if created

Translate with Google

When you are an IT pro - this is the tool for you

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 9/7/2017

This is the one I chose every single time.
I was one of the first users of logmein and I fell in love with it from the beginning.
I have been a loyal customer and I always recommend it.
Few companies have achieved a level of mastery like logmein has.
Simply the top choice for IT professionals like me.

Pros

There is something really special about logmein. This software rocks!
when you manage several companies, several computers, servers, and remote users you know you have your hands full.
Logmein is one of the greatest to help you achieve just that.
You can create groups (companies), assign users to the groups, give them rights to those groups, have computers in the groups... and you can manage all of those computers and connect to them remotely.
Depending on the version you can do things remotely without having to sing into the computer and know everything you need to know about the status of the computer from a single place (the Central).

I have rarely had an issue or a problem with it, it was awesome to be able to control and help free users (no longer an option) and know that no matter what you have the right tool to connect every single time.

Deployment is also extremely simple

Cons

The only thing I did not love was the fact that they removed the free version.
By doing so they removed the option to have people who are starting out to build their business.
They also forced several people into finding alternatives that would not be as expensive.

Translate with Google

A fantastic product that allows quick set up and fast remote access to computers and servers.

Reviewed on 1/9/2018

I can't imagine doing my job without this software. Things would be so much more clunky and take twice as long without it. It's that good and that important for offering remote support.

Pros

It's easy to use even with hundreds of computers set up, all organized into group folders with a wealth of information available to you before you even remote connect to the user's computer. It has a huge array of customization options and features to access without ever feeling overwhelming, and has support information and access right from the main page.
It's extremely useful for remote management, in addition to just being impressive to clients.

Cons

They are, bar none, the best remote access and support software on the market. This however means that when they raise their prices, which they seem to do every year, you're left to either take it and raise your own prices slightly, or eat the loss.
They also seem to have dropped the live chat support feature, as it's always marked "Offline" on the support drop-down even though it's within the posted hours.

Translate with Google

Seamless remote access to all workstations eliminating otherwise time consuming visits in person for simple support tasks.

Reviewed on 1/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have used many remote software applications and LogMeIn is hands down the most useful and versatile player in the market. There is nothing I have found the program incapable of accomplishing and I am constantly learning new features that save me time and my clients money. It would take hours to relay all of the benefits of LogMeIn for the real world IT professional.

Pros

Instant access to multiple networks through one account interface. Easy setup and deployment of software packages and scripts for multiple scheduled maintenance tasks. File transfers are simply drag and drop convenient. With a wide range of collected data at disposal, workstation health is displayed for all aspects of computer function. There is an option to remotely power on and off computers and manage services without the need to remotely take over the computer.

Cons

The only change I would like to see is to eliminate the disconnect that happens momentarily while updating the LogMeIn client software. (It automatically reconnects without intervention.)

Translate with Google

I recommend LogMeIn when managing a lot of remote stations.

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

Overall, the platform works well. I've had no issues with security - either to the main account or to any of the remote stations. I've almost never had cause to contact tech support - after many years of use - so that tells a lot right there. The remote access is stable, and I've had minimal service interruptions, and only very rarely was I unable to access a remote station. A simple reboot usually fixed that unless there was something else causing the problem. Overall - it's been a good experience since I began using the software about 10 years ago or so...

Pros

I am an avid user of LogMeIn Central. That said - the ease of use is the primary thing I like about the solution. I have all of my remote connections stored, then further grouped by internal category and locations. From login to the portal to login to the remote station is a matter of a few simple clicks. Very easy to use and keep organized.

Cons

I don't like that they eliminated the free version. I also feel they should allow file transfer when you have a Central account.

Logmein Central is a Great Alternative to VPN

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

We needed a remote access solution for our users that also gave them the ability to run our apps, some of which are fat and would never run over a vpn. We were forced to look at vpn software, vpn concentrator and either terminal services or Citrix. We were looking at a lot of complications, support overhead and extreme cost. LogMeIn allowed us to have a remote access solution that can be accessed from any browser that gave us great functionality and security for a very reasonable cost. A fraction of the solution we were previously looking at.

Pros

Ease of use. Centralized management of all my remote users. Constantly updating with new features. Built-in two factor authentication. Very inexpensive.

Cons

It might be just me but the User group/Computer group functionality is a little unclear. I think some of the management and permission features still need to improve. I wish they had geoblocking. I get alerts that someone that a failed logon from Russia happened. I need to approve where connections can actually come from.

Translate with Google

I have used LogMeIn since 2011 and my work would be nearly impossible without it.

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

It is consistently stable and manageable for my company. I can literally triple my support of other clients with this software.

Pros

LogMeIn is a super stable remote access to other computers that I have rarely had issues with in supporting my clients. I am able to access any of the 50 computers I work with instantly, an many at the same time from either the web portal or desktop application. LogMeIn also includes several IT functions that allow sharing of files & remote rebooting of the client computers.

Cons

The cost is higher than some competing remote access software, so unless you have a lot of remote computers you work with you could probably find a cheaper solution. They also don't have as many extra IT functions with my plan that I can find with a few free offerings out there, such as auto-reconnect once the remote system has rebooted, or a remote Windows Task Manager.

Our use with LMI/Central

Reviewed on 9/28/2018

We have around 480 client desktops on LMI. Some servers, most desktops. We do like their are a local business (we are in the Boston area) and that they are easy to reach. It has allowed us to do a lot more remote support than making physical trips. Travel time and sending a tech can be expensive.

Pros

We use mostly the free edition of license for our customers within Central, we use other RMMs to obtain Pro if need be (remote printing, file sharing, etc...)

It is easy to give remote access to employees of our customers

Adding remote users is simple and easy

I don't have to keep track of passwords, if a customer forgets theirs, they simply perform the forgot my password routine

The interface is simple and there is not much to learn

Cons

Somewhat limited with free licenses (remote printing, file sharing)

That's about the only issues I have with it.

Translate with Google

Really powerful back-end management of all of your PCs and Servers - at a cost!

Reviewed on 5/22/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

LogMeIn is a wonderful piece of software that is very easy to install, and requires little to no maintenance. I just wish that they would stick with one price and stand behind it.

Pros

Fully functional command prompt, registry editor, event viewer, task manager, service manager, etc., WITHOUT having to take over the PC you are working on! This makes troubleshooting and running scripts on remote computers extremely easy, as you don't have to wait until off-hours since you don't have to take over the actual computer. It's got a great system for organizing your computers into groups, and it's HIPAA compliant with all of the auditing and tracking required.

Cons

It's very expensive, and they keep raising their prices. They've raised prices by 3 times over the past 3 years. I expect this will continue.

Logmein is Practical and Functional

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

The reliability of this product is what makes me use this product year after year. While the cost has increased since my initial purchase(remember it was free previously) it is still worth the value.
I recommend this product to others who have to maintain computers and devices remotely.

Pros

I first started using Log me in when it was free many many years ago. As I progressed, I realize that this tool was a necessity in my agency. I could manage multiple computers and did not need to have user input to access their device. I use this on Work Stations/Laptops and even tablets/Phones. I really cannot say enough good things about this product. Very reliable and cost effective.

Cons

I can honestly say I see no cons with this product. I actually sat and thought for a moment and came up blank.

Translate with Google

Remote desktop software that empowers helpdesk teams.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017

Shadowing an end-user session from anywhere in the world is priceless. When a user cannot get on the network, but they can at least get on a webpage, you can LogMeIn to their machine and get them up and running in no time.

Pros

LogMeIn Central allows technical support specialists to view the end-users machine from anywhere in the world. You can transfer files, shadow their session, or share your desktop with them.

Cons

The multiple sub-tiers of the product are a bit confusing. LogMeIn Central... Central basic, Central Plus, Central, Premium. We have the middle level. Some of the articles LogMeIn has says features are available for Central, then at the bottom of the article is clarifies it is only for the Premium members.

Translate with Google

Easy to use remote management with advance features

Reviewed on 11/19/2018

Pros

What I like most of about Central is the easy ability to rollout a group of devices along with the advance management tools that come with the software once you have it fully deployed, such as being able to update not just windows components from a centralized management platform but any software that is currently installed on the devices.

Cons

What I like least about Central is when there is an error there is not an easy way to determine what processes are still trying to run and being able to cancel them after you submit your action. This is mostly pertaining to mass installation of the anti-virus software that comes with Central.

Translate with Google

Excellent tool for managing widely distributed devices.

Reviewed on 11/19/2018

We are a radiology medical practice that have radiologists working in three states. When they need support, all the users have to do is make a quick phone call and we can instantly provide support even though there are hundreds of miles away.

Pros

this tool provides reliable access to our far-flung network of computers and devices to enable us to provide instant, critical support as if we were sitting at the keyboard and monitor. The ability to run diagnostics and the logs right from the dashboard is extremely useful.

Cons

I think the cost is a little high in the pricing models could be adjusted a bit. However, as reliable and robust as the software has become I have no real complaints.

LogMeIn Central

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

We have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years. It's a great product and serves our needs very well.

Pros

The ability to manage all of our remote computers in one place, but we can also group them into subgroups by department, vendor, etc. I also like the ability to create an installation link that I can e-mail to someone and have them set up the LogMeIn software on the computer themselves.

Cons

The only feature that I would like to see would be the ability to grant/deny remote access on a per user basis by time of day. For example, if someone only needs remote access during 8 AM - 5 PM, we should be able to deny access between 5PM-8 AM.

Logmein Central Review

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

How us to support computer and users easily. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend the service to colleagues

Pros

It give me the flexibility to access computers for support and other productivity purposes on an as needed basis. No need for the end user to go to a website and allow access. It also organizes the computers by group as well as setup additional users with selected access, as needed. Easy to use user interface and manageable from anywhere on the internet

Cons

We feel the cost is higher then is should be. also the Captcha security, while good to have, can be an obstacle at times

Logmein Review

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

Remote assistance to customers and employees giving you hands on access to the machine even while not physically at a location. The ability to remotely reboot, even in safe mode has proven extremely useful as well.

Pros

I utilize log me in for remote assistance across multiple computers in our company. It is great for remotely accessing different devices at any time.

Cons

With the version of LogMeIn that I have and use, my only request would be the ability to transfer data between machines. copy and paste for text works between devices, however the ability to transfer documents or program files would be even greater.

Translate with Google

Remote in from any location

Reviewed on 7/10/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like most that it gives me the ability to work from my home computer. I am able to log in within about 2 minutes and has saved me numerous trips to my office. I've used it in both my accounting and sales job and it really does keep my work info at my fingertips. Another great thing is that it gives our CPA the ability to remote in to get any documentation she needs without having to contact me.

Cons

Set up is a little demanding but their customer service reps helped. It is also a little slow, there is a definite lag especially when opening reports.

Translate with Google

Logmein great product fluctuating prices

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

Good experiences good quality. Removing features for smaller business is not a great idea. I know the logmein gets most of their money from large companies but why leave small business money on table. Stabilize prices and have lower tier logmein central rates 10 20 30 50 computer options.

Pros

Very easy to use, a lot of audit options and control of users.

Cons

They removed Black and white low bandwidth Many of our uses are due to low bandwidth connections. When performing emergency support color is not as critical as a faster connection. We are a small business and prices have fluctuated up small business need stability.

GoToMyPC by LogMeInInc.com

Reviewed on 11/19/2018

I use this software daily in order to access my desktop computer from anywhere. The software is safe and secure, easy to use and does the job.

Pros

I've been using this software to log in to my computer remotely from any PC and it has enabled me to do my work from anywhere - including Vietnam, Cambodia, and Costa Rica. All I had to do was set it up on my computer and log in and I can access my desk in the office from anywhere.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software. It has been 100% reliable for me, regardless of where in the world I am located.

Translate with Google

Great speed and ease of use

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

Always been a fan and continue to use LogMeIn for as long as possible!

Pros

When I connect remotely to a computer I need to be able to run the most basic and complicated tasks to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues, LogMeIn allows me to do just that, even from my phone on vacation I've been able to assist people that otherwise might have gone too long without help.

Cons

Been using LogMeIn for a very long time and I can't say that I've got anything negative to say, maybe when they dripped support for older OS's but that's on me, not them :)

Extend your reach

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

I have been using LogMeIn since they have been in business. I write data management software for small businesses. LogMeIn allows me to support many times the number clients that I could possibly do without it.

Pros

LogMeIn allows me to singlehandedly support almost 100 computers. Unless there is a poor connection, there is no noticeable lag time. Lot's of tools and file transfer are handy too.

Cons

As a product it is pretty much perfect, at least for my needs. I can't think of anything that I would like to see change except that I would like to see the price come down a bit.

LogmeIn Central a business tool

Reviewed on 10/8/2018

We use the reporting and management tools provided to give us great access and ease of use to manage our clients servers and computers.

Pros

We utilize this for access to our clients servers and reports on their status. We use the power on tool and help give clients software support companies access to the server temporarily as needed.

Cons

When we give someone temporary access to a server the two factor authentication for these accounts we have to remember to turn it off. Wish we could do that in the settings when we create a temp account.

Great for Remote Service Work

Reviewed on 9/28/2018

Working in the commercial heating and air conditioning industry, it's vital to be able to connect to customer sites to troubleshoot issues when the arise. A lot of times, a fix can be as easy as changing a set point which could take hours to drive to do. This cuts the time to minutes.

Pros

This is an easy option for getting remote access into customer computers. Makes my job a whole lot easier.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is I wish it were a bit cheaper. My company doesn't use or need all of the features. We only need remote access to a lot of computers

LogMeIn all the way

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

With locations throughout the midwest, it was imperative that I could control them from the HQ without every little thing requiring an onsite call. LogMeIn has worked seamlessly to give me the control I need. In fact, our POS provider is considering switching to LogMeIn for their support because it works so much better than their current tool.

Pros

I love the ability to secure all of my systems, assign users with sub accounts and limited access.

Cons

Has issues at times when switching users in a remote system. Not a big deal as you can reload and continue very easily.