Budgetrac LEAD Reviews

Budgetrac LEAD

Property management, development & financial reporting

4/5 (16 reviews)

Mixed Use Real estate developer

Reviewed on 7/26/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Customer service is a big plus. I like that it is specifically geared towards our business. Existing reports are comprehensive and usually will cover any needs, but you also have the ability to create custom reports.

Pros

Very good for loan draws which is important as a developer. Very easy to separate development budgets into multiple phases, or consolidate, as preferred by lender, partner, owners, etc. Most software marketed to real estate is intended for builders and is overly complicated. This programs gives us what we need and is a great bargain. The customer service is great and they are very quick to solve any issues or questions that come up.

Cons

Property management module is probably the least flushed out; however, after using if a couple of years, it is adequate for our use. We tend to not hold onto properties for a long time so the shortcomings do not hurt us. Could use better documentation on this module and custom reports, but overall it works well for our purposes.

Our Picks for the Best Property Management Software

Reviewed on 6/7/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

So we interviewed property managers and landlords across the country on the tools they use and the tasks that keep them busy every day. We learned there are a handful of must-haves: the ability to easily collect rent, manage maintenance requests, and advertise to new tenants, as well as robust accounting, reporting, and document management. We found 15 that met our features requirements; from there we tested each one for ease of use and customer service.

Pros

From there our task was simple: Figure out what property management software had the right features, and then see which were the easiest to use.

Cons

We started with a pretty wide lens, looking at software tailored to residential and commercial properties; for managers of hundreds of units as well as part-time landlords. (We skipped over the niche software — vacation rentals require software that can manage new tenants every week, for example — and preferred SaaS systems to desktop-only options.)

CFO

Reviewed on 8/3/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The software does not require an IT genius to repair if there are issues. I can pretty much go into the system and fix records that are damaged or missing with out calling Budgetrac support. I like that.

Pros

ease of use. It does what I need for a small contractor as well as record keeping for draw processes. The download into excel capabilities is very useful as well as pdf to send to others.

Cons

the Financial statement setup is a bit cumbersome and became too much work to program. I dump the information into excel and modify it that way for presentation purposes.

Translate with Google

Budgetrac works well for tracking construction and maintenance costs.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017

Pros

Budgetrac is easy to work in, not a complicated system. If we did run into a problem with something we were able to call support and resolve our problem in a timely manner. There is also a payroll module, not all programs include payroll.

Cons

The only thing I wish the program could do is to pull a report with hours on a job for a specific time period. The system will pull hours but it is from the start of the job

Budgetrac for the Construction professional

Reviewed on 8/24/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I found Budgetrac very user friendly. I utilized Budgetrac on a daily basis in my role as Purchasing Coordinator for a Custom Home builder.

Cons

There really isn't anything about Budgetrac that I didn't like. It worked great for what I needed it to do. I processed many subcontract agreements and with that there was a lot of budget related tasks that I used Budgetrac for.

Property Management Change

Reviewed on 12/6/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I found this product to really be amazing. Prior to this, we ran our whole rental management and investment business off of excel worksheets. Sure this works, but when you expand you have nothing but headaches. The great part of this company is that it also has software for renovation/real estate development which makes it easier to work with one partner.

Pros

I love the usability and easiness of use of this product. It is simple to learn and easy to maintain. Cuts out a lot of repititive tasks.

Amazing software!!!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 5/24/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This software makes life easier since in just a click away I can have what I need. Presentation wise, no other software can be recommended.

Cons

I am amazed by this software that I can't recall anything that I dislike with this product. Maybe a edit button for the graphs.

BudgeTrac Software Review

Reviewed on 11/10/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have used BudgeTrac for about 10 years and it has allowed me to track all aspects of a construction project. The software is very detailed and has many capabilities. The accounting component easily exports into our Skyline software.

Pros

The level of detail the program allows for you to utilize. The multiple modules gives you many options for a project.

Translate with Google

As of Jan 2016 the software is still in beta version -full of errors and NOT useable.

Reviewed on 2/4/2016

I've used Yardi, Argus, and host of complicated softwares. I mention this to let you know that this is not a user issue. Budgetrac is full of errors. For instance, a $363,000 payment with 10% retainage, it correctly shows retainage at $36,300, but instead of a payment of $326,700 Budgetrac made it for $294,000. In addition to math errors, phantom payments appear in expense reports, while some payments are dropped. Invoices often lockup and you can't delete or correct them before they are processed. Often invoices aren't "posted" which is required for the rest of the system to recognize them. Although they have a Customer Service number, they don't have any personnel - except for the implementation person, who is your only contact and you could wait over a week for him to respond. After 4 months of hearing promises of Budgetrac is correcting the system in the next upgrade, I finally asked for a refund - at which point they went quiet. I eventually had an attorney contact them at which point they offered a percent refund of my investment if I promised not to disclose all the problems I encountered. I didn't accept the offer.

Budgetrac Review

Reviewed on 1/31/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

There are lots of different options out there, but budgetrac is an excellent choice. Great for real estate developers and property managers.

Translate with Google

BudgeTrac is a joke. They lie. They steal. And now they're hiding.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Cons

Tried serving papers to them to sue to get our money back (that they agreed in writing they owed us) - but they've disappeared. Certified mail to the address still listed on their website is returned - left with no forwarding address. Tried several other addresses I found online, but those are returned as well. Emails are ignored. Phone calls get through to a machine, but messages are not answered. They promise refunds of prepaid license fees, but won't ever actually do it.

Really good, and robust

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 7/17/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Overall, many Pros. Ability to organize data efficiently and separate items if/when needed. No complaints at all.

Cons

Not too many Cons to this SW. My team and I are happy with this product and we would use it again and again.

Translate with Google

Budget management all in one

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 4/15/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Very easy to use and effective. Good product!

Pros

This allowed me to manage track and stick to my budget all while using one single platform. The budget planning and tracking was very easy to set up and use. It was also very simple to teach to others

Cons

It would be nice if this software could be utilized as a crm as well. Unfortunately I have to use this and a crm simultaneously.

Translate with Google

Love it, and wouldn't trade it.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I love it, has all the features I need and could ever want, wouldn't trade it.

Pros

Keeps track of all my data and can print out reports.

Cons

Can think of any...

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 11/23/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Cost friendly. Love software. Support is great.Works well for our needs.

Pros

Saves time

Cons

None

Fairly good product

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 10/23/2018

It is easy to install.

Pros

It is easy to use. You just bring it up and all the information you need to use it is right there for you to follow.

Cons

Sometimes it is confusing. When you start to use it, it seems almost too easy but you have to be careful to fully understand what you are supposed to mdo.

7.0/10