Hemlane Reviews

Hemlane

Rental property management for real estate investors

4.8/5 (39 reviews)
Translate with Google

I could not have kept costs down and realized additional revenue without Hemlane!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/1/2017

Pros

I've owned an investment property for a number of years but I recently sold it to get into a better market closer to my home. I decided to manage the property myself. There were a few tips I picked up over the years from PM companies, but it's nothing like managing it yourself. The support staff did a one-time introductory tour of the product and I was off and running. The product is amazing! I was able to create the listing easily and seamlessly. With an intuitive UI I was able to filter and managed interested candidates. Hemlane also set up the showing information, which was incredibly helpful. I don't want to understate this feature. Our property was incredibly popular and there is no way we could have handled this process if it was not for Hemlane.

Once candidates uploaded their information, we submitted it for credit checks and received the report back in 24 hours. Crafting the lease agreement was seamless as well. They easily signed it and now all the lease documents are in a central location that is easily accessible with the click of a button.

The ongoing management is automated. Tenants pay through the system and if a tenant is late, Hemlane sends automated reminders. Also tenants can communicate with you through the system, which keeps your relationships professional with high tough service. I could not have kept costs down and realized additional cash without Hemlane!

Translate with Google

The Best Property Management Software For Real-Estate Investors and Entrepreneurs

Reviewed on 1/24/2017

Hemlane is a wonderful tech enabled property management solution for real-estate investors looking for a cloud based and client centric partner that allows them to streamline their operations, cut costs, and interface with tenants and vendors in a time efficient manner. Hemlane's software is intuitive and brings traditionally cumbersome and time consuming property management processes such as rent collection, vendor coordination and payment, and leasing in to a time efficient and seamless system enabled by a superior technology backed by a professional and responsive staff. Whether you are a small real-estate investor looking to self-manage passive income generating properties, or are a full time real-estate professional with an existing full service property management staff and large portfolio, Hemlane can help modernize and professionalize your property management processes.

Pros

Hemlane is intuitive, client centric, and I like that it is developed first for a cloud and mobile environment.

Cons

I only hope that Hemlane keeps adding features I reccommend--they have been very receptive to client feedback, and work to incorporate both design and functional changes as they make iterative improvements to their platform, and build out the technology's capabilities.

Translate with Google

Best decision I have made since starting my own property management company this year!

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

Pros

Hemlane is the best kept secret in the property management software industry! I started my own property management company this year, and was shocked by what the larger property management software companies were asking on a monthly basis. Most of them stopped talking to me because I didn't have 500 properties on my hands. Hemlane allows me to set my own showing schedule, confirms showings automatically so I'm not wasting my valuable time, produces a totally seamless online application in screening process, allows me to simply transfer applicants into tenants with the push of a button, I can send and receive funds electronically from landlords / tenants / vendors without surcharges, and much more. Any other issues I've had with setting up my company through Hemlane has been resolved by rep within a matter of minutes. I could not recommend this company enough, especially if you're thinking about starting your own property management company.**** I have worked for large property management companies in the past that used some of the big-name software companies, and I know that the value cannot be beat****

Cons

I wish that the 1099 feature came standard with the service. I have not had the software for more than a year, so in all fairness, I am assuming that all of my financial transactions on Hemlane will easily transfer to QuickBooks. I have not been disappointed By REP and her team yet!

Translate with Google

Makes my life much easier

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Mostly excellent! Their team is very responsive and supportive of any issues. They want YOU to succeed. They even helped me see that one of my units was underpriced and I ended up renting it out for $100/month more.

Pros

Hemlane makes it really easy for me to manage, collect and refund payments for tenants. I've been very pleased with that functionality and also the marketing automation. E.g. when you post a listing for a unit, it will automatically get posted on all the major sites where renters are looking. Then once people inquire, there is an automated e-mail response that encourages prospective tenants to fill out an application or reach out to the property contact with questions. I find this a very efficient way to manage dozens of inquiries when I post an availability and screen tenants efficiently. The application allows you to easily collect all the information for screening tenants in one place.

Cons

The user interface could use improvement. I had to reach out to support with questions a few times to learn how it works. It's not as intuitive as it could be which has created more of a learning curve than I would have liked. Processing online payments takes longer than I'd like (3-4 days)- though honestly this is probably more the fault of the ACH Network rather than anything Hemlane has control over.

Response from Hemlane

Thanks Andrew for your review! We look forward to continuing to make the user experience the best in the industry! And we are happy to hear about the increased revenue with your rentals.

Highly recommend it

Reviewed on 1/18/2017

I moved for my job and left my property to OneRent for rental income. And then I had to fire them because of their poor performance and lack of communication. The transition was challenging not only because I was away, but also because OneRent won't cooperate. the founder was very patient & professional to handle all the issues and bring everything back into normal. While I was struggling with OneRent, I missed the chance to rent out my place, but she was able to find a good tenant after 3 showings.

There are a bit of work involved - filling a few forms and so on. But these are the things that any landlord would like to be involved or at least wants to know. There is absolute transparency in the process and the fee is substantially low. Most of all, Dana is very knowledgeable and fantastic at handling the issues.

One more thing - not sure if OneRent was trying to rip me off or if the price with Hemlane experts are reasonable. In any case, I got two quotes from these two property managers for the same job and Hemlane's quote is 40% lower than OneRent.

In all, I highly recommend hiring Hemlane - it is good to know what's going on and my property manager has my back.

Pros

Transparency on the rental business and good communication channel with my tenants & property manager.

Cons

Need some work to complete the work - not exactly full service, but it is good that I could have a control.

Great Product That is Constantly Being Updated

Reviewed on 10/3/2018

Hemlane has begun to drastically change the way we operate our business. It is great to be able to keep all lease documents, maintenance requests, payment information/history, etc. all in one place. The site is easy to navigate, has a pleasing user interface, and its feature set always seems to be improving.

Pros

Customer Service has been great about getting back to me quickly with answers to my questions and listens to my feedback about how current features could be improved and about new features that would benefit my business.

Cons

Some useful features have not been released yet.

Response from Hemlane

Thank you for the review! And, we can't wait to get more great features out for you.

Hemlane software review

Reviewed on 12/2/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

All property owners can afford this software and I believe you will find it very useful.

Pros

This software is so good in marketing your property. Hemlane is cloud-based thus can be accessed by any device. This product is ideal for small business

Cons

It is hard for one to master this software. Hemlane has a poor user-interface and it takes a lot of time to process payments

Translate with Google

Best property management for the price!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017

Pros

-Dashboard gives a great overview
-Email communication keeps me up to date
-Consolidates vital info in easy to see landing page
-Easy ACH for tenants plus they love that it is free for them
-Easy management of work orders
-Easy marketing functions

Cons

-Unable to pull reports on different payment types each month (off line, ACH etc...)
-Offline payment function needs simplification
-Does not allocate late offline payments at a single point of payment screen
-Groups payments by number of "late payments" and not property or renter
-Requires other service (zInspector or others) for move-in and move-out inspections
-Does not allow for mapping of work orders to service provider

Response from Hemlane

Thank you for your review on Hemlane! Work order mapping will be coming as new features in January 2018. We look forward to supporting your management.

Translate with Google

Hemlane provides excellent affordable property management solutions to real estate owner.

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

Pros

The prompt customer support and flexibility are wonderful. As owner you could get involved as much as you like or you could step back and rely on the great support you receive from Hemlane to take care of your real estate management needs. With the easy access online tools you could manage your property thousands miles away and not worry about hiring expensive local property management firm who charges way more. Also included in the package you get help from its online legal partner who is great for answering questions and preparing legal document. It is a one stop shop that meet my property management needs.

Cons

The software is constantly adding more features and it will provide more benefits for the users. Looking forward to more offering.

Hemlane

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 8/3/2018

I have been using Hemlane a little over a year now for a condo rental property and I am very satisfied and pleased with the service and tools they provide.

When I need help, I get prompt feedback and support. The online tool is great to have one place to go to manage and see the status on my rental properties, communicate with the tenants and see any open issues. I think Hemlane is a great value for the money. Hemlane is geared towards those landlords that want to stay a little bit involved with the management activities, rather than have someone do 100% and not be involved or bothered at all. But, their tool and service make it easier to do. And the fee structure is more based upon paying for the service you use, as opposed to flat monthly %'s of the rent. Overall, I am very pleased with Hemlane and would highly recommend them.

Pros

Cons

I know I can get a summary, but maybe a more detailed itemization of annual expenses for tax purposes would be good.

Translate with Google

This product is a great value & comes with excellent customer service & communication!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017

Pros

Hemlane is an amazing solution for streamlined online property management. Our experience managing 30+ properties through Hemlane has been fantastic thanks to the efficiency of the program and the expert communication provided by Customer support representative and her team. Having the ability to accept online applications, quickly convert specific applicants to `Tenant Status and accept online rent payments almost instantly has saved us countless hours of time & resources. Our tenants appreciate the ease of paying rent from their homes, offices & cell phones securely, having the ability to schedule automatic rent payments & having secure records of their payments through Hemlane all in one online portal. We highly recommend Hemlane for all property managers no matter the size or model of the company!

Cons

We are looking forward to added features such as printable applications & property groups by owner. We appreciate that Dana takes all of our suggestions & questions into account.

Translate with Google

Hemlane significantly facilitates the expansion of my property portfolio

Reviewed on 1/13/2017

As I hold investment properties in a number of states throughout the US, Hemlane has provided me with an ideal, consolidated management solution, offering smart software and on-ground support applicable to each property. I now spend *significantly* less time - and have less headache - with the management of my properties. Being a client of Hemlane, I cannot imagine investing in more residential properties without them.

Translate with Google

Does everything I need it to

Reviewed on 5/3/2018

Pros

Easily the best feature is their customer support. This is a huuuge deal for me and Hemlane,Team answers any question myself or my tenants have almost instantly. There are a number of websites like Hemlane, but I don't any of them do as good of a job with Customer Support as they do.

Cons

It can be a little un-intuitive for certain things & I'm sometimes not exactly clear what my tenants see vs. what I see on the website. I'd like to be CC'd or something on all the messages they see so I have a better idea of what their experience is like.

Translate with Google

Easily replaces traditional property managers, at a much more affordable price

Reviewed on 1/4/2018

Cut out the expensive property manager middleman, and gave me direct and easy control on managing my property at a much more affordable price.

Pros

Simple, intuitive UI. Ability to post listing to many different websites, and has an elegant plug-in for craigslist listing. Flexible pricing model that is significantly cheaper than traditional property managers. Fast and easy set-up for listing and tenant management.

Cons

Experienced some bugs while trying to set up tenant screening. But luckily the Hemlane staff was very responsive and helped to resolve the issue very quickly.

Hemlane is ideal for my 5 properties

Reviewed on 2/22/2017

This company has ridiculous customer service, free onboarding, and a simple product. There are a couple of additional features that I want added to the software, but there are workarounds and the team is good at listening to me to have these features added to their enhancement list.
I really like their marketing software -- it makes it easy to advertise my rental properties and see prospective tenants in one pipeline. I have only used the product for 2 months, but was able to get a renter very quickly through it.

Pros

It is simple and I don't get lost in it. I really like their marketing feature (made it easy to find a good renter) and their free onboarding.

Cons

I asked for a couple of things that are not in the software yet -- task reminders and send checks to my vendors.

Translate with Google

Fantastic program for property management and home rental. Very quick results.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017

It saves me time, and a lot of money. We are renting our home in California while my husband works on the east coast. This is 10% of the cost of traditional property management groups that I interviewed. Very friendly knowledgeable people. I think of it as the Airbnb of the long term rental market.

Pros

The ease of use, wide range of advertising. There is really fast tech support from folks that know how to use the program. Oh, and did I mention the price. What a value!

Cons

That it is not really geared for commercial rentals. I am hoping they go into the commercial market as well.

Translate with Google

Very happy with the function of the software for our needs

Reviewed on 11/20/2017

Time. I saves me time.

Pros

Its easy to use on our end once the tenants are set up. I love how it auto bills, auto late charges and lets me know who is behind. Also, the charts showing projected income for the next couple of months is nice.

Cons

Updates are being added as we go, and everyone is great to work with. I wish it had a better reporting function. Somewhere we could better keep track of expenses. We have to almost consider bringing in a quickbooks to track the expenses, on top of this product.

Fantastic support

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 9/7/2017

Saves time.

Pros

I use Hemlane's Smart management, and the amount of help you can get is great. My property manager is always willing to pick up the phone and ready to help.

Cons

The software is very easy to navigate once you get a hang of it. There will be some learnings to do for new users.

Translate with Google

Comprehensive, simple and value for money

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Pros

This was the software that had the most features relevant to my needs.

Cons

There has been a couple of bugs within the platform unfortunately. Though the support staff is quick to respond and I also have confidence in them as they add new features.

Response from Hemlane

Thank you, Brett, for the review! We look forward to getting those other features and requests into the product for you. It has been great to work with you.

Translate with Google

Hemlane is an awesome property managment service and a cool technology company

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

I was really blown away with everything Hemlane offered. The technology aspect of the company is amazing and the user experiene is very friendly and easy to learn

Pros

The tech aspect
Quality of management of properties

Cons

Not great for someone who doesn't know how to use the internet or check email frequently. Even for tech challenged people, this service is easy to learn

Translate with Google

Can't beat value and customer support.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017

Simplicity of use for myself and my tenants. Having my tenants calls taken care of when they occur. I do want to remain aware of what is occurring but don't want to have to be on call 24/7. This works beautifully for that.

Pros

It's simple to navigate and doesn't overwhelm. When you do have difficulty finding something a simple email or phone call generates a very quick response and resolution. They worked quickly to update the software (two days) to make the payment date info. clarification that I needed. I had read about this quick response time in reviews when I was shopping for software systems and I experienced it first hand two months into my subscription.

Translate with Google

You will never find a better value for property management software!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017

Pros

The direct deposit, marketing capabilities and tenant screening functions make property management a breeze.

Cons

The financial section could be a little more user friendly. I'd like to be able to hover over the money and be able to be more interactive with it.

Translate with Google

Excellent tool for property owners who want to be Landlord, at the same time Property manager.

Reviewed on 8/9/2017

Pros

Accessiblity of property management tools especially with service payments to vendors and rental payments from tenants.

Cons

It won't allow same day showing schedule. When a prospective would want an immediate preview, Im not able to update the dashboard.

Hemlane is Great

Reviewed on 2/8/2017

I have found the support from Hemlane to be excellent. I am saving a fortune compared to the Real Estate Management Company I was using.

If I need anything, Hemlane tries to get it for me.

Pros

The price and the support provided

Cons

Not being able to group units and building and building group.

Translate with Google

We had a stellar experience with Hemlane from my very first phone call. One of the customer rep is a rare jewel.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017

it was easy to navigate and we found a fabulous tenant as a result right away.

Pros

I am technologically challenged and I found the software very easy to navigate . The customer rep was right there to offer any guidance I needed. She was available on a Sunday to answer any questions I had and was incredibly patient and understanding that we had never been landlords before. She held my hand through the entire process and we met only qualified possible tenants. We were able to choose the tenants we wanted that first day. They have been as wonderful as the customer rep is!