OnSemble Intranet Portal Reviews

OnSemble Intranet Portal

Employee intranet & collaborative suite with built-in apps

4.8/5 (47 reviews)

An Onsemble Ambassador

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

The overall experience has been amazing as indicated above. But the lion share of my praise goes to the Implementation Manager. Without her I highly doubt that our Portal would have launched or without a doubt significantly delayed. Her knowledge base of the Onsemble platform and her attention to detail is astounding. As much as I get praised for creating an immersive Intranet, I know it's partly due to her support. She's an asset to the Passageways Organization...and to our team.

The support team is nothing like I have ever experienced. Their response time and follow through is indeed a standard for the industry of IT support, this deserves 100% not 99% satisfaction.

Pros

Wow!... I can spend literally hours writing about my extreme satisfaction with the team and the software.
It has allowed our organization to experience another level of engagement with our staff. The ease of use and the “drag and drop” design feature has also allowed a team of 2 to be nimble, with the results and appearance of a team of 10. Our Executive leadership team believes transparency is the currency of leadership and the Onsemble platform has afforded them the opportunity to live out this value. From just- in-time information, thoughts on upcoming and/or current changes, future business strategies and recorded quarterly messages. This software has been and a catalyst to our increased employee engagement scores. We've only been 'live' for 6 months!

Cons

A missing mobile platform and the non responsiveness to different screens for the desktops version.

Great Support

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

We were trying to reduce paperwork and create a portal that was useful for every department in their everyday jobs, removing things off of network drives and organizing them in Onsemble. We love our new portal.

Pros

We've been Passageways customers for more than 10 years now and recently revamped our internal portal with the most recent version of OnSemble. Our customer support representative was very helpful and we really felt like Passageways was as invested in this project as we were. They will often get on phone calls with us to resolve questions and issues same-day or within a few hours. We always felt like we were a priority to them.

Cons

OnSemble is really a blank slate - you can do almost anything with it. You really have to have a vision for what you want the site to be and how you want it to be organized in order to be successful with this product. If you do, it's really customizable. If not, you can certainly have Passageways assist you in designing something, but you really have to know what you want and how you want it to be organized for your organization.

Translate with Google

We are a lover of the intranet ( OnSemble!)

Reviewed on 5/18/2017

This is a great product for any sized organization! Keeps us " on the same page" with our employees!

Pros

We love how easy it is for us to use, being a smaller organization but growing organization it keeps us connected to all employees. not having an IT department or Marketing department its so simple for us to use and create and be innovative. Our staff loves how easy it is to use, and we love having fun and making it exciting for the staff. Easy to keep documents in one place and update them on the spot when new documents arise. Easy to get all the information you need in one spot. Personally for me, i love that I can make my own pages and have a "traveling desk" so no matter what office I am in, I am able to access almost everything I need by just logging into the portal. We also use it for openness of our organization giving the staff insight into the financials of the organization. We love love love the Portal

Cons

Sometimes it has bugs would be my con, however the support we get when this happens is quick and effective!!!

OnSemble as an Internal Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 1/19/2017

We use OnSemble as our internal marketing communication and resource for employees to find any internal forms, procedures, info on products, training, and much more. The more that we do get employee buy-in to using it, the more we discover that we can do with it. I do feel that Passageways is constantly trying to update the features and functionality, and they definitely have some fabulous customer service! Anything I have ever needed or didn't understand, I've gotten exceptional support on from their team.

Pros

What I like the most is all of the different functions and uses for managing content and forming communication that you can use it for, you don't have to use them all, but they are available for when the product grows and your institution grows and you can add on more things as your needs change.

Cons

Really the only thing that I don't like about it is something that is in the process of being updated, which is that the portal is not currently responsive. We have people in our organization that have many different size screens and resolutions, so no one layout fits them all well.

Passageways OnSemble Review

Reviewed on 1/21/2017

1. Overall Quality - We've had the Employee Portal for a very long time. We've seen different versions come and go.

2. Ease of Use - Super easy and friendly web interface. Don't need to be an HTML expert to customize the Portal.

3. Features & Functionality - Has everything we need internally from Employee Directory, procedures, to Helpdesk.

4. Customer Support - Is the best. Always willing to assist whether it be by phone or email. Definitely the best service out there!

5. Value for Money - Very affordable and the ROI is very much worth it

Pros

1 stop shop for all of our internal needs

Cons

Nicer navigation/theme icons. I'm currently customizing our Portal with icons I get from a 3rd party. How about having an icon library where we could choose which navigation icons to use for our layout.

Translate with Google

Onsemble has completely simplified and modernized our intranet!

Reviewed on 7/19/2018

Onsemble gave us the tools to create an intranet that is fully functional, modern, and efficient.

Pros

The ease of use empowers people of all different technical backgrounds to build professional quality pages. Not only are the pages aesthetically pleasing, but the build-in modules offer a whole other level of functionality to make our jobs easier. I have really enjoyed the process of creating pages that, visually and technically, would have not been possible without Onsemble.

Cons

There are certain modules that could use some improvement for customization. For example, the font and color of the Birthdays and Anniversary islands. I wish we could customize those things easily. But this is a small complaint in the big picture, and our Customer Success Manager does a great job of bringing our ideas to the technical team to see if its something that can be implemented in the future.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 7/19/2018

Consistency of information for staff. That sounds simple. We had 5+ offices using different versions of the same process and only one was using the correct version. It created nightmares of auditing and review. Having a one-stop-shop for ALL policies, procedures, etc. has saved us countless hours of addressing inconsistencies. It also makes training easier. This is just one simple use that has made a huge impact. The numerous other uses are a bonus.

Pros

I like that there is one place for staff to get everything. It keeps everyone up to date and creates consistency. Everyone has the same information - procedures - forms - etc.

Cons

If you don't plan on how you are going to use the program well, then you'll need re-design or other maintenance. It is best to put extra effort into the initial stages. Otherwise, some processes can be clunky or items buried and hard to find.

Translate with Google

The people at Passageways, from the CSMs to the tech support staff are AWESOME.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017

Pros

I love that the possibilities nearly endless. How my portal looks and feels is completely up to me. I love that when I have a question, i can always get a quick answer from Tech support, without them making me feel like an idiot or that I am bothering them.

Cons

Ha! Its the same as the most in some respect. Starting with a completely blank page is so intimidating. I think it wouldve been easier for us during the initial design if we had a few pre-built templates to choose from that we then could've customized. The modules that are configured within the island itself are definitely easier for novices.
I would really like better control of permissions. For instance, I would like to have permissions for a particular page rather than the entire workgroup. Possibly even specific islands within specific pages. I would like for more customization that it currently controlled by a CSS to be integrated into the portal so that people without design experience can more easily make those custom changes.

OnSemble and the Passageways Team Are Just What We Needed

Reviewed on 1/27/2017

OnSemble is exactly what we needed to create a more engaging, interactive portal for our employees. We have been able to build and maintain our portal, even those of us without a high amount of technical know-how, thanks to the simple-to-use design and the unsurpassed support from the Passageways team.

Pros

You don't have to have an education background in software to learn & manage the product effectively. Which also means that managing this is not time consuming. Also when we have ideas and suggestions Passageways is very open to them, asks questions to understand & works to include the new features or make the improvements you suggest.

Cons

At times some of the modules or islands don't function as simple or as straight forward as you would expect. But, as long as you share your frustration or suggestions for improvements with Passageways they do what they can to improve it to your satisfaction.

Translate with Google

User friendly system with top notch support

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Overall we have had an awesome experience with Onsemble and Passageways. The level of support that is available is fantastic. Our previous intranet provider was located in another country and any type of support was limited to their working hours which was TOTALLY opposite of ours. They also seemed to "nickel and dime" us on everything. Onsemble support has been easily accessible AND at a FANTASTIC price point.

Pros

Onsemble is easy to use and creates a high quality and very professional image within our organization. Anytime we have questions or experience technical difficulties I always feel like I receive 100% of the technicians attention until my problem is resolved.

Cons

the forms module is my least favorite app. It is very antiquated and I had higher expectations HOWEVER, I do believe that this module is on the radar for an upgrade. Yay :)

Our OnSemble Experience

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

My overall experience with OnSemble has been really great. I have met a lot of great people and I've learned what others are doing. It has helped us put some best practices together and made our road to success that much easier.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that no matter what questions I have, my CSMs and tech support are always there to assist. They offer great advise and suggestions. If they do not know the answer they escalate the issue to their development team.

Cons

Being a long term customer at times you were limited at what you could do. However, I like the direct their are going in and I see great things.

Passageways :)

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Our company is fully taking advantage of being able to organize our policies and procedures, having the employees be able to access whatever is needed to get through their work day, and continue to grow for our company.

Pros

Passageways is a great tool to make your work environment work as a community. You can make it fun and navigationally/organizationally friendly. The support from their staff members gives you the ability to make it your own.

Cons

If you are not a computer whiz, it can be overwhelming once you begin building pages. However, the tools given to you along with staff support will help you through the obstacles.

Helps Connect All Employees

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

We are able to connect all employees across the country, and drive culture change through the portal. Our employees know if it's on the Portal it's the most up to date and accurate information, and the ease of updating makes that possible.

Pros

The support we receive from our Customer Success Manager is outstanding. I know I'll always get the perfect solution or help with any issues.

Cons

Some of the modules and permission settings are outdated and a little complicated to use. However, they’re actively working on updating these in the next few releases.
We're excited to see the changes coming soon.

Great Internal Intranet Platform

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

We have been longtime customers and we have always had awesome support and have been able to build a very useable intranet with OnSemble.

Pros

This platform allows our staff to easily build and deliver high quality and current materials to our staff with a website feel. The functionality to the end user is very easy to navigate and easy to follow while similar for those portal administrators. The Passageways support staff is AWESOME, too! The whole group has a "can do" attitude.

Cons

Sometimes the permissions and module setup can be a little clunky.

Translate with Google

Great Staff and very easy to customize

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

This team isn't just another company. They actually care about you, your team, and your project. Thank you to the OnSemble team!

Pros

This software is very easy to learn, use, and adapt to. You could be very simple with this, and get the job done, or be more advanced and create some amazing work. NOTE: The support team was very responsive to us with any upgrades, issues, or questions.

Cons

There's not a lot you CAN'T do with this software. They are always coming out with upgrades, which is actually going to fix some minuet requests / issues.

Translate with Google

OnSemble has been an amazing tool for our bank to unify employees and build a strong culture.

Reviewed on 5/18/2018

The primary benefits have been culture building and information dissemination. This has cultivated a family atmosphere among employees at all levels of the bank and pushed us forward in accomplishing organizational goals.

Pros

We love that OnSemble allows us to connect every employee across the bank from tellers all the way up to our executives. Employees feel more involved in each others' lives which cultivates a sense of family and increases buy-in across the board for our bank's mission and vision.

Cons

We have no complaints. The customer service has been absolutely fantastic and Passageways is a top notch company. As we move forward, we will definitely continue with them.

Passageways

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

I think the collaboration we will have with our portal will help our employees come together as a team.

Pros

Since we have upgraded to the latest version, I am excited to make our portal fun and engaging! I like that we can house all of our documents in the portal and they can be edited there and saved.

Cons

I am still learning about the portal so right now the hardest thing for me is building pages.

Translate with Google

Great way to get all employees on the same page

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

I am constantly learning new ways to utilize all of the tools for our company and our employees. Our CSM is very collaborative and gives excellent guidance. The support team is extremely responsive and quick.

Pros

The ability to customize it to our branding, our needs and wants.

Cons

If possible, having some ready-made css or html scripts that could be made available for use would be great.

Translate with Google

OnSemble - new product offering and service is great!

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

We've used OnSemble for years and are very happy with the ability to relaunch and the support we've received from our CSM and everyone at Passageways.

Pros

Its clean and simple to use, the customer service is truly amazing.

Cons

Like any software, sometimes the back end is complicated but Passageways has made it much easier to design pages and handle permissions.

Translate with Google

Great support and easy for anyone of any skill level to create a great portal

Reviewed on 5/21/2018

Staff engagement and increased employee recognition. Reduced paper, servers, and email.

Pros

Many features allows for us to engage staff at all levels-it's so easy to use that we have a whole team who contributes to the content, look, and feel. The ease of use allows us to easily change up the theme for holidays, special events, or just because!

Cons

Nothing about the product to not like! It would be great if more clients could be engaged in the community to share tips, tricks, and ideas

Release easy to install.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017

Great for new hires to learn about products and services. Easy to locate staff - phone data. Centralized location for documents.

Pros

Centralized location for staff to get what they need. Able to get forms / documents / employee data / etc.

Cons

Had to delete Islands no longer supported. Had issue with form links but that was resolved with WebEx.

CFCU Review

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Staff can be more efficient doing their day to day jobs. This allows multi departmental communication. Forms, documents, manuals, and procedures are at your finger tips.

Pros

User friendly. Customer support. Add on modules.

Cons

None - N/A. We love our portal! Passageways is so supportive in all we want to do.

Great Product and Support

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

OnSemble is replacing our exiting .asp designed intranet with much more functionality and collaborative capability.

Pros

The flexibility in function is terrific, and the support from the staff is incredible!

Cons

Limited presentation customization for many tools make them hard to find nicely within a theme. Responsiveness scales only width. Heights remain locked which can create a ton of unused white space on smaller screens

Translate with Google

The OnSemble platform is easy to use and support. Passageways staff are always there to help.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017

Pros

The biggest benefit to using this software is a simple consistent layout. It makes training staff quick and easy.

Cons

The alerts and notifications section can only be set at the user level. It was one of the biggest complaints during implementation.

Translate with Google

Great value for the money. Don't overpay for a big enterprise monster (Jive) that is to complex.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017

Pros

Great people to work with. Great value for the money. It's not an overly complex platform but does everything you need an employee intranet portal to do. And they keep adding more modules all the time.