AroFlo Reviews

AroFlo

Job management for trade services & project based industries

4.2/5 (51 reviews)
Translate with Google

AroFlo used in a field service environment

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

We have 8 field technicians attending dozens of service jobs a day, using many spare parts. AroFlo allows us to maintain control of all these jobs through the many different stages that each job progresses through. I like the integration of service job creation and allocation, with spare parts inventory control, job status monitoring and finally invoicing.

Pros

It does most things reasonably well. Allows us to create service jobs, allocate the jobs to service techs and to monitor progress in the field. It combines this with basic inventory/spare parts management for our warehouse and field service vans. We use its ability to upload photos and video to share information with office based service staff and we also use its ability to automatically email on the creation of a Task Note, to send spare part replenishment requests to our spare parts department. It also allows us to create invoices and Purchase orders in AroFlo. Its ability to link prior jobs through the Asset history is extremely valuable to review the history of problematic machines. All in all, it provides a fairly seamless one stop system.

Cons

1. That it's inventory management is basic. While you can set min. stock level alerts there is no ability to set stock reorder levels making restocking/ordering a very time consuming process.
2. We can only set one location per inventory item which means none of our fleet of service vehicles can have stock locations set at a van level making it difficult for service techs to find parts in their vans as we carry many hundreds of parts in each van.
3. Producing professional looking invoices, forms, quotes etc. in AroFlo is extremely difficult even if AroFlo themselves are engaged to produce RTF layouts it appears to be very restricted in what it is able to accomplish.
4. AroFlo insist on constantly tweaking layouts and moving things around. Sometimes it feels like everytime you open it up you have to relearn where things are. Stop changing things constantly AroFlo!

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review our product we will pass on your feedback on to development

7.0/10

Velocity Electrical

Reviewed on 3/29/2017

From day 1 Aroflo changed my life and the way I conducted business in amazing ways. Paper was thrown out and all procedures were systemised and streamlined. Costs were identified and cut and the staff loved it. I had thoroughly investigated the competitors and cannot speak more highly of Aroflo.
I now live overseas for 6-8 months per year with my core operation more profitable than ever and starting multiple businesses as a result of this product. Please feel free to contact me for more info.
LOVE IT !

Pros

Start-to-finish job management record hours, materials, expenses and notes against tasks
Centralised dashboard view all tasks in `real time
Complete field mobility run your business remotely
Power scheduling calendar manage and assign staff to jobs from any location
Powerful and easy-to-use job estimating software instantly and accurately quote on-site
Real time invoicing immediately turn jobs into invoices, even out on the job
Accounting integration combine AroFlo with Xero, MYOB, Reckon, QuickBooks and SAASU
Purchase orders and stock control place orders from the field or office
Order direct from suppliers with integrated online supplier catalogues
Electronically manage timesheets increase billable hours
Assign customised checklists to tasks for OH&S and compliance requirements
GPS tracking assign your closest field worker to urgent jobs
Attach documents and upload photos directly to tasks
Full contractor management and optional contractor access
Optional remote client access 24/7 interface for clients to register service calls
Dynamic report with up-to-date tracking of your business
User friendly interface designed for hand-held devices and big, grubby hands

Cons

The odd work around which usually get fixed in good time.

Translate with Google

The best all round solution for trade businesses

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

I have loved using Aroflo because it's made my life easier by having everything but our final accounting done through it. Having the guys timesheets, inventory, real time scheduling, reporting and compliance all kept within the one package has meant that running our business has become a smooth machine rather than the paper trail of double handling it used to be. We've been able to go completely paperless by using the system with 2 screens which has also been great. I was sold within the first year when we more than doubled our turnover just by billing out the time we were actually on site! We also receive payment on completion of all private jobs which means zero bad debts, all because we can see exactly what's going on in our business at all times. And last but not least, the support team at Aroflo are exceptional in their patience and effort at resolving any issues that arise which has been an absolute essential element of our experience using this system. Keep up the good work!

Pros

The scheduling was the biggest game changer for our business, just being able to colour code our tradies, move them around, swap jobs and see in real time where they are so that adjustments can be made quickly when jobs go quicker or slower than expected. The fact you can access Aroflo from any device with an internet connection is also such a good benefit

Cons

Back in 2011 when we set this up there was very little help with regards to setting up invoice and quote templates and that took a long time to get right at the outset and so delayed implementation considerably

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for your great review, things have come a long way since 2011 we are so happy AroFlo has made such a big change to the way you run your business

Tates review

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

Overall I am very happy with AroFlo, I am very picky about how everything is going to work which is this far working out well. However I do very much get the feeling that you only get out of AroFlo what you put in and in speaking to several people (non referral from you guys) I now know they are not seem aware they are not using the system optimally. Austlift for example we work with and spoke to, they have setup the system with only one business unit despite having outlets in most major Australian cities. The reason I know this is when we spoke to them, they complained that they couldn't tell which state the stock was in when looking in the system. Maybe calling clients once they are setup to ask them about issues would be advantageous to you guys so you can make sure there people are getting the most out of the system and therefore be happier with it.

Pros

The ability to customise the way most things operate, to adjust what AroFlo does around the business rather than the other way around. The layout is easy to understand and use. Customer support is great, being able to call and get an answer is the best feature, just getting an answer quick makes life so much easier. I also use the live chat quiet a bit for less complicated questions.

Cons

There is some areas of AroFlo that could be more automated or have the options to be. For example you already have an arrived on site checklist item most the time there should be an option for this to automatically change job status to 'in progress' as techs often seem to forget. Also the custom form being a bit smarter would be great, the ability to have the answer to questions alter the other questions asked later on or even change the default print layout.

Doing something about jobs with multiple order numbers would be great, we can be doing 7 services at the moment and each have a different order number, so we have to create 7 jobs. If there was a way AroFlo could manage this situation better it would save us a lot of time. Wether there was a easy way to clone task info or have multiple orders and invoices from one task.

Does the job

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Pros

Easy to collaborate and upload project information to share with other staff. Easy to track who has made changes to documents/email records.

Cons

Email integration is shaky and doesn't always send/receive. Recommended/requested improvements or reported errors are not often attended to.

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review our product.
We recently put significant resources into improving our email system within AroFlo and believe it's much more robust.
If you experience any new problems it would be most appreciated if you could report these issues via the AroFlo help menu, https://help.aroflo.com/display/office/Submit+a+Support+Request

AroFlo receive a significant number of requested improvements on a daily basis. Our management team process and collate these requests, prioritising based on severity, impact and popularity and allocate resources based on that process. Reported bugs are always investigated and actioned based on priority, high impact issues are always actioned ASAP. If you an issue that you consider high impact please contact our Customers Service team as a matter of urgency.

7.0/10

A League of its own in Job Management

Reviewed on 4/10/2017

Our business has been using AroFlo for 14 months and we are continually impressed with the enhancements that are being implemented or planned.
The ease of use and functionalities for both our office staff and field technicians enables our mobile business to capitalise on turning jobs around in shorter time periods from the initial log of jobs to invoicing.
The support of AroFlo staff was instrumental in the setup and training of the system and support has continued throughout our use of the system, including an informative monthly newsletter to update on installed and planned enhancements and useful tips.
After using a number of other job management systems, AroFlo stands out to be in a league of it's own and we are continually recommending the system to other trades and businesses.
We thank AroFlo for aiding our business in its success, as without the system, it would not be as well-oiled as it is today.

Pros

The whole package

Cons

You can't forward an email from the system showing it's original sent date. Currently having to take a screen shot and send from external email system

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 4/10/2017

Incorporating Aroflo into the business was one of the best business decisions we ever made. Productivity increased dramatically, spending leaks were captured and eliminated. All aspects of the business are able to work together cohesively and efficiently. We have been utilising Aroflo for years and every month we are still learning new parts of the system that can save the Company time and money.

Pros

Cloud based.
Syncs with MYOB
Encompasses most aspects of the business ie quoting, purchase orders, job management, timesheets etc
Can adjust levels based on different users.

Cons

The calendar function is quite difficult to use.

Pride Plumbing Melbourne

Reviewed on 3/30/2017

AroFlo has helped me to keep track of my jobs, the time I have spent on them and the materials I have used. This makes invoicing in the evening much quicker and easier than my old manual method.

I am much better organised now that my emails, notes and photos are saved against my jobs - where I can easily find them. Keeping track of larger projects that can span over months has become less stressful. I can quickly see what stage has already been invoiced, what is left to be invoiced and I don't forget to add any variation invoices to the project. It is handy that I can easily access my quotes and other information, while out in the field.

On holidays last month I went swimming with my mobile in my pocket. It was a relief to know that I hadn't lost all of my client contact details as everything is safely stored in AroFlo.

There is much less paper floating around my office since using AroFlo. I would say AroFlo is a real time saver.

Translate with Google

Aroflo's Flexibility its greatest selling point

Reviewed on 11/1/2018

But the easy of purchasing materials, and allocating costs to multiple cost centres within a project and the real-time tracking of all expenses make Aroflo a useful tool in our business that seamlessly integrates with our accounting software, providing a system of tracking and cross checking costs for our team, in the office and on site simultaneously.

Pros

The flexibility of the software to accommodate such a variety of business models and expectations, and the ability to update information as circumstances change means that costs be captured per task, per project, or per business unit, and materials amended should situations arise that require it. Invoicing can be as simple or as detailed as circumstances require, and reporting includes both standardised and custom reports.

Cons

However the reporting while comprehensive needs to be set up very particularly in the case of custom reports to ensure there are no items missed or duplicated.

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review our product and share the benefits you have experienced with AroFlo and your accounting integration.

AroFlo Review

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

We've been able to achieve a few key things in the short time we've been using AroFlo:
- Better communication. The Sales Team no longer have to wait on the phone to check job progresses, and our Service team no longer have to chase Sales for paperwork or plans!
- Easier access to previous jobs/attendances for our technicians. In the past we'd have techs at a job with no clear notes relating to the site. AroFlo has 100% fixed this! It is also easy to add new notes or photos
- We've come a handful of steps closer to paperless
- Our entire team has quickly embraced this and now runs with it like we have had it forever. This is a huge improvement on our previous provider, who we were still trying to figure out three years in
- The team at AroFlo have been immensely helpful and patient the whole way through. Special mention to rep who aided in the initial set up, put up with our questions and came up with smart solutions to some of our specific needs.

Pros

Being able to run a job from initial contact, to quote, to follow up, to booking and completion, by multiple different staff, all in the one platform. Soon we will even be operating our invoicing direct from AroFlo. This has massively improved our efficiency, time to sale, and inter-operabilty.

Cons

The Field interface does miss some key elements. While it's been condensed to operate on phones/tablets, I wonder if it could've been a little less condensed and still work.

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review our product and giving us a great thumbs up we are pleased we have been able to help your business

Translate with Google

Terrible customer service, terrible prehistoric browser based product that never evolves

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 5/14/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Do yourself a favour and avoid this product for the longevity of a business. The is nothing worse than investing all your time and effort to setup the product only to find out later it's limitations of which you told did not exist forcing you to continue on with the product until you can allocate funds and resources to make the jump to yet again another product.
You will find in the short term the product will do as you would expect if you've never used any cloud based products such as this, however, do your research as you'll soon find products that offer so much more for less or of the same value providing far better value for money.

For the record, we as a business have been using Aroflo since 2013. A product that hasn't evolved in the slightest since then.

Pros

I wish I could list a number of PRO's for this product, but unfortunately any that I list would be the same as any other product of similar nature on the market. It's a shame there isn't one area this product excels at allowing me to state specifically.

Cons

Customer service is terrible.
Don't get me wrong, those in the position to help do their best to help you....when they eventually return your support e-mail or call. Furthermore, even when you prove to them they have bugs, errors or the server the software is hosted on is unreliable, they completely deny any responsibility and throw it back at you as your problem, effectively treating you as if you have no idea what you're talking about.

- Server reliability is so sporadic. There are periods during the day where the connection drops as you go to save a quotation thus forcing you to completely re-write it or save it momentarily which resets your page back to the top rather than back to your work space. It can also have periods where it is completely slow.

- Forms and functionality of the forms is so limited and difficult to use that I've even had their support staff have to create forms EXTERNALLY to upload because they couldn't even achieve a result that is otherwise simple.

- Browser based product. It's 2018 and we have a product that is slow and limited to all the issues that are presented when bound by a browser. There is no true offline mode. The software relies on you to take note when your signal drops out and select the offline mode for it to work which is unrealistic in field
service and a prehistoric method of doing things.

- Price point is on par with other products, but functionality and limitations along with all their bugs suggests the value for money is not there.

- Updates. A real pet hate for our business is having a product who's functionality and design changes so dramatically without notification. Menu's get relocated, colour scheme's change on you forcing you to change them back manually and a magnitude of other changes are made over night forcing you to find out where they've been made and what you have to instruct your staff to do differently before they start operating.

- Mobile optimization is near on non existent. The field app functions and operates as it should, however, the office login is not optimized what so ever meaning you cannot even do a quotation through it along with operating your business on the fly; everything is forced through the field login.

2.0/10
Translate with Google

For the most part very good

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

We use it for a property and access management tool. It may not be as it was intended but we have been able to make it work for us thanks to your customer support.

Pros

Ease of use to track project progress. As a manager I can check on the team's progress.

Cons

Invoicing isn't straightforward and the integration with Xero isn't as clean as it should be. The invoices take a while to get done.

When the invoices go into Xero they change the format and we can't use our auto reminder feature to send out a new invoice as it doesn't match the format of the original. Very time consuming.

Financial reporting isn't great and we have a terrible time doing WIP.

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review our product.
We have several upcoming webinars scheduled to assist users with different areas of our system.
AroFlo Advanced Reporting may be of interest, check it out here https://aroflo.com/webinars/

Aroflo feedback

Reviewed on 4/13/2017

From my first experience with Aroflo some nearly 3 years ago I have nothing but praise for the team. Being from the sales department right through to the customer support team. If we have an issue, we can normally reach the team on the first call. On the odd occasion when I can, I email support and receive a response on the very same day. The team is very polite and in the main very knowledgeable. I have been working with two companies that I have brought on board and about to have a 3rd sign up in the near future. The two businesses who are using Aroflo (one for nearly 3 years, and the 2nd for 9 months) are very happy with the improvements in their business. This is both with the efficiencies and profitability.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility

Cons

The way it handles the invoicing in regards to ex and inc gst

Very Customisable Job Management Software

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Instant update of jobs at our finger tips is vital in our business and is achieved through Aroflo.

Pros

Online chat support is great with limited to no wait time. Software is customisable to suit all different work types for our business. Practicality is great with automatic import of supplier invoices and work orders.

Cons

Emails get bounced/blocked with the notification address and there is no alert sent to us in a timely manner and occasional never. Aroflo can run slow at times, separate to our internet speed. Some report filter functions are not flexible enough.

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review AroFlo.

Translate with Google

Raving Aroflo fan New Zealand!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017

Just like to drop you a note to say the Aroflo has some raving fans here at Flow industries.

We love the way Aroflo just keeps getting better.
From time to time we do still look at other job management systems developments.
I can confirm that over 3 years and 5558 Jobs later Aroflo is still ontop.

Thanks to the team at Aroflo for taking pain out of daily operation.

Pros

The flexibility of being able to customise ourselves and the ability to be able to capture all content regarding the task and recall it from anywhere at anytime.

Aroflo

Reviewed on 10/30/2018

Overall i would say our overall experience has been positive and it has enabled our staff to become far more efficient.

Pros

The ability to talk to a PERSON when we need help
Ability for the staff in the field to access documents and jobs as required, ease of interface with Xero.

Cons

The need to go day by day when filling in public holidays or leave in a timesheet - there is no option for management to use a bulk entry

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We're pleased to hear our system has improved the efficiency within your business.

Aroflo - less than average

Reviewed on 4/12/2017
Review Source

Pros

The concept is good, it would be great if Aroflo could smoothly achieve all the functions offered and the software wasn't so problematic and onerous to use.

Cons

Everything about the delivery
Sales and support teams claims about Aroflos capabilities are questionable and less than forthright
High implementation costs and resource requirements for set up
Doesn't fully integrate with Xero, Aroflo are aware of this however still haven't highlighted this on their website
No refunds if Aroflo doesn't meet your requirements, Aroflo will say this is due to high training costs
No option to trial Aroflo, in hindsight this should ring alarm bells

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for your anonymous review. If we could identify your AroFlo account I’m sure we could have addressed some of the issues you have raised.

AroFlo has a huge range of capabilities so we can’t cover every aspect of the system in our sales demos. We can only focus on things that are brought to our attention by the client during the demonstration.

If a specific business requirement is raised that our system can’t address, we’re always 100% honest about it and don’t make any false promises. It’s counterproductive to sell our system to unsuitable clients as we have no lock-in contracts so clients can cancel at any time. We do actually offer a trial of our software but our preference is to always take prospective clients through the software first as it is incredibly feature rich.

AroFlo does fully integrate with Xero but I believe you referring to our system’s previous inability to handle supplier credits. This enhancement has now been released and more information can be viewed here https://tinyurl.com/y88bv99j.

Further clarification on our Xero integration and a table outlining the data we push and pull between the two systems can be viewed at http://aroflo.com/features/xero-integration/

0.0/10

Changed my business

Reviewed on 10/3/2018

I have now rolled this platform out in three of my businesses and definitely converted many of my trades based colleagues

Pros

Web based allowing us to access our information easily on any device. Simple to use for field users but very powerful in the office.

Cons

Rapidly growing and often new functions or interfaces are not well resolved before launching

Response from AroFlo

Thanks for your feedback Jav, we are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying AroFlo and happily converting your colleagues.

Translate with Google

Couldn't even get started- Looks cheap, but its not.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017

Im highly computer literate, I looked at the blurb and had the phone conversation with Aroflo

After I had signed up, I found Aroflo to be so difficult to start that I looked for a training company. Aroflo were anything but helpful in this arena.

I found the ONLY company that sets up and trains in Aroflo in Australia (I should have stopped then), I invested four thousand dollars on training, plus my own time stopping the business, only to be told that I have a complex business and need to spend many thousands over 20k more just to get started.
I saw the system fall over in training on many occasion, I felt sorry for the trainer having to try to make excuses for why the software was so flaky.

Unfortunately I think I will pull up stumps and pay for Orbis Pro or something that has their product together. Very disappointing outcome Aroflo.

Good luck attracting any small business with this type of support, they will go bankrupt before sending an invoice!

This "CHEAP" option comes with absolutely no support, and rather dubious system stability.

Pros

This software has all the hallmarks of a unique and forward looking product

Cons

No support. Flaky cloud server, dropped out many times in training

Response from AroFlo

Alex, thanks for sharing your experiences with AroFlo. I¿ve been in touch with your Account Manager who informed me that since writing your review you spoke with him and decided to stick with AroFlo which is great to hear. Just to clarify one point, we do have AroFlo implementation experts in every state but Kappa Business Solutions is definitely the most experienced which is why we directed Rebecca your way. Your set design business is incredibly unique and a far cry from our usual client business model which is why we recommended Rebecca. Her AroFlo knowledge is huge and she specialises in making the system work for unique businesses. Most clients can get our system up and running with our standard online training and support but sometimes clients need extra assistance. We apologise for the disruptions to the system during your training but we were making infrastructure improvements at the time. You can always refer to https://status.aroflo.com/ for our latest system updates.

0.0/10

Outstanding!!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017

A solid framework of options and layout all of which can be completely customised to your specific needs. An excellent program backed up by fantastic customer support. Never ceases to amaze me - A very powerful tool and is now a crucial part of the business from service managing, maintenance scheduling, quoting, to inventory management, and all the way through to invoicing, AroFlo has got all the bases covered. As a refrigeration service company we have looked everywhere for the right program and AroFlo had delivered beyond expectation. Highly recommended.

Pros

Endless Customisation options
Excellent Customer support
Reasonably priced
Saves time
Saves money
A multitude of data stored in system and easy to access

Cons

Need task types to have default task sheet templates linked to them (Suggestion)

AroFlo use

Reviewed on 11/2/2018

we are much more able to keep track of past and present tasks. with the document storage , our field users can access anything they may require for different sites, from JSA's to certification documents or even ID cards.

Pros

it keeps everything in order and at your fingertips

Cons

it can sometimes take a while to navigate to what you want.

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

Air Con - Service Manager

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

Brilliant product, love being able to work anywre anytime.

Pros

Flexibility and constant improvement in the softwares capabilities.

Cons

NO Field access to pending approval quotes or previois task history, this has been a problem since day 1 approx 8 years ago.

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review our product we will pass on your feedback to development

Electric Air

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

Pros

It runs all our jobs paperless, smoothly and efficiently.

Cons

Not being able to add discount to quotes. This is the MOST frustrating. I do a lot of quotes and have to change all the cost to sell price and the mark up - x % in order to show discount. This take a lot of time!!
Not being able to copy quotes when the same items/service is quoted every 6 months.

AroFlo Review

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

Very satisfied and would definitely recommend using them

Pros

Very easy to use and very realiable. Reporting allows you to see weekly revenues with ease.

Cons

Not being able to create custom fields with the same name as previously archived custom fields

Response from AroFlo

Thank you for taking the time to review our product

Aroflo is Excellent

Reviewed on 3/30/2017

I have been using Aroflo for 13 years .I can highly recommend this product to anyone . I absolutely love it . They are constantly improving it all the time. I wouldnt be where i am right now without it.

Pros

It simpliifies all processes so they simply happen behind the scenes.

Cons

I dont have anything that i dislike.