Workplace by Facebook Reviews

Workplace by Facebook

Secure enterprise social networking & communication platform

4.4/5 (238 reviews)

Bizarro Facebook

Reviewed on 10/8/2018

What if Facebook was streamlined to essentials and free of excessive fat? That's Workplace.

For a long time Facebook was a leisure outlet on the workplace - the one for wasting time and getting lost in-between tasks. With Workplace the dynamics had flipped and now it is a legitimate productivity tool where you can chat with your colleagues, exchange ideas, drop some stuff and discuss serious matters without distracting yourself to everything else in your newsfeed.

Pros

Workplace combines the best features of Facebook, Slack and Basecamp and makes a case of a private social media application designed for productive communication and not time wasting.
It works really well as a company's general newsfeed and it allows to bond the collective in a more easy-going and informal manner.
On one hand, Workplace is a perfect working environment for human resources - streamlined, self-contained and direct. It really helps to establish solid internal Employer Branding and keep every member of the team on the same page. There are numerous features that allow various temperature checks of the teams via polls, discussions, etc. On the other hand, Workplace is a really good fit for onboarding of the new team members.

Cons

Since this is a Facebook product - there are certain concerns over privacy. When it comes to sharing some sensitive data - actions often proceed in a more trusted environments.
On the other hand, there is just too much of the stuff to do. The novelty of "Facebook but for work" wears off pretty fast and it makes Workplace more of a gimmick tool than an actual productivity tool.
As it often happen with Facebook newsfeed - it might get crowded and cluttered after a while, especially if the activity is relatively high. Aside from project related groups - it is often nothing more than a link dumpster.

Translate with Google

No training needed... everybody knows Facebook!

Reviewed on 7/10/2018

Facebook for the office (i.e., via Workplace) has helped our company in terms of community and culture building, communication, collaboration, keeping up to date with the happenings across different departments and teams, messaging via direct chat, group chat, audio, video calls... there's a ton of features that make this a really worth it investment for any company big or small.

Pros

Almost everyone (except the rather super senior employees) have been using Facebook social media app... They know how it works, its functionalities, and benefits for keeping in touch with the people that matter to them... now, we have exactly the same app.. for use in the office workplace. Therefore, no training needed. Everyone on-board right away.

Workplace replaced many of our internal apps (repositories, messaging, collaboration portal, etc). We now use workplace for community building, direct and group/project messaging, sharing of files, photos, and updates, audio and video calls, and live streaming of office events (which also serve as a recording device for late viewing).

Everything you love about social Facebook, now available for exclusive work and office use.

Cons

Data security is and will always be a concern for the modern digital man. Although we know that this is a paid service, hence the data is supposed to be private and secure because it is not meant to be used for ads, and what not... Security, especially of recent, is always a big question mark and concern.

Translate with Google

The Facebook app that is meant for work and productivity (not for wasting time)

Reviewed on 8/10/2018

Facebook as a social platform has matured a lot, with so many features available for communication and collaboration. It's no wonder why billions of people use it. Now, these same features are made available for our professional work. It's fantastic!

Pros

I used Workplace when I volunteered on a project c/o a non-for-profit organization. We used it primarily as a Project Management tool to keep everyone in the loop for project planning, collaboration, execution, monitoring, and getting instant feedback.

I have a personal Facebook account, and Workplace works in exactly the same way. We created Groups for our project teams. From there we could share files, make posts, create a common calendar, etc. What I loved the most is the use of the chat app for IM, voice and video calls. The live streaming is fantastic as well because we were able to cover our event, stream it live and keep a recording of it for future use.

Cons

For some of my teammates, they did not want the idea of having to maintain and look at two accounts (one personal/social and the other for work). Not sure if there is a way to connect the two accounts so that some of the posts/etc may be in sync.

The mobile app is a bit clunky and updates quite often. I hope they create a "Lite" version similar to the Facebook app (esp for lighter data consumption and light on the smartphone requirements).

Facebook for the office!

Reviewed on 4/2/2018

All the features of a personal Facebook account are now available for office use!

Communication - best for instant messaging, voice and video calls, even live-streaming of our events. Company-wide announcements are now easy to post and even track who's viewed each post. Notifications via email are also helpful to remind 'inactive' people to log-in to Workplace and keep updated via posts and their wall.

Collaboration - we can easily create groups as shared workspaces for project work.

Culture-building - since we used this app, we experienced an increase in employee engagement. People started sharing all kinds of stuff (mostly work related, but sometimes even non-work-related like outings, birthdays, etc).

Pros

Workplace is like a clone of Facebook. And since almost everyone in the office has a personal Facebook account, there is very little (to none) on-boarding needed to deploy this app into our entire organization.

We are a non-profit organization and so the best part of this is that Facebook offered this product to us Free of charge!

All the features of Facebook work great for office use (e.g., creating groups, instant messaging, video and calls, sharing pictures, videos and files)

Workplace also allows us to connect with external vendors who have Workplace in their companies. Works great for project implementations.

Cons

This is cloud-based and all data is stored on Facebook servers in the cloud. If you are wary of Data Privacy, just make sure to review the privacy notice, and terms of use.

Translate with Google

My company used Facebook Workplace for a bit before we switched over to Slack + Basecamp.

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

Pros

The Workplace features and functionalities are what I like best because they're more unique than other programs. I've used Slack which I've seen vastly improve company communication (in terms of speediness + efficiency) and company culture (due to GIFs and groups)... I've used Basecamp which has incredibly improved project management + clarity. Workplace, though, is specifically good for onboarding and training. I love the poll feature, too, and I haven't seen that used in other programs. However, the poll feature should be used for strictly non-emotional topics. I've used it to get my team to choose a preference in a date or a time or a food option. It shouldn't be used for diverse or political topics.

Run polls in Groups to get a quick pulse on company issues
Use Workplace Chat bots to make payroll, benefits or onboarding processes quicker and easier
Share Live Videos, webinars and articles for more efficient training
Connect new hires to the team (and each other) using Multi-Company Groups
Recognise employees quickly and easily in News Feed with a simple Reaction or even a GIF

Cons

I think because Workplace is a Facebook product companies are less likely to invest in it for company culture / communication due to Facebook's social media nature which doesn't scream 'productivity' to corporate higher-ups. Also, the data security issues happening right now al make companies trust Facebook less especially because Workplace is for business.

5.0/10

Useful and fun to use.

Reviewed on 9/26/2018

Workplace makes my everyday job feels more like an easy-going stress free experience. I think every company should try it out; it is a great way to get to know the people you work with, interact with them, and team up efficiently.

Pros

This is not the first social network focused on a Company's Business, but Facebook being behind Workplace surely makes it one of the highest grossing Enterprise-Driven Networks right now.

The Interface is friendly and as expected, quite similar to Facebook, for not saying identical. It has its obvious differences when it comes to certain features that are more adapted to a Professional environment.

The best description to the positive assets that I can give to Workplace is that it is a fun way to get to know the employees of the company you work for, you might find people with the same interests, share funny jokes, videos, photos, statuses, create and join groups, etc.

You can create events to invite your co-workers, or even schedule meetings and endeavors that are more related to your company’s main goals.

It is easy to use, and if you are a Facebook user you will feel at home.

Cons

Just like in Facebook, the main App and the Messenger are separate softwares.

Sometimes you might get overloaded by notification's mails on your inbox.

Depending on the company's size, some features might become confusing when working at a big Enterprise, such as having too many groups to choose from with similar goals/topics.

Translate with Google

My organization is now a community courtesy Workplace.

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

Pros

Workplace chat - Workplace Chat has a simple and familiar interface like what's obtainable with Facebook messenger. It enable me communicate with my colleagues with ease ,while making use of stickers ,emoji and gifs to spice up my conversations with my work peers. It also enable me to create polls, exchange video clips or share gps location with my team members ,when I am outside the office environment.

Groups - Workplace group is similar to Facebook groups , however this time , they serve as collaborative spaces where office tasks ,and projects get done. Workplace group makes it easy to share files in a secure environment , tag team members , get feedback and assign tasks.

Org chart - There are over 5000 users on my organizations Workplace. Therefore it can be an hideous task, having to search for team members working on a particular project or staffs in a particular department. Org Chart solves this problem by making it easy for me to quickly search up individual user profiles and team info. , therefore making me expend way less time trying to find out who to contact.

Cons

I have sometime lost track of what I needed to do ,and expended precious time reading official posts and trending gossips on Workplace.

Translate with Google

Every medium/large organization should use this.

Reviewed on 7/3/2018

Pros

I like the sense of familiarity which comes with workplace because of its close similarity to Facebook in functionality and aesthetics.
The ability to collaborate and communicate with every employee in my organization in locations across the world without necessarily having met them physically is priceless.
Workplace makes it possible to do everything I have done on Facebook for years ,but this time within my organization.I can create posts ,share photos of team meetings, communicate with members of my marketing team via groups, organize conference meetings and even stream conference meetings in high definition to other non-physically present colleagues on Workplace via Bluestream.

Cons

With workplace there is always the possibility of over indulging and loosing track of what tasks needs to be done.As there is always something interesting to read or a post thread to follow.What else do you expect when multitudes in an organization engage online?

Translate with Google

Improves the communication workflow in my organization.

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Pros

It has a short learning curve as it is very similar with Facebook social network ,and has an almost identical user interface and functionality. It integrates efficiently with some of our regularly used third party solutions at work like Azure ,Bluejeans and Okta.

Cons

I dislike that I am only able to access Facebook workplace via a VPN at work ,and also I see very little difference between Facebook social network and Facebook workplace and honestly , Facebook social will easily replace this program in any organization. So I wonder why we have to pay to use Facebook workplace premium ,when we can access most of the features for free on Facebook social.

Translate with Google

It's like facebook, only on a professional level

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

We use it at our agency every day. Facebook's problems seem to be Workplace's problems: when many people post per day, it's hard too see all status updates. So you become stuck with 2 endless feeds of posts from people. Otherwise, it's better than Slack in my book, for what I use it for - infrequent status updates.

Pros

- Easy to get started: If you use/love Facebook, you'll use/love this.
- Lots of privacy features: You can follow people, not use a picture, only join certain groups - feels more private than regular Facebook.
- Feels snappier: I don't know if it's because we only use it for about 40 people, but the overall desktop experience feels faster than Facebook, which is a plus in my book.

Cons

- Endless feed of updates from colleagues, same as with regular facebook.
- A lot of features from regular Facebook aren't present in Workplace - yet.
- Groups can be addictive to join, but also hard to manage.

7.0/10

Great Tool for Collaboration and Communication

Reviewed on 2/19/2018

It's a great improvement from our old chat software. With our old software, you could only message coworkers who were online. Therefore, someone could be in the office but because they aren't signed into the software they won't get your message. Workplace is great because you can message anyone you need to regardless of their online status. In addition, there's a desktop chat app that you can download so you can make sure you're always receiving any messages coworkers send you without having to log into the website.

Pros

Workplace is essentially the same setup as Facebook. The benefit to this is that since most people already have their own personal Facebook accounts, there isn't much of a learning curve when implementing this software at work. The chat is also a great feature because you an instantly private message a coworker or start a group chat with people you're working on a project with. Lastly, I like the ability to create groups because then you can share certain documents or articles with specified groups of colleagues.

Cons

One of the biggest issues with this software is that a lot of older coworkers refuse to use it since they don't have their own personal Facebook accounts and therefore don't know how to use the program. As a result, workplace by facebook is also helpful if other coworkers are willing to adopt the software. Secondly, while workplace can help with productivity it can also hurt it. If you don't monitor what content or photos people are posting people can quickly turn it into regular Facebook making the software a time sink and a site workers will visit for distractions.

Translate with Google

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's nice!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 12/8/2018
Review Source

Pros

I'm so used to the constant blaring of regular Facebook that a quiet, professional Facebook is very odd. My publishing house set up a Workplace for us to have a private area to post our beta reading items, discuss upcoming anthologies, and things of that nature. It's easy to use because it is basically a private Facebook, but there are still some features missing- which is honestly a good thing. It's built for business networks and geared towards work collaborations, and you can tell when you log on and see the pared down system. It cuts the chatter, ads, distractions, and frankly... messiness down to zilch. It's definitely growing on me.

Cons

So far I haven't really found any, as I haven't used it enough yet. However, our publisher says that the free version is pretty limited admin-wise, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why would a business have a network that they couldn't admin, especially with other networks out there that enable private business networks in the same vein that allow adminning your own team? Just seems a bit odd, is all. From a user standpoint, it looks great and smooth. From the admin standpoint, it seems there's a bit to be desired still.

6.0/10
Translate with Google

A modern tool for internal communication and transparency.

Reviewed on 7/24/2018
Review Source

Pros

Very easy to use UI and short learning curve for employees (since it's built the same way Facebook was built). I often describe it to others as 'Facebook, without all the ads'. Its sole focus is on group functionality so it's great for cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing.

We use the Live video functionality often which is great for global participation and alignment.

Cons

Notifications can sometimes get lost if you're subscribed to a lot of groups. A weekly digest of things you were mentioned or tagged in, would be helpful.

The chat system isn't very modern and lacks integrations so we use an external software (Slack) for internal chat communication and workflow.

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 5/30/2018

We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc It

Pros

With workplace i created a network of work with my colleagues and we kept in touch with each other, this has greatly improved our team work and our professional performance and super easy to communicate/coordinate projects with coworkers. I love you can create groups of just certain people. Creating events is also great for when you have meetings, etc.

Cons

As of this time that I am using Workplace, I really do not see a thing that I do not like or need. All features are useful to our institution. It has become an aggregator to projects, project management tools are quite lacking in the application

No training needed!

Reviewed on 6/29/2018

Facebook features for connecting people is now a platform available for our office. We use this to communicate (internal comms as well as inter-company to vendors who use Workplace), and we also use this to build a strong collaborative culture within our company. Everybody knows how to use FB, so no/to minimal training needed for deployment.

Pros

(Almost) everyone uses Facebook for personal/social functions... Why not use it for the office?

Imagine everything you do in FB (messaging, sharing files and photos, voice and video calling, groups, etc) can now be done within an almost exact copy but limited to official/office function! Best for culture building for any company, as well as inter-company communications.

Cons

Data privacy is still a question mark... although, there are no ads here, I don't think FB will be using our data for other channels of revenue...

Translate with Google

A fun way to know your colleagues

Reviewed on 9/12/2018

I really like Workplace for what it is, a fun, engaging platform.

Pros

It's not revolutionary or anything, but it uses the interface of a social network, with corporate features. We use it in my business, and everyone likes it. It is also easy to use because everyone in the company has a Facebook. For this reason, the setup was easy, and everyone was on board fairly quickly.

We still use it to this day. I learned to know many colleagues on this platform.

Cons

It's not the most complete software ever. We use it for fun. Also, we know that it's secured, but some people became worried that maybe it wasn't that safe and stopped using it.

Translate with Google

Amazing! Collaborative! And fun!

Reviewed on 3/1/2018

Getting teams across the world and people who work in remote field offices to start to engage better.

Pros

It is Facebook for work - so I see so much engagement across our various global teams - we are starting to share work things with people, we have actually used the collaboration function to create documents together, and I get to see pictures from others - really, it's all the great things Facebook is for work!

Cons

Signing in for companies is more difficult - and I think its hard if we are also not all on the same work domain - so for example, care.org people are on but care.ca people can't get on. And I wonder what limitations those are caused by.

Translate with Google

Workplace provides office communication in a fun way, the Facebook way

Reviewed on 6/27/2018

Pros

What do you like most about this software?What I like about this software is that it allows everyone to share their ideas with the help of posting or commenting. Making a poll is also easy for everyone. This software is so easy to use since it is patterned to Facebook which most of us use. Inter-company interaction is also possible if both companies are using Workplace

Cons

This software is delivering to its promise and design. I can't find anything wrong with it
or even say that this software lacks a feature. Maybe a project management feature
would be a great plus in the future

Translate with Google

In terms of reports and discussions of certain matters, Workplace aids and helps our institution.

Reviewed on 5/8/2018

The Workplace provides tools to institutions or groups of people where they can communicate discussions of a certain topic or matters. The Workplace also serves as their repository of notes, updates, developments and even files of a certain discussion.

Pros

I am fascinated by the tools it provides the users in creating groups for certain topics and discussions. Also the features of attaching files that are relevant and useful to a certain discussion. And also I like the notification feature of Workplace for the members of the group whenever there are posts and developments in the a topic. The search feature is also helpful to the users.

Awesome Way to Connect with Employees

Reviewed on 8/22/2018

It's a fantastic tool to help improve communication clarity and efficiency.

Pros

Facebook is the main social platform for the majority of our audience, so it just seemed like a natural fit to use workplace withing the company. It's easy to use for everyone because everyone knows Facebook. The layout is nearly identical to it's social version, so we all picked it up quick. Staying in touch with other departments has never been easier or more intuitive. For me particularly, it's great because I also take care of our social platforms. It's a seamless transition from connecting with distributors and connecting with employees.

Cons

If you're looking for a more in-depth program (i.e., for project management, time management etc), Workplace probably isn't the best fit. It's pretty much just Facebook, but meant for use within the company.

Translate with Google

We utilize facebook workplace for inter-departmental communication.

Reviewed on 4/30/2018

Pros

I love the ability to place all internal communications into one location. It makes finding the information even easier since it lives on the page you posted to. Its also a great tool to call/message other employees who you may not know personally or have their contact information. We have used it to post critical information and get it to our staff in a quick and timely manner. It is also easy for most people to grasp how to use since it looks and feels like facebook.

Cons

I wish there were more ways to decide what type of notifications you receive. I also do not like that you need to download the messaging app (like facebook) separate from the actual app.

Adds a layer of

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Pros

Is the ultimate channel for cross-departmental and flat hierarchical communication. Connects the whole organization with tools that are intuitive and familiar for existing FB users. Helps users communicate, plan meets, share interests and turn ideas into action. Allows you to link events to your Google Calendar. Secure and safe.

Cons

Because of the look and feel, people forget that the software is for WORK. This sometimes means that users treat it like a social platform instead of a work communication platform.

Translate with Google

News is fast and easy within the workplace!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018

Pros

My manager would post status letting us know when department meetings would take place, also post things like employee of the month and stats for the periods. It is very helpful as its based from my person Facebook page so I don't have to create any new accounts to access.

Cons

Since it is tied with my personal Facebook, sometimes I would miss updates if we were not personal invited on the update itself. Fortunately, you are able to place alerts on the Workplace account that sends an alert whenever a update is posted.

Amazing collaboration tool!

Reviewed on 3/31/2018
Review Source

Pros

My company just started using this tool a little less than a year ago and it has really created a more collaborative environment for the company. We have combined weekly email updates and just uploaded them onto Workplace. People also can add pictures just like Facebook to their profile and it really helps you to get to know people better. You can also post small wins for your team so that co-workers can see it. You can also create groups for different locations, teams, etc. and post events and updates based on those specifications.

Cons

One issue is with the chat feature. On our old tool, you could see if someone was away or in a meeting and then you would know not to message them, but with this tool, you cannot do that. It is just hard to know if someone may have read your message or not.

Translate with Google

Connects me with coworkers across the globe seamlessly

Reviewed on 7/18/2018

Instead of needing several products, Workplace fulfills the needs of those. I no longer need to have skype or any other video calling app nor do I need a chat app. Workplace has both and more.

Pros

I like how feature filled this site is. It has everything I need from the ability to create groups to video chatting or calling a coworker all from one site. I have coworkers on the other side of the country and in other countries and workplace makes it easy to connect with them.

Cons

I took a star off due to the design. The site is well designed, but I personally don't find it nice to look at. It's very bland like Facebook but that's to be expected. It's Facebook but for the workplace.