AvidXchange Reviews

AvidXchange

Accounts payable & payment automation solution

4.6/5 (18 reviews)
Translate with Google

I have been using Avid for about 4 years to review and approve various departmental invoices.

Reviewed on 7/26/2018

Pros

I like that it is easy to find invoices already in the system. I can search by vendor name or invoice number and the invoice and it's history will be retrieved right away.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that once the invoice has been approved and batched to be paid on a certain date, there really is no way for you to know if the check has been cut or sent until the accounts payable department manually updates each invoice with it's check image and number. Wish there was a way for it to be automatically added to Avid and where you can check on the status right away.

Response from AvidXchange

Thank you for the review! Great to see that we're helping your AP process be more efficient.

I would love to learn more about the challenges you're having with check payments so we can make sure our product team is aware. Please feel free to reach out. Thank you!

Translate with Google

Very helpful and seemed like the most efficient and provided the most ways to obtain info.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017

Efficiency, workflow and fraud control, reduced data entry, centralized invoice processing and accuracy.

Pros

Customer service, efficiency, data retainage, ease of finding invoices for vendors and auditors, fraud protection and frequent updates to correct any bugs that are found in the system.

Cons

That utility cutoff notices are placed in the statement queue and that you are not able to look up avengers invoice by the account number.

Response from AvidXchange

Hi Tonya,

Thanks for the great review!

I will pass on your feedback to our Utility team.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me personally: [email protected]

Thanks again!

Translate with Google

AvidXchange helps us get our vendors paid quickly

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

I really appreciate the fact that there is no longer paper invoices floating around the office & potentially getting lost on someone's desk.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was an easy way to import from a .csv file.

Translate with Google

Avid Exchange has completely streamlined our AP process.

Reviewed on 7/19/2018

Improved AP workflow, all automated and no more paper!

Pros

The software is easy to use and the support is top notch. Once the workflows are setup invoices move seamlessly through the approval process.

Cons

My only gripe would be on the Avid Pay module. Would love to see them offer for payments to be paid via ACH rather than just virtual card or check.

Translate with Google

Awesome for invoice tracking and AP

Reviewed on 10/17/2018

Pros

Very easy to set up and use, great customer service. Quick and easy to learn.

Cons

Indexers. Invisible trolls that come with the software who go in, pull the invoices and assign them where they want, so there may be invoices in random queues that are paid late, unless you check the random queues often.

Translate with Google

We use AvidXchange for invoice processing and purchase orders.

Reviewed on 3/1/2018

Pros

We love how AvidXchange automates invoice processing and saves us a lot of manual work hours. It is relatively easy to maintain, customer service has been great, and has been a win for our organization.

Cons

The purchase order system is not an exact fit for how we wanted to use it but I think that's more a factor of how our organization is set up, not a sleight against AvidXchange.

Avid through KeyBank

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 8/29/2018

We have had Avid for a little over a year now and are steadily increasing the invoices that we are sending through the program. Due to our business we cannot currently send all of our invoices through the system. They did a great job of working through our problems at the beginning with respect to uploading and downloading data to and from QuickBooks. Great implementation team and customer service who respond quickly to problems.

Pros

The single platform that allows us to process and pay invoices with one login

Cons

Had functional flow issues when logging on that have since implementation been fixed.

Translate with Google

We use avid to track ap invoices and cut payments to vendors.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017

Pros

Super intuitive system. Easy to learn and the functionality is great. I have not had any contact with customer support because it is easy to use.

Cons

We had a couple of glitches in the implementation of the software that support has a hard time fixing because of the sheer amount we were putting into the system.

Response from AvidXchange

Hi Tommy - Thanks for leaving such a nice review! Glad that you're loving the simplicity.

If you have a few minutes to spare, would you be so kind and email me a few details about the implementation issues that you are experiencing? We're always trying to get better, so would love to hear from you. i can be reached directly billking [at] avidxchange.com.

Thanks a bunch!

Slow moving AP system

Reviewed on 12/4/2018

Unless they change their processes significantly, it would be hard for me to recommend or go back to them. We no longer use their solution because of all of the issues we've had.

Pros

Using the software was easy enough to get by, but was lacking in many areas.

Cons

Avid had a work around on working with Sage Intacct that was difficult and would often mess up. It would take anywhere from 3-5 weeks for our vendors to receive payment once the total approval and Sage Intacct processes were completed. If a check was lost or went missing, you would have to call or send an email to request a stop payment. It would often take up to a week to receive a response that they were completing the stop payment, and when a check is lost you want the payment stopped immediately. It was very hard to get someone to actually respond to you. We had more problems then solutions with the software.

1.0/10

AP Automation

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 11/22/2018

Pros

There are so many powerful features of AvidXChange. It is important to first note that this tool is 50% software, 50% service. I love the fact that you don't have to even receive AP invoices to your office. They can be sent to Avid's location to a PO Box reserved just for your company. This allows users to simply open up their Avid Portal (or accounting system if integrated) and see their invoices, code them, approve them and pay them.
Next, Avid Pay allows authorized users to approve a pay invoices. The Avid Pay allows vendors to be paid in a the format they want to be (check, ACH, or virtual card). Avid works on this with your vendors, so you just have to focus on running your business.

Cons

I'd like to be able to process international payments through Avid, but for now this tool already provides great efficiencies in a business.

Translate with Google

We use Avid for invoice processing.

Reviewed on 4/30/2018

Pros

The ability for volunteers and staff members have access to submit reimbursement requests is very helpful. Vendors also send their invoices to AvidXchange and the Avid processors extract the data from the invoices and reimbursement requests. Very helpful for our company.

Cons

I feel sometimes the processors are in a hurry and mistype a vendor name or a campus location which creates an error on our end that we have to correct.

Translate with Google

I submit reimbursement requests through Avid as a volunteer of Elevation Church.

Reviewed on 5/24/2018

Pros

I love the ability to submit reimbursement electronically and that when a request is submitted correctly, I receive a confirmation email to know that it was accepted.

Cons

I wish Avid had the ability to accept requests in .jpg format instead of just PDF but it is not a huge issue.

Translate with Google

I use Avid to submit reimbursement forms.

Reviewed on 5/8/2018

Pros

I love the ability to track the status of a reimbursement and see where it is within the approval process.

Cons

Avid is particular in the type of document attached that they accept. It has to be a PDF under 5MB which is hard when we have so many people submit reimbursements to Avid.

Translate with Google

Saw this demo at a tradeshow and saw many benefits

Reviewed on 3/23/2018

Pros

This is an excellent AP system that automates the process for larger businesses to cut down on a large percentage of paper and time that companies spend a lot of resources on.

Cons

The software works great. We are smaller so it's not really for us but as companies expand, they should not increase AP workforce; this is an alternative.

Translate with Google

AvidExchange has made it easy to submit reimbursements quickly to my finance department.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 5/2/2018

Smooth and quick turn around time for reimbursements.

Pros

Avid is quite easy to upload reimbursement forms and receipts to submit them for payment. If uploaded in the time frame required by my organization, I receive payment quickly and without issue.

Cons

When uploading photos, there is a limit to image size that can be attached. It requires me to download a smaller size or compress the receipt image to submit my request.

AvidXchange for Invoice Approval

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 10/24/2018

Pros

AvidXchange is excellent for tracking invoices through from entry to approval. The system allows for the creation of workflows to ensure invoices are being approved by appropriate individuals. Invoice approval information is retained historically, which allows for an audit trail that can be shared with auditors.

Cons

Sometimes the files to attach are too large so you have to cut them down or compress to get them to upload.

Translate with Google

Has the potential to be great.

Reviewed on 4/24/2018

All in one AP payment workfile.

Pros

I like that you can move your entire purchasing and AP functionality into one online portal. This allows ease of training to a lot of people.

Cons

They don't have the best relationships with a lot of ERP systems yet. They also don't understand the construction industry well.

Translate with Google

Fairly decent product that gets the job done

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 12/27/2017

Pros

It is fairly easy to use and the functionality is wide spread. I have not really contacted customer support for any issues yet

Cons

We had some issues during implementation which took longer than we would have liked. The partner who implemented was not fully aware of the setup process and that cost us some time.

Response from AvidXchange

Hi David - Thank you for taking the time to review AvidXchange. Glad to see you're enjoying the product, particularly the ease of use.

If you have a spare minute, I would love to pick your brain on how we can do even better in the future, especially how we can improve the implementation experience. I can be reached directly at BillKing [at] avidxchange.com.

Thanks again for the review!