SendPulse Reviews

SendPulse

Maximizing e-mail marketing open rates automatically

4.4/5 (74 reviews)
Translate with Google

SendPulse fits our needs for bulk mailing to our many thousands of readers of our magazine.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 4/25/2018

The ability to send thousands of emails in one go. It helps manage campaigns to all our subscribers readers.

We also get to use it to send messages to select smaller subgroups of our readers and subscribers or even our advertisers (in some cases).

Pros

The User Interface UI is fairly neat and tidy. The buttons and controls are fairly easy to figure out even without a walkthrough or guide.

The software allows you to send a huge number of emails (to clean email addresses) with ease.

They maintain a high level of integrity with regard to not sending spam (to protect themselves and yourself).

Their support staff are polite and pretty prompt in dealing with queries and complaints. They tend to offer solutions where possible.

(For example, we had a mailing list that we had built over several years which had older addresses which had lapsed and expired and changed. When we tried to launch a campaign to those addresses many bounced back and they shut down the campaign midway. Initially, we were disappointed and irritated but after getting to chat with the support team we were offered good advice on cleaning our list. )

Cons

It would be good to have an email cleaner built into the software rather than having to use an external service.

I hate to pay for anything but sometimes you have to. In the case of SendPulse i got a good deal on a special and am happy with the price i pay. Those using the software can control their budget and choose packages that suit their pocket but be aware that there are cos

Use it every day

Reviewed on 7/30/2018

The ability to send multiple personalized emails and sms message to my whole list or I can segment down to a small group. Very good value.

Pros

The best thing I like about sendpulse is ease of use. You can very easily set up a automated email flow along with sms message all in the same program. You can build custom temples emails and SMS message. You have the ability to use variables to make your campaign be more personalized. You can import emails or build them with HTML builder also. Click and drop email builders make it very simple. You also earn credits that can be used to pay for services. Customer support is fast and. Very helpful.

Cons

The big issue is speed, they do have an issue when it comes to. Page speed when saving email templets. It can be a little frustrating when you are trying to fix something small.

Translate with Google

Good but API is hard work

Reviewed on 9/13/2016
Review Source

So – I am going to caveat this whole thing with – if you’re not interested in using the API or you are not coming from another service with an existing API integration, this probably won’t apply to you.

Summary: 2 different API’s, both awfully designed, both poorly documented, both with completely different authentication methods, credentials etc. however, the application itself is great, so if you’re not using the API, it’s probably fine.

Full Review:

SendPulse has a functional API, but it feels like it was created by someone that read a REST API book of best practices without really thinking about how people would / should use it.

My biggest problem is the way authentication works (on the main API which is for sending your campaigns, managing subscriptions etc.), sure it follows all OAUTH standards, but this means you need to manage identify on your application so you send all the correct tokens etc., it feels very Salesforce, not Slack (if you have used either of these API’s you will know, Slack is easy, Salesforce is really really hard) – another comparison would be that it feels like IBM made this software when you are using the API, not a start-up.

If you are coming from something like MailChimp – the MailChimp API is easy, send a request with your API key and whatever you are requesting happens or you get a meaningful response, I have seen many garbage responses from the SendPulse API – you cannot guarantee JSON will come back, sometimes you get HTML, sometimes you get a weird HTML 404 page with some Yahoo copyright notices all over it, it all depends on how mangled your request is – so on top of having to worry about handling identity, you need to handle all sorts of strange responses not just JSON – and therein lies the next problem – DOCUMENTATION:

The API documentation is god-damn-awful, and because the API is quite complex and / or obscure in terms of how you request stuff, you often end up with garbage responses and have to trial-and-error how stuff works.

SendPulse has created a bunch of libraries to make this easier, and if you want to hang your PHP application by using their library, then go ahead – but if you have some kind of background task manager you will probably have to write your own stuff, which in most cases would not be too hard, but because the documentation is sparse, I really struggled to do even the basic stuff with CURL on the command line – if I was to suggest anything, provide CURL examples like Slack does, at least that way I could reverse engineer the CURL to sort out the lack of actual documentation (again, it’s a problem because the API responds with junk HTML if you get your request wrong so you don’t know what is actually wrong and have to trial-and-error a lot).

On top of all of this, if you are planning on using the SMTP send-alone API, you have a completely different authentication process – one that I still have no idea how to make work – this is what the documentation says about how to authenticate: http://i.imgur.com/sVAc3II.png

(the original documentation is here, but I think you need to be logged in to view it: https://login.sendpulse.com/manual/smtp-api/)

I personally have no idea how to authenticate against this SMTP API. I have not yet asked support about it because they are looking at something else for me that is more important, but I just don’t…….. what….. from the documentation (a required parameter to authenticate, IV): “iv – an initialization vector, encrypted by a public key with an OpenSSL Library usage” – what is this? Why is it never mentioned again? how do I get it?

And most importantly, why on earth is it different to the (already convoluted) other OAUTH authentication on the main mail API?

Anyway, to wrap this up, I picked up SendPulse because I needed both templated / campaign based email and SMTP / transactional email and I previously had MailChimp, but did not want to pay for Mandrill because my SMTP volumes were super low.

SendPulse is fine, but I have wasted more time than the money I would have saved just using Mandril, however if you can get over all of this, the product is actually pretty good which is why I have not left a steamer of a review score, and as I said at the start, if you are not using the API it is great.

I just hope they release a new version of the API that focuses on functionality rather than horrible REST standards (although I’m not convinced all of this is standards compliant), which I think have generally been thrown away by the new-wave tech start-ups so people can quickly deliver value.

Pros

Price
Web Interface
Email Builder

Cons

API
Can't use Email Builder emails in the SMTP email interface

4.0/10
Translate with Google

The service facilitates many tasks

Reviewed on 10/13/2018

Pros

We use SendPulse for over a year. We chose this particular service, since the price for a subscription is on average 50% lower than that of competitors. At the same time, the functionality of the service is not inferior to them. Mailing automation works fine, the attached files do not disappear.

Cons

There are no complaints about the work of the service. But we had such a case, when for a month’s subscription, we had twice the amount withdrawn from the card. We wrote to the support service and in a month everything was returned. But why it did not happen to us explained.

No cons of this service

Reviewed on 1/31/2018

I have been doing e-mail for a long time and sendpulse is the fourth service I use. And this is the most convenient service I've tested, in which I will definitely continue to work. I did not find anything uncomfortable or complicated, everything is intuitively understandable.

Pros

Simple and convenient editor
View statistics, click-through, charts
Easy management of address books
Polite quick support with clear tips
Ability to create very beautiful push notifications
Dashboard for multiple users

Cons

I managed to study not one service of e-mailing, and all had shortcomings, but SendPulse is still pleased, everything works fine.

Translate with Google

A good application with a user-friendly interface

Reviewed on 9/21/2018

Pros

This application we use to regularly send emails to our address database. The dispatch is easy to configure, select the necessary options, and then check the number of delivered emails. Pleases also the technical support team. We had a situation where we tried to organize mailing out an outdated address database, many of the addresses were no longer valid, and technical support staff helped us understand the problem and solve it.

Cons

The API of this application is horrible, it seems that developers have read several books, do not have their own practical experience and are not ready to meet users.

Inexpensive Mailing Solution

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

Pros

We use SendPulse to notify our customers about new promotions and offers. The service has everything you need: a simple interface, templates for preparing letters and the ability to track statistics.

Cons

There are no critical flaws. But for convenience, you can add the ability to edit images directly in SendPulse. For example, in order to be able to do cropping, tighten the contrast, exposure.

Excellent service

Reviewed on 10/21/2016
Review Source

Excellent service from Sendpulse. We use both Email and Smtp options, both work very well, fast and stable. I like to prepare our newsletter with sendpulse tools. Easy to use.Thanks

Pros

Email service: Easy to use, user friendly interface, fast.
Smtp service: Fast and stabile.
Support Team(Helpdesk): Very friendly team, focus to solve your questions, Fast

Cons

What I dont like is, we have a big association with 5000 members, and every month we get new members, so I must add their name and email addresses to the mailing list in sendpulse. But when I update mailing list in Sendpulse, system everytime block me to send mailing or newsletter. This must be solved. Its boring to disturb helpdesk every month. But normally really good service.

Translate with Google

A real pipeline for e-mail marketing

Reviewed on 2/27/2018

Pros

Just a monster dispatch. I am very pleased with the program. In our database there are about 60 000 addresses. To check their quality by hand is simply unrealistic. It helps me to track in automatic mode which address does not work, who subscribed and who unsubscribed from the mailing. I have more than 10 mailings. Only to buy for all content - already a lot of time. Soft just saves me.

Cons

It is necessary to improve the autocomplete fields, make it more convenient. Also it does not hurt to fix problems with the entrance to your personal cabinet. Sometimes it slows down, you can only come in from the second or third attempt.

Translate with Google

I'm very pleased with the work of the application

Reviewed on 2/15/2018

Pros

In our company, management daily makes small newsletters to employees and uses SendPulse for this. This is a simple and convenient service that helps to establish communication.

Cons

As such, there are no shortcomings in the service, but before I pay money for the application and transfer the entire company to it, I advise you to first implement SendPulse in a small department.

SendPulse review

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 9/4/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We are using send pulse for hotel booking and transactions . Send-pulse is one of the greatest companies I have been with in terms of email/newsletter marketing. Their push notifications are free to use and a great service. They reach over 200 countries which is great especially being in the international business world myself. Their privacy is optimal and they are always available 24/7 as well as their live chat.

Translate with Google

One of the best email marketing application with clean interface.

Reviewed on 11/2/2018
Review Source

Pros

Its clean web interface makes it users first choice for email marketing. Users don't need any technical lessons to operate this app. From setting up account to sending an email campaign and analysis of that email campaign through reporting, everything will be done in just 20 minutes. Its Drag and Drop editor saves a lot of time in designing of email contents.

Cons

Its customer service is not very quick and campaign approval takes time. And the people who don't have much money for marketing will find its pricing very steep.

Translate with Google

Very well integrated email and SMS marketing service.

Reviewed on 11/22/2018

It is one of my primary source for email marketing. And it is very effective in generating good revenue for my company.

Pros

Its simple user interface and great deliverability makes it one of the best email marketing tool of this industry. It is also well integrated with SMS service which is a great tool for me. Simultaneously I can use both for my product promotions. Both gives amazing results.

Cons

Till now I didn't see any major problem in this software. Sometimes it bothers me when it takes longer time for campaign approval.

Excellent web push service

Reviewed on 10/3/2016

I have been looking for a solution that will let me send web push notifications to my customers. I tried a few services but in all of them setup was extremely complicated. SendPulse was easy to integrate, I just added a javascript code to my website and it worked right away. The service is free and does not have any limitations. You can send web push to all your users no matter how many you've got. Recommended!

Pros

- Web push is free and easy to implemement
- Web push works together with email

Convenient service of dispatch

Reviewed on 2/27/2018

Pros

Everything is implemented fairly simply and rationally, there is nothing superfluous, only the necessary functions. The program completely suits me, although some points can be improved. The ideal software does not happen. Tasks are constantly changing and developers are trying to follow the advanced trends.

Cons

Few standard templates. I would like to make my personal cabinet even more convenient. It is advisable to send notifications by SMS, not just e-mail. Data security must also be at its height.

Essential for email marketing

Reviewed on 1/5/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you're looking for an email marketing tools, try this one.

Pros

Awesome segmenting and analytics features.
Virtually no problems with spam filters.
Very competitive price.

Cons

Nothing really worth complaining about. We had few issues on the technical side we had to resolve by contacting support, but nothing major.

Translate with Google

In general, I liked the program

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Pros

As soon as you start the program, it becomes clear that it will be easy to understand, the interface is very attractive, intuitive. For business executives there is a bonus - this is the preparation of very detailed, detailed reports. The technical support service provides round-the-clock support and advice to customers.

Cons

I did not like the fact that telephone numbers and postal addresses could not be synchronized. Periodically there are problems with the computer security system, it happens that the sent letters get into spam.

Translate with Google

Convenient designer to create a newsletter

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

Pros

I use SendPulse to notify clients of promotions for our services. I like a very convenient designer: he offers several options for the finished letter, which remains to be edited a bit. Thanks to this constructor, creating a mailing does not cause problems even for new employees with no work experience.

Cons

You can sort contacts only alphabetically, and this is not always convenient. Sometimes you need to make a newsletter for certain regions, and then you have to find and highlight the right contacts yourself.

Your Email Campaigns and More

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/11/2018

Pros

Everybody says that the money is in the list, and SendPulse takes that statement to the next level. Not only the service helps you manage your mailing list, but​ it also does SMS, web push notification, and Facebook chat (coming soon at the time of writing).

Cons

As intuitive as any mailing list managers could be, setting up a list always takes a lot of effort. And SendPulse is​ no different.

7.0/10
Translate with Google

For me it is the best product!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016
Review Source

Convenient service for creating mailing, good delivery of letters. Easy to navigate in the personal account and work with templates. Everything is simple and clear. Help is always timely.

Pros

At the moment I'm completely satisfied with the service. Very comfortable usability. I recommend using.

Cons

I have no problems when working with this product.

Translate with Google

The best service for e-mail marketing

Reviewed on 2/26/2018

Pros

All reports in a simple and accessible form are downloaded to me by mail and sent a notification by SMS. I have access to statistics at any time. This helps me make informed decisions and constantly keep in touch, not participating in the process directly.

Cons

It is necessary to urgently improve the autocompletion of fields and work with the interface. The private office is a whole fortress, where it is not easy to get to. Maybe it's good for security, but it complicates daily work.

Translate with Google

Good software for start ups

Reviewed on 8/9/2018

good experience, easy to use and great interface

Pros

It is a good software for those entrepreneurs who are starting in the email marketing business, since you will have a very good experience. It has very good features that will allow you to develop an important part of your business that is email marketing

Cons

The number of contacts to send for free is very small and there are other applications that allow you to send much more without additional cost

Translate with Google

Modern postal service for professional use

Reviewed on 8/23/2018

Pros

The convenient and easy interface of the program is combined in it with great functionality and it's very good. For example, there is an intuitive message designer, a lot of ready-made templates, and the distribution of messages is free.

Cons

Trigger letters are thought out badly, there are few conditions for them. Not always, but often there are cases where technical support takes a long time to respond to customers' requests.

7.0/10

Switched from MailChimp to Send Pulse

Reviewed on 12/13/2016

Switching from another software to SendPulse was not difficult: base and contact are easily movable and it was all set in 30min. The WYSIWYG editor is clear and efficient for campaign edition. Also, the support is tip top, you can expect a real-human-response in less than 10 min, Sunday included. It's a real advantage for this kind of business!

The only negative point is the non-personalisation of opt-in email subject.

Pros

High deliverability and nice re-marketing system

Translate with Google

Good to use as an omnichannel service

Reviewed on 6/24/2016
Review Source

We are using SendPulse to combine e-mail and webpush services in order to get better customer response rate. And that really works and their CTR beats other email services we ever tried. Also, we save 40% on our email marketing expenses with SendPulse after switched from the well known leading service from USA.

Pros

Large free plan. Integrated webpush. Integrated sms with worldwide delivery. Low prices for email. Free webpush.

Cons

Still new on market, some not important for us features are missing.