Mothernode CRM Reviews

4.7/5 (38 reviews)

Mothernode - The one solution for all your CRM Needs

Reviewed on 8/16/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Using Mothernode is like combining only the best features from the other big software companies into one program and not incorporating the clunky features that do not work. They seamlessly integrate a robust CRM in with their project management, purchasing and production planning module to create a system that can handle orders from prospect to invoice. Mothernode also give the user the ability to quickly track real-time data and generate custom and useful reports that are paramount to running any business.

Although the system can do everything Mothernode also built the modules to stand alone to be used the way that bests suites your business. The CRM itself is a very powerful tool that will keep any sales team on track and organized to close more projects.

The Mothernode CRM does a superior job of managing contacts and tracking prospects to opportunities to clients. This reduces the need to input the same data multiple times when the projects progress through the system saving time and errors. In my business we are often required to order materials from multiple vendors for one product. The ability to "build" the product from multiple components and issue individual purchase orders to multiple vendors without entering data a second or third time is a huge time saver for us.

Overall, our employees are more productive with less errors and generally happy to be using a system that fits their needs so well. To often the value of software is measured in dollars and cents and the employees ease of use is not taken into consideration.

Cons

We would love to see a client facing portal added that could serve as an on-line store or on-line ordering system. The ability to import clients orders directly into Mothernode would further streamline our internal systems as well as the client experience.

Translate with Google

Great software and great company!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Mothernode is easy to use. We use it to run our entire business. Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Purchase Orders, etc. It keeps things simple. Easy to run reports and find what you are looking for. I really like the flexibility I get working in the cloud so I can work remotely if/when I have to. I also like being able to send invoices to customers through the system and see how many times they've opened them. We can do the same thing with quotes and POs. It makes life easy.

Customer service is great and very receptive to some of our ideas and have implemented a lot of our suggestions over the years.

Cons

I like how simple it is to make a PO from line items in the order, but I wish there was a way to automatically add items from 1 PO to multiple orders. It would be nice if we could have a customer portal that would allow our customers to access their invoices, etc.

Translate with Google

Mothernode helps us manage our business

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the responsiveness of the Mothernode personnel. They seem to understand our growing business since they are one as well. Also, they seem to be pushing the envelope on innovating and adding features. They are also patient with us as we change our processes and making changes to our program accordingly.

Our primary initiative when signing on with Mothernode was to get some web enabled CRM help. Securely managing our customer information, automating our quoting process, helping us all be on the same page with customers with info entered in real time. They have not only done that for us but given us more ERP capabilities as well that helps us manage our work flow. There is still more work on our part to take more advantage processes that could be automated by MN.

Cons

The main thing I dislike is not being large enough to have a full time person on our team that can be more focused on helping us use this tool to its full potential. We are getting there but there's so much it can still do for us.

Translate with Google

Great product for those who don't need the expense and complication..

Reviewed on 9/7/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ease of use while maintaining a complete profile of prospects has been key. While other systems touted the ability to capture lots of information, it usually results in requiring the user to manually input extraneous data, which for busy people means they are less likely to utilize the program. With Mothernode, the being able to quickly enter the few necessary fields means our sales people are actively using the program, which leads to better tracking and makes it easier to follow up, and close more sales. While a prospect moves through the funnel, then we can add additional data as needed.

Cons

The only real dislike is with the lead capture forms. While they absolutely work, their design is a bit old and our responsive website requires two different versions of the same form so that users can see a correctly sized form based upon if they are accessing via a phone or a desktop computer. We have multiple different forms, and in multiple languages, so then number of forms can grow exponentially.

Mothernode Runs Our Business

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

One of the best features of Mothernode is the ability to have new staff quickly on-boarded in the system with the plentiful "How To" videos available as well as the fact that the system is very intuitive.

Additionally, as an executive administrator in the system, I have access to the performance metrics that make it easy to not only understand how our Account Managers are performing but to also create a clear vision of our business performance, market segments served and ultimately detailed information on the prospects and customers that we target and serve. It's a fantastic operational and managerial tool!

Cons

In comparison to the full on-line system the mobile app could be a little more robust. The system being web based does quickly identify when your ISP is not performing as well as it should. Utilization of the system certainly got more efficient once we were able to upgrade our network to fiber optic.

Loyal customer survey

Reviewed on 8/31/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I liked how easy it is to archive emails sent or receive to the Mothernode record. In addition, I like we are able to email our member from the members record in Mothernode. This keep all our commutations to and from our member organization and easy to follow up on. We store a lot of our member’s information the member’s record in Mothernode from member’s contact information, account information, sales, enrollment information. We receive phone calls from our members with questions, to answer their questions we need to access their information that is in their Mothernode.

Cons

I was not satisfied with the search field too many clicks to search for a members record. A lot of time, I had to search for multiple member records at a time while I was on the phone with our member. The extra clicks to search for multiple member records at a time made the search take longer. For example to start your search you have to click the Member/Prospects tab then enter the record name, click on the name your searching for, then click the name again to open the record. Then when done with the member’s record you had to click the home button and start again.

Translate with Google

Very good CRM - Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Mothernode has been a simple CRM to implement and use. We came from Salesforce, which was both costly and complicated and because of that, nobody used it. I think Mothernode has done a good job of balancing features and simplicity. There aren't many different screens that can get lost on. It's easy to navigate. So it's been easy for all of us to get going pretty quick.

We rely a lot on the collaborative features and has helped us stay organized. As a small company, it's been critical for us to have access to timesaving features like automated events, email marketing, sales automation, etc. Before Mothernode our manual processes took way too much time and we were never going to grow our business as fast as we could with Mothernode.

Cons

Would be nice if it had e-commerce built-in. This way I could keep everything under one roof. Also would be good to integrate with MYOB.

Translate with Google

Managing a project almost completely from my desk

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ability to email quotes, orders and purchase orders from with in the system. This feature allows me to be able to track when one of those items was emailed out from my desk. You are also able to view when the email was downloaded and request a digital signature on quotes. I'm able to take a majority of the previously printed files and manage them with in this software. We are able to reduce the amount of paper used and don't have to dig through files to find the information since its all managed within the order.

Cons

The lack of ability to make changes once an order is processed and partially invoiced. It would be nice to be able to update any changes that are late in the process.

Translate with Google

Mothernode helps me manage my projects

Reviewed on 8/4/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's been easy to use and allows me to work on the road, because I travel all around the world. Mothernode allows me to easily manage the daily status of my projects from quoting and orders to tracking my purchase orders. They are continually adding new features that allow me to be more efficient and the cloud-based solution allows me to remotely manage all of my projects. The system is intuitive and very easy to use.

Cons

Changes once an order has been processed can be a bit time consuming to reverse and update, but otherwise, I don't see a dislike that can't be overcome. Would like to see vendors in the Mobile App.

Translate with Google

I depend on Mothernode everyday!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The solutions are custom to our industry. They make modifications to our software that makes the function unique to our company.Business for me everyday includes customer service, estimating, time management, communication, history management.. All information at finger tips for all departments of the company. There is one entry and everyone can know what is going on. There is also history of all clients, that can be managed, referenced. Creative communication with notifications, time released reporting. Client communication management, all in one place.

Cons

The timetable for modification. Limitations for some requests.

Translate with Google

I work with Mothernode every day as my primary CRM tool.

Reviewed on 8/5/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Obviously you can use it to do all your lead-tracking, quotes, orders, and invoicing, but that's the job of any CRM. The real value add for Mothernode is efficiency. There are so many ways to automate the small stuff that consumes your time. Automated emails and updates and reports and inventory tracking and on and on. If you ever think anything along the lines of "I wish I didn't have to do/write/input this value/name/info each time," then you can be sure that there is a way to make it so you don't.

As far the Mothernode goes as a company rather than a product, I have found them to be accessible, helpful, and responsive. Quick turn around on any kind of request. Easy to work with. They've been great.

Cons

Really the only annoyance I can think of is that the back button in the browser doesn't work very well for navigating, but I'm not sure if that's a reflection on the product so much as on php.

Mothernode customer since 2009

Reviewed on 10/14/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's very easy to use and has a lot of modules and features that we depend on in our business, and it has helped us in becoming better organized. We use Mothernode to manage all our sales and customer activity. We also use it for quotes, orders, purchase orders, and invoices. Because it's cloud-based, it has been a very practical solution to connect all our offices and users throughout the US. It also lets our users work remotely when traveling to client locations.

Cons

While they do a good job updating the product and including release notes, it would be nice if they made more video tutorials or hosted more webinars to review these features with us. It would also be good if it had an e-commerce solution built in. I'm sure there are additional features we could use that we may not know about.

Translate with Google

Great system from a great company

Reviewed on 9/1/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I really enjoy getting the personal customer service I receive. They really care about helping our company succeed in anyway possible. Mothernode has increased our internal communication by quite a bit. Lack of communication was a big problem, and this was a huge reason I pushed for our company to get a CRM system.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little bit funny when you are trying to search for things. It sometimes will tell me that it can not find one of my contacts when I search for them by name, so sometimes I have to go find them by looking their company up first.

Translate with Google

Mothernode is such a pleasure to work with

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What I like best is how easy it is to work with the Product and Staff at Mothernode. Mothernode allows us to place all our leads and opportunities with the unique documents and information (Patents, Docket Reports, Case Numbers, Attorney contact information) for our Expert Witness business, and manage and track our customer relationships. Benefits are one go to place to understand the status on that lead or opportunity.

Cons

Would love the back button to work like standard. It works sometimes, but not all the time.

Translate with Google

Powerful, Flexible CRM software that does everything I need.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ability to organize everything from sales leads to sales production and delivery. Ours is a business with lots of pieces and players. The Mothernode systems gives me the ability to look at a project at any time and get a quick snapshot into the project status.

Cons

Would like to see more of the customer service modules on the mobile app. My team travels around the world and in our business we rely on cases for our customer support. Would be great to have this feature on the app, so I can keep up with all the case activity on my phone.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very easy to navigate once you know the layout. I like that it keeps all your customer information in one place that can be accessed by all the sales team. Keeping everything organized and in one place that all can easily access.

Cons

Currently I don't like having to go through 2 methods to find what I need. Because we are in between using mothernode full time and doing things the old way, I am having to do double the work to find what I need. This is not a mothernode issue, this is an internal issue.

Translate with Google

Worth its weight in gold!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This CRM is to use and ideal for me and my reps who don't get much face time during the week. The marketing components are such a time saver for me. I think I've started saving at least 1 full week a month in emailing! And the staff at Mothernode is very helpful.

Cons

This CRM can do much more than I really need at the moment. I really only use about 1/3 of what it can do. But at least I can grow into more without having to pay more. Just not there yet.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that Mothernode is always trying to improve and keep their technology and capabilities current to better serve its clients. We have been able to better track our leads through MN and report on progress with our marketing efforts thanks to Mothernode.

Cons

I am not fond of having to start over with a search instead of their being a back button feature. (Does that make since?)

CRM Tool and more!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Mothernode allows me to log information and calendar it for the future. All of my correspondence for a particular project is captured in one location allowing me quick and easy access when needed. The system reminds me what needs to be done every day.

Cons

I would definitely like to see the mobile version enhanced. It's a bit difficult to use as it's currently configured.

Translate with Google

A very user friendly solution!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Mothernode's Sales Team Edition has been a great tool for our company. It has streamlined our daily operations and helped organize our data. From customer management and pricing proposal to quote KPI's, our small business has been able to track and analyze our sales activity.

We migrated from another large well known CRM solution to Mothernode. We realized that we needed to simplify our sales processes in order to effectively analyze business.

Cons

I would like to see more advanced search options in Tutorials Search Library.

Translate with Google

Mothernode is extemely vaulable to the sales team as it is quick and e

Reviewed on 8/29/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the fact all the info pertaining to the account is in one spot and with click of the mouse you can download/export all the info needed for a client meeting. The mobile app is extremely helpful while traveling. Also, the ability to walk through purchasing opportunities with accounts to better focus on optimizing multiple vendors.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to access both prospects and current accounts in the same search. This maybe available but we do not currently use it. Also speed has been an issue but did seem to get resolved...

Complete and Trusted Business Operations Solution

Reviewed on 11/2/2015

The navigation is very fluid and intuitive, so running searches, reports, and creating and managing information across all functions becomes second-nature very quickly. Additionally, the Home Page - Dashboard is essentially a very effective work-management tool that provides fast access to current work, recent interactions, and upcoming appointments and tasks.

The quote/order creation and management process is very user friendly, but we would like to find an easy way to specify a different customer account on an order in the event that we are instructed to invoice a different organization.

Be sure to evaluate service, support, training and consistent development of new and enhanced features, all of which Mothernode provides at a high level.

Mothernode helps us solve the overall challenge of smoothly moving data through the entire business cycle, including but not limited to contact management, sales, project management, order production, shipping and invoicing. We don't have to recreate data when moving to the next phase of the business cycle, and that saves us lots of time. The communication and notification features keep everyone on the same page, increasing overall accuracy and teamwork.

A fantastic value

Reviewed on 10/19/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The system is incredibly robust at a fraction of the price, perfect for a small business seeking help with customer retention and marketing.

Cons

The only problematic area for us is the number of fields to fill out to create proper reporting data. To make the most of the features, there is a lot of repetitive data entry that can be easy to overlook without a written procedure.

Translate with Google

Mothernode is easy and run our business

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The customer module works very well to keep tack of customer locations and contacts within a company. Customer history is always accessible with quote and order information.

Cons

I would really like to see an integrated accounting software module as well as an integrated e-commerce module. Right now we connect to Quickbooks.

Translate with Google

One of the easiest to use CRM's in the marketplace

Reviewed on 9/7/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is an easy to use platform that doesn't require days upon days of training, but is as powerful as any CRM in the marketplace for small business.

Cons

I wish it were easier to bulk delete prospects that I don't want in my system.