MailerLite Reviews

MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

4.4/5 (181 reviews)

Great Mailing System - Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 3/22/2017

Mailerlite was my first choice originally because they have a free limit. Most other services require monthly payments right from the start, so my expectations were low.

However, I've been using them for my website and I have nothing to say BUT AWESOME!

There interface is clean. The ability to integrate the different services directly into the website (popups, pop unders, direct mailing software) is simply the best. I've used a few different ones prior to mailerlite (just the trials), and all of them were more complicated.

Only one negative: If you're a time-sensitive person, the website can be slow. You have to go through a bunch of buttons to change the format of all of your popups and such. However, it gives you amazing control over everything so the wait is well worth it in my opinion.

As for the mailing lists, they are super simple to use and keep track of. It's easy to design each mail to your specification, and even select time-sensitive ones (one email a week after they sign up originally, for example). So it makes it easy to just setup one-time and not really worry about it except for your own personal emails you send sporadically for the mailing list.

For example, I have mine setup to send an intro email, followup email the next day, then a list of best articles one week after initial signup. It does all this automatically so I don't have too. And i've tested it - it works great.

It also looks fantastic when you put the work in. You can view my popup and my sidebar mailing opt-in form here: www.hiddendominion.com/

As you can/could see - it's super sleek and can be negotiated to match anything to your design.

In short, highly recommend. If you're looking for a place to start - don't even think about other options. Stick with mailerlite. You won't regret it!

Great customer support
Tons of options
Easy to manage mailing list
Ability to setup intermittent emails

Cons

Slow to load the designing tables

Response from MailerLite

Austin, thank for the review and the comment about the pop-ups. We will certainly make them more visible.

Translate with Google

User-friendly, surprisingly affordable, and powerful autoresponder

Reviewed on 4/19/2018

Free up to 1000 subscribers. You don't have to pay them anything if you are just beginning to build your list.

Pros

MailerLite is one of the best and easy-to-use email autoresponder out there. What I like most about MailerLite is its novice-friendly features and easy-to-use interface. It allows even new users like me who don't have the required technical skills to send beautiful and elegant emails to my subscribers.

But for me, the best feature of MailerLite is it's totally free for the first 1,000 subscribers. So if you have a pretty small subscriber list, then you don't have to pay anything but still, you can use all the necessary functionalities.

The Customer Service is also helpful and responsive with their 'Chat Features'

Cons

Perhaps, one of the biggest disadvantages of MailerLite is that they do not allow Affiliate Links. This is crucial especially for users who are relying on other people's list when selling their products.

Translate with Google

Great and Simple Email marketing platform with all the features you'll ever need

Reviewed on 3/27/2018

Increased my list count and user subscription properly segmented users and increased customer response with easy to use email designer.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the user dashboard and the practicality of its flow. The reporting is awesome the A/B split testing is thorough and simple to include in any campaign and covering the subject line, email content, etc...
Automation and workflow features, although very advanced are practical and powerful.
The forms contain all you need, from pop-up forms, landing page forms, etc..all with settings that go from click to pop-up, exit intent, time-on-site, and many other event triggers.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about MailerLite, if anything I would like to see full-featured landing page builder being added and remarketing/retargeting capability to the lists on the account, but that would probably mean a different use of the platform. MailerLite is great as is.

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

Reviewed on 8/3/2016
Review Source

My experience with MailerLite.

After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner.

I give them credit, when it is due : Easy to navigate interface and professionally pre-made templates seemed a perfect match for my needs. As a small business owner, my first goal was to find a bulk email software that is easy to use and has a friendly and responsive customer service. For years, I used one of the major bulk email software providers, but they have become really expensive compared to what you get in return for these email campaigns. Finally, I made my decision and enrolled in one of MailerLite plans that seemed very attractive; at least on the paper! 15000 subscribers and unlimited monthly emails for $30!!

WOAH !!! what a great bargain. Right? Not that fast !

They were very quick to charge my business card for the $30.

I spent few hours to create a perfect email and uploaded my mailing list of 15000. and start creating the first campaign on MailerLite. This is where the nightmare started.

When I wanted to send out the email, I received an email from their support team that I am not allowed to use more than 2000. ( i paid for 15000 subscribers with unlimited monthly emails) . I told them that I won't have it that way and they should cancel my account. They reached out to me and assured me that everything would be fine, hey approved me for 5000 and promised to increase my quote after the first few emails to prevent spams. Fair enough!

After sending out the emails, they told me that I have breached their spam policy since the hard bounce of my emails were more than a certain number that they allow. I was not very happy with their decision but again, its their policy and I have to follow it. So I accepted their decision and didn't argue with them. But this the same email list that I have used with the other major email provider. I knew this is a small company with few resources and I have made a mistake.

Obviously, I didn't want to pay for a service that I am not allowed to use. quite simple. So, I ask them to cancel my subscription and refund me the $30 that they have charged me !!! They kept me waiting for almost 4 days and then they told me that they have decided to keep my money ?!!!!!, and obviously they have access to all the 15000 subscribers on mailing list !!

Customer service is the forefront of a business and I am really sorry to say that theirs is NON-EXISTING.

Since the goal of this review was to save others some time and un-wanted headache, I have not mentioned any of the other competitors that make a much better option.

Since then, I have signed up to another provider for only $5 extra and I could not be happier. I learned my lesson , cheaper choice is not always a better one. It is wiser to pay a bit more and go with a company with a better customer service and more resources.

If even you think that you won't have the same issue that I had with them, still think of your need of customer service at some point.

I hope this has helped you in your search. Good luck!

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.

0.0/10

Advanced Email Marketing Simplified

Reviewed on 9/7/2018

Overall: As a digital marketing agency.

It is easy to integrate MailerLite account with my WordPress Websites by using the available WordPress plugin.

Sales automations is made easy without any technical experience required.

The Ease-Of-Use of MailerLite has increased my email list and also guarantees successful delivery of email campaigns to the intended recipients.

Pros

Mailerlite provides a complete email marketing solution.

What makes it unique from others is its EASE OF USE.

The intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it easy to design beautiful and highly converting landing pages and pop-up forms.

Their dashboard makes it easy to manage subscribers.

The price is flexible and affordable relatively compared to the value gotten from the service.

Cons

As simple and easy Mailerlite is, the least thing I liked about Mailerlite is the fact that I find it difficult to get new accounts approved even though all requirements are met verifying with a custom email account.

And the support team doesn't have any tangible reason to backup their claims.

As this is the main problem I've been facing because I'd love to integrate Mailerlite on my clients' website.

Translate with Google

Great product with an even better customer support team

Reviewed on 3/27/2018

Pros

The emailing capabilities are great, everything just works. The team keeps adding improvements and new features to the product (in the time we've been using MailerLite, they added automation, improved segmentation, lots of new integrations and so on). The product is in active development which is great.

Whenever something went wrong, customer support has managed so solve it quickly.

Overall, MailerLite is great value for money and I'd recommend it for small-to-middle sized marketers.

Cons

It's not ideal for an e-commerce business.
Also, as your mailing list grows, some of the segmentation features become a bit limited (but then again, we're using MailerLite in online retail so these drawbacks are mostly related to that).

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Reviewed on 3/27/2018

Affordable, easy to use, added value with landing pages/popups

Pros

I have used MANY services and Mailerlite is hands down the best. That is the truth and I am in no way incentivized for this review. It is affordable, especially when your list gets pretty large. It is easy to use and you can create exactly the email you want very quickly. They let you customize your opt in/opt out pages and it's easy to do. Another super cool feature is they let you make pop ups/ embedded forms, and even landing pages! That is stuff others don't offer or even charge more for.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints. There are a couple times I thought of going to a self hosted mailing list, but mailerlite is so perfect for me I don't want to leave.

Translate with Google

The best email platform and it has landing pages!

Reviewed on 1/9/2018

Pros

Super easy to use from the start. There is zero coding needed to create landing pages and beautiful email newsletters. Their free account offers automation and many of the same advantages as the paid accounts. Mailerlite is constantly improving and adding new features. Ive been using them for about 3 years now and absolutely love it and recommend it to anyone looking for an email solution.

Cons

Its not able to integrate with other plugins that are specific to the theme I use on my website. There are workarounds, but it would be nice if I could have that functionality.

Best thing since MailChimp

Reviewed on 6/7/2018
Review Source

Pros

They have a really nice price and features. Every month they roll out a new feature that puts them closer to the big player, aka mailchimp.
They keep improving and launching new feature and the price has been the same since forever. Completely honest and amazing support.
They cut my email marketing cost in half and kept most of the important features I was looking for.

Cons

I would like to see more payment options (paypal) and more personalization tools. Also, every upgrade requires an approval from the support team and it can take time.

Translate with Google

Perfect, intuitive, at a great price. Best Customer Support!

Reviewed on 3/27/2018

Pros

Customer Support - They are constantly improving their features. I have the feeling that they will pass each of my requests to the development team and implement them within a short timeframe. They help me 24/7. I can write down my problem during the night and somebody help me in a few minutes.

Cons

Great Price for everybody. Very simple operation. I recommended ML to my team and my colleagues love ML as well. And we are not very technically capable. It was the reason why I changed my "old" system to Mailer Lite.

take care with mailerlite

Reviewed on 9/2/2014
Review Source

Take care with mailerlite, they want to pay them in advance and after 3 ,4 month they change the rule. I work with them i pay them 1000 $ in advance and after 4 months my email campaign do not go into clinet inbox. i have every month problem with them: in one month do not work unsubscribe system, in one month do not split correct in groups and in the last period they do not deliver email to inbox. i create different email address n different public email services and i put in the list o and the email do not arrive in inbox (they change the algorithm, because in first 2-3 month do not have this problem). based on that after 5 months i told them that i do not want to use their service and i want money back for the period that i do not use it, and they told me that they do not refund money (when i discuss with them before to pay them they told me that they will give me money back if i do not not have spam more than 0,1%, if they do not block my account and other rules and i respect all that rules). They consider 100.000 emails plan only unique email, so if you add email and people unsubscribe you cannot add other subscribers ,so in few months you pay for 100.000 subscribers and will have only 85.000, but you pay all year for 100.000. they change the rule after i pay, after 2, 3 months.
I use this kind of service for long time but mailer lite is the worst and unprofessional service that i use. If you want to work with them be careful with them because it is not trustful. They take you money and after 6 month, this is my case, they will told you "we re sorry that you are not satisfy by our service but we will not refund your money". If you choose them you will loose money, so choose carefully.

Pros

small price

Cons

a lot of problems with the platform, they change the rule after some time, they are not trustful

Response from MailerLite

Thanks for your comment. I would like to note that deliverability depends not only on our servers, but on client's domain reputation, newsletter and it's content etc. So we always react to all requests and try to solve all problems together with our client. As for the refunds - it's correct, we do not provide refunds, especially when client was using the system and sent a big number of newsletters via us. And you've misunderstood something, because we could not tell such thing as " they will give me money back if i do not not have spam more than 0,1%, if they do not block my account and other rules and i respect all that rules". The last thing regarding the plans: we count subscriber to your plan's limit when the first newsletter is sent to that email address. We allow 100% unlimited newsletters sending so it's fair enough that we have limits for unique subscribers used during the billing period. All in all, problems can always be solved together if both sides are interested in this.

Translate with Google

Do the best job in their field

Reviewed on 3/29/2017

When it comes to easy to use email marketing software that won't let you down, in any case, MailerLite is your top choice. I work with a bunch of ESP's and I have to say MailerLite crew not only know what they are doing but they actually KNOW how average marketers use email marketing software. Every step which leads you from creating subject line to click, send, button was designed to make it easy (AND LOGICALLY) to use. Great drag n drop editor (both for e-mails and signup forms(!)) has never let me down. Email Marketing Automation features are field to improve but I bet they're working on it right now.

Pros

emails and signup forms drag'n'drop editors; little smart features that makes your work easier and faster;

Cons

Response from MailerLite

Filip, thank you a lot for the review. It's a pleasure to have you as our customer.

Translate with Google

Extremely Easy to use, great value for money

Reviewed on 1/18/2018
Review Source

Pros

User interface is excellent. It is very easy to create mailings and manage them. The mailing groups feature is really great, much better than other competitors that I have used in the past. It also has integrations with Zapier to other webapps, such as CRM systems, which make adding new subscribers very easily.

If you need to manage more than one company, the app makes it easy to switch between accounts. You log in only once and you are able to create several accounts for clients.

Cons

The app has all the features that I currently need. I really can't see anything that it needs to improve. Perhaps it could build into the app the ability to validate emails automatically when importing emails as subscribers, or at least add the option to do so and charge as necessary. Today when importing a new batch of emails, it is necessary to clean the list using a third party service in order not to get a high bounce rate and thus get banned from the app.

Translate with Google

I love MailerLite, packed with features even for the free version.

Reviewed on 2/6/2018

MailerLite makes keeping in touch with my subscribers so simple, I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and packed with so many features even in the free version. The ability to copy campaigns and just make a few changes to send out another mailing in minutes is probably one of the best features.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the web forms in getting them just right for my website, but typically after a few tries I can get it.

LOVE IT!

Reviewed on 9/25/2018

I switched from Mailchimp to Mailerlite and i haven't looked back since. This is my go-to favorite e-mail campaign program. I have the app on my phone it's easy to use can't really create campains on the app but you can have them pre-made (draft's) and send from the phone I believe. Love it i wouldn't look to any other system to send e-mails to my subscribers.

My favorite feature though is i can integrate a pop up subscribe button into a blog post (with a little tweaking of their code) to act as a lead magnet!

Pros

- automated campaigns
- strict anti-spam rules (the staff checks!)
- easy to navigate and use
- groups to break down subscribers by interest (purchasers/rings/ watches) etc.
- Campaigns can be scheduled.
- landing pages and integrated (pop up) sign up boxes (great for creating lead magnets in blog posts!)
- it has a app where you can add subscribers *what I needed* check your past campaign stats.

Cons

- Could use a bit more templates
- Could use some explaining/ training video's

The Best Mailing Service I've Tried

Reviewed on 3/30/2018

Pros

The price, which is much more reasonable & affordable for me than MailChimp (which is why I initially switched from MailChimp to MailerLite). I also like the features, which I think are state-of-the-art, at least for my needs. The customer service is also great, and they're always trying to better their product, which I appreciate.

Cons

I honestly don't have any criticisms to make, not even constructive ones. Though it's reasonably priced, I suppose it could be a little less expensive (as could most everything these days), but that's about it.

Translate with Google

Affordable email marketing with unlimited emails

Reviewed on 10/3/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Lets you use all its features with unlimited email marketing regardless of which plan you are subscribed. If you have a small business with less than1000 subscribers, you can use Mailerlite for free. It is easy to use at the same time has templates and designs that fit your campaign needs. Y

Cons

Features are the same as other free email marketing software but plans are affordable. Your subscription will be suspended if you have an open rate lower than .02%. If your emails are marked as spam, then expect suspension of your account.

Translate with Google

Powerful and easy to use

Reviewed on 3/27/2018

Grew my email list and improved my brand awareness.

Pros

I love the simplicity, functionality, ease of use, referral program and automation capabilities. Other than that, reports are quite informative and nicely designed.

Cons

It can get a bit confusing sometimes or limiting because of the way it was built but you can figure it your way or get in touch with the support.

Translate with Google

Everything you need in an email marketing tool

Reviewed on 9/8/2017

A great and simple way to stay in touch with our users and to keep them updated.

Pros

I've been using it for about 2 years now and it never fails to amaze me. MailerLite has all the basic features one needs in an email marketing tool and more. The team is constantly improving the tool and adding new features. It is intuitive and fun to use. Pricing is reasonable considering the value you get for your money. From great email templates, all kinds of integration, forms, to email automation, campaign reports and stats.
The way their customer support works is something every company should look up to.

Cons

Some features for emails are only available in certain design templates. It would be great to make everything available in Drag&Drop editor. Page load is sometimes very slow, but that is not something that would make me stop using MailerLite.

Translate with Google

Mailerlite is much better than its Competitors. Easier to use and more cost effective!

Reviewed on 3/27/2018

I can recommend it to my customers and know that either i can help them fast or they can DIY it with the expert customer support!

Pros

The Reports are easy to access and understand.
Creating Multiple Campaigns at one time is a Snap!

Cons

The Automation is a bit confusing.
Could there be a feature to repeat a campaign on a monthly weekly etc basis?

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

I have been using this software for over a year. It is a great product to distribute your mails. The interface is easy & clean. You could integrate webforms to website and facebook page. The software allows you to create as many accounts using the same email. The beauty of this product is the plan is free for less than 1,000 subscribers. Love this software.

Pros

Easy to use.
Interface is clean and neat.
Customer service is friendly & fantastic. They solve your issue within 24 hours.
Plan is free for 999 subscribers.
Integration with other sites like Facebook & website.

Cons

No telephone support for customers. Customer support sometimes took almost whole day to answer your query.
No built apps on the phone.
Limited template to choose from.
The knowledge base help is limited.
No video tutorial.

Almost as good as Mailchimp

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 10/9/2018

MailerLite is good if you're on a budget or with a subscriber base of under 1.000. That means you get to use most of its features for free.
Unfortunately, Mailchimp makes a much more compelling case, as its experience shows. It just feels faster and more robutst, in comparison to MailerLite.

Pros

- Ease of use: The drag and drop interface in most sections means it's great for first-time user and veterans won't mind this way of composing newsletters, for example.
- Integrations: It's easy to pair it with a WordPress blog and see it just work.
- Lots of features: Since their earliest days, they only had email marketing. Now they've followed in Mailchimp's footsteps and introduced marketing automation, popups and landing pages.

Cons

- Very similar to Mailchimp, in terms of design, but still feels half-baked
- Marketing automation features are nothing to write home about. They there, but they still need some work.
- The platform feels a bit too simplistic, it's hard to use it as a professional.

Translate with Google

Excellent email service for the solopreneur

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

Pros

MailerLite is really easy to set up and use for basic broadcast emails. Automation features are very good and constantly improving. As the service has become more popular, other apps like Thrive Leads and Facebook have made integrations, which makes for a more seamless onboarding process. The customer service is personal and real making the company a pleasure to work with.

Cons

While there are lots of pre-made email templates to choose from and options for customization of emails, MailerLite has no templates for embedded opt-in forms and few options for customization (such as adding an image) unless you modify the html code on your site. A workaround is to connect MailerLite with an opt-in form app such as Thrive Leads.

Favorite email service provider

Reviewed on 11/1/2018

It's the best option I've found for email marketing. It provides a ton of features at an affordable price.

Pros

It provides an amazing amount of control. Email campaigns can be sent based on where and how the person signed up, what links they clicked or didn't click in the last email campaign and more. Mailerlite makes everything easy. It's simple enough for beginners but provides enough features and control to be useful to experienced email marketers.

Cons

There have been periodic issues with deliverability, but these are usually cleared up quickly.

Translate with Google

Easy to use and an asset

Reviewed on 3/28/2018

Pros

I like the customer support. Always helpful and I come away satisfied with the answers. The ease of using this software is second to none. I´ve used other, well known, similar services and found them hard to get my head around.

Cons

I can´t really say there are any cons to the software. Usually, there is a way of doing everything I want.