LastPass Reviews

LastPass

Password manager & single sign on (SSO)

4.7/5 (734 reviews)

Must-Have

Reviewed on 11/14/2018
Review Source

Pros

The core value proposition is the main pro: quickly creates complex, secure passwords and stores and organizes them for your easy access across the web and mobile apps on any device. Really love the security checkup and organized list of actions you should take to improve your score (security). Like the percentage score and comparison to others. Love that LastPass will go in and automatically change your passwords for many mainstream sites but that’s becoming less and less useful now that we use 2-factor authentication for so many (so it can’t). Ability to securely share passwords or vault with family members. Secure Notes section for storing info unrelated to a website. Ability to mark any record a Favorite for easier locating. Desktop app has a quick search box that pops up with a keyboard shortcut—love that. The addition of the in-app access on mobile was huge. Same with the new ability to replace Apple’s keychain with LastPass as default in the new iOS browser.

Cons

Biggest issue is that the desktop Safari browser extension stopped auto-filling a month or two ago. So I had to switch browsers which I’m not happy about.

Frustrating differences between LastPass versions (browser extension, mobile app integration, desktop Vault...): Can view password history on some and not others. Specific selection to generate new password to replace an existing one on some and not others (related to storing password history). When you can’t do that, the workaround to ensure I’ve stored both old and new passwords is a huge pain. Sync delays between versions.

I’ve stopped using the browser pop-up asking if you want to update a site’s password because I’ve had problems in the past with it screwing things up.

Some companies make you use the same username and password across their sites which may have different domain names. I wish LastPass would allow for a way to link them in their records. Now when I visit one of those sites, I have to dismiss their warning pop-up every time (warns that you’ve used that site’s password elsewhere online, which is a great feature in most cases), and if I change a password I have to remember to look up the other sites’ records and manually change those to match.

Would also like to see LastPass add more sites to the list that they can auto-update, but that’s just a wish list item, not a big deal.

This review makes it sound pretty horrible, but I really do love it. So much that I’m willing to put up with these downsides (in hopes that they’ll make the fixes eventually).

Translate with Google

Feature rich software, allows you to secure your enterprise passwords.

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

It helps me to be GDPR compliant by creating a secure environment for our passwords.

Pros

LastPass Enterprise is very suitable to enable your users to store logins and other information securely. You can sync with Active Directory and other sources, allow access to shared folders based on group membership and enforce various policies. This is all very flexible.
The reporting functionality allows you to monitor product usage and the 'security score' of your employees. If an account is known to be leaked to the web, your users can be notified about this thanks to the integration with HIBP.
Accounts can be secured with 2-factor authentication either using a push message to an Android/IOS app, or with Yubikey, Sesame, Google Authenticator or other options. This can also be enforced for specific users. You can link your enterprise account with a personal account for easy access to your private passwords. Read the deployment guide and you will be impressed.

Cons

Even after more than five years of enterprise deployment, I have a hard time getting my users loving LastPass. The interface is not consistent across browsers. Enabling the binary component (used for uploading attachments to your vault and for synchronizing the login status between browsers) is a hassle. Some preferences are saved in the extension, but not in your account preferences, like logout when idle, Other settings are done via the Vault. The mobile apps are not bug free, sometimes the autofill pop-up comes up on Android, sometimes it doesn't. On MacOS, the binary plugins sometimes hang. When reporting these issues to Support, it usually takes a long time to get them fixed. If they send them to Development, there is little or no feedback on the progress. So there is still a lot of room for improvement. The price doubled last year, which does not yet pay off although the competition is often more expensive and then I don't know where LastPass shines and they don't.

Translate with Google

My team and I LOVE Last Pass! It's easy to use, helps secure your login credentials and so much more

Reviewed on 10/3/2017

It's very secure for supporting all of my passwords. I don't have to worry about remembering a bunch of different passwords, lastpass autogenerates secure passwords for me and remembers them for me. And allows me to access it from any device if I need to.

It allows me to share passwords with my team for products that charge extra for additional users when we don't necessarily need additional users.

It's fast and works really well all around. Not all software does that but it gives me confidence that I can trust it with my passwords.

It also allows you to auto-fill forms for saving time filling out repetitive address, email, phone #, cc info etc.

Pros

First off, with so many things to log in to it's impossible to follow good password procedure, which is important, especially with all of the hacks that go on. If a hacker gets one of your passwords, they know they can access a lot of your websites. Lastpass removes the pain of creating a secure password and having to remember it. You only have to create 1 secure lastpass password and you're golden.

One of the biggest pains it solves for my team is allowing us to share passwords/logins for software that charges extra if you need multiple users. As a small startup that can't afford to pay for each user for every software we use, this is huge for us.

It also makes onboarding new team members easier. We give them access to the services they need and can see what each service does in the notes section of the lastpass app. It also helps when my business partner signs up for a new software, I can know what it's for and viceversa.

I also feel more secure having my passwords on lastpass than on Chrome's password manager.

Cons

I think the design and user experience could be laid out a bit better, but it's good enough. The way they have it set up can make all of your passwords etc. feel overwhelming at times.

Also, there's the obvious downside that if you forget your password you could end up locked out of all of your accounts... So make sure you remember your password.

Translate with Google

One-word: Indispensable - One of the greatest apps ever made.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017
Review Source

Pros

Lastpass has 10 key pros:

1) Password generation and auto filling
LastPass generate secure passwords for every website you use. It saves them as well and automatically logs into the website. This means you can create passwords that are very difficult for hackers to guess, without having the trouble of remembering them.

2) Form fill
You can set up profiles with all your details allowing Lastpass to automatically fill in online forms for you.
You can even set up profiles for obscure details.
You can switch between profiles, which is handy if you have multiple email accounts or phone numbers.

3) Automatic password changing
For certain sites, Lastpass will automatically change your password.
This makes it a breeze to change your passwords on a regular basis, which is a good way to keep secure.

4) Alerts when a website has been hacked
If a website is known to be hacked, Lastpass will alert you to change your password. This will make sure that the hacker is stuck with an old password that is useful for them.

5) Hardware authentication
Lastpass can be linked to a hardware device such as your mobile phone.
That way, in order to login to your account, you will need your mobile, which keeps your account very secure.

6) Password sharing
You can share passwords. This is very useful in an office where multiple people might have access to the same website.

7) Excellent interface
The interface is very streamlined. It automatically pops up when you need it and then disappears when you don’t.

8) Multi-platform
Lastpass works on all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android. On mobile, it can even work with apps, which is a big time saver.

9) Password audit
Lastpass can audit your passwords to search for insecurities (such as duplicate passwords, old passwords or hacked passwords)

10) It’s free
Remarkably all these features are free (apart from Password sharing which is only in the premium plan).

Cons

Lastpass has one con. On certain websites it can forget to save the password you created, which will lock you out of the site. This is very rare, but it is annoying when it happens. As a workaround you can copy the password to your clipboard when it is created. That way, if it forgets to save the password, you can just paste it back into its database of your passwords.

The Epitome of Convenience

Reviewed on 9/24/2018

I'm quite satisfied with LastPass Enterprise and I recommend it to anyone I know. It's something I personally cannot live without, and I use it daily.

Pros

LastPass Enterprise is a very useful service that allows users to enter all of their passwords for any account they own on any website on the web. The service is extremely secure, and also has a free version which is very suitable and well equipped for personal use. This product has essentially changed the way I work on the web. I never have any issues when it comes to remembering passwords and accounts. I can also access this information from anywhere I want, including my smartphone with the LastPass app. The service also automatically updates and secures any changes made to your passwords, and can randomly generate effective passwords if needed. It also gives you tips on how to make good passwords, when it's time to change passwords, or if there too many duplicate passwords for multiple accounts (security tips). Overall, the service is extremely vital for modern technology, where we can potentially have hundreds of accounts with different passwords. There's simply no convenient way to store these all and update them in realtime. Lastpass serves to keep this security and does it perfectly without issue.

Cons

If there are any cons at all it will be that the service is quite expensive and has problems living up to the competition which offers more at the same or cheaper cost.

A near-perfect password manager

Reviewed on 11/19/2018

I've used Lastpass for 3+ years and it has been a huge help in ensuring my security, and the integrity of my many accounts, are preserved. LastPass is an excellent tool that I highly recommend.

Pros

- The cost has risen since I originally started using it, but it is still very competitive. Great price.
- The mobile app is near flawless at being able to input login credentials into any website and app. On the rare occasion when it doesn't work, I can easily log into the mobile app with my fingerprint and copy the needed password.
- The ability to not only store secure password, but also secure "notes" is very useful. Especially for writing down keys or answers to security questions.
- The chrome browser app is excellent.
- LastPass has a security audit feature which checks all your passwords to tell you which should be changed (based on duplicity, simplicity, recent security breaches, etc.). Very helpful!

Cons

- The web app is dated. It has received an update recently but, overall, the web app is still clunky. Luckily, I hardly have to open the web app because everything can be handled from the chrome and mobile apps.
- The chrome app, as great as it is, tends to stop working from time to time (once every 2 months or so). So, over the course of the 3+ years I've used the tool, I've had to uninstall/reinstall at least 10 times.
- The auto-change password feature has never worked for me. It's touted as being a great feature, but until it works, it is useless.

Reviewed on 2/2/2018

Pros

Online password management tools are an important tool for anyone using the internet. They get rid of the problem of utilizing the same password for multiple websites, plus they often mean the website hacker breaching one of your accounts, or stealing your online identity.

I have been using LastPass for a few years now, so here is an overview of the app. LastPass is a cloud-based password managing solution that features many features to simplify your online experience.

This app is the ultimate set-it-and-forget-it solution. Easy and intuitive to use and very convenient.

Cons

Cloud storage might not be everyone's cup of tea. The app operates on almost any platform, (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS (Premium), and Windows Phone (Premium). LastPass stores your data on the company's servers (called the Vault).

This is different from other online password management tools which store your computer data in files on your device. This setup holds some benefits for individuals who dislike complexity: first of all, there's really nothing you must do except register and install the browser plugin. This technique has its own drawbacks, however. Individuals cautious about storing their passwords on the company's servers might feel at ease with another password management solutions. However, LastPass has taken care of immediately these concerns by making certain that information is encrypted together with your master password.

Translate with Google

Amazing software for password protection

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

Overall I am really happy with this software and would highly recommend it. I really like having all my passwords stored in one place and to not have to remember them all is fantastic!

Pros

I have so many passwords and with software I don't have to remember any of them. It can create very secure passwords so you don't have to think of one and It can be as many characters as you need it to be. I really like that the phone app uses my fingerprint to access my passwords so when I need to access a site to log that's all I need as it use to be a challenge when using apps that requires passwords. I like that it recognizes passwords that are weak and can search your system for ones that should be change to be more secure. I like that it is integrated with your web browsers so when you go to a specific website that requires a password Lastpass already has your username and password for easy login.

Cons

I understand that Lastpass is a super secure website to store all your passwords but the only thing I don't like is the process or lack there of to recover a password if you forget it. I don't want to have to delete my account as this was the issue I was facing a few months ago. I ended up getting my IT department to help out but for a personal user to have to delete there whole account for forgetting a password is not good. There should still be a secure way to recover a password without having to delete your account.

Translate with Google

LastPass Enterprise is required for many of my network because it really works

Reviewed on 9/17/2018

Excellent, it keeps my passwords safe and organized, and allows me to work with people without giving them the password "keys to the kingdom", so I retain control but can still work with people where ever they live. For a larger company to a small business with outsourcers, this is a must have tool.

Pros

Last Pass solves the password problem with security that is hard to match in my experience. Virtually every experienced business I work with uses this, because security issues in the past few years have made the old ways of keeping passwords - within your browser - a bit more dangerous than before. By using LastPass i can give access to my virtual and remote employees to any of a number of tools and they never get the password, and I can revoke access. Instead of fumbling around for a way to keep passwords, we back this up and in case of emergency, have an extra layer of security and know our passwords are safe.

Cons

The Chrome extension is what I like least, since I use Chrome alot and it crashes frequently. LastPass takes more and more memory, which isn't a negative (and more a sign I'll need to upgrade my computer once again), so the browser crashing is here and there, not an always on problem. Sometimes when I have multiple users share their logins to the same tool, like Mailchimp, LastPass will get in a bit of a battle of which password and user wins, but that's more a specific agency problem than one the average user would face.

Translate with Google

Solid cloud based, collaborator friendly password vault

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Saves me time and gives me the feeling my passwords are strong and securedly stored.

Pros

I've been using LastPass since 2010 I believe, both for business and personal use. There's a lot of positives, like the organizing features, password strength checks, random password generation, automatic password changing (when supported by the website), a plethora of 2FA options and of course, excellent browser integration.

I'm also using LastPass together with some colleagues, both in IT and outside of that, in other departments.

I have linked my personal, free LastPass account to my business one, so I don't have to switch accounts, with the logging out and in hassle.

LastPass also offers mobile apps, secure notes and form fill templates. It's all pretty nifty. As a business user, support is fast and quite good.

Cons

The mobile Android app can be a bit buggy. Even the Chrome addon sometimes has issues, for example with registering the correct username or e-mail address entered while registering somewhere, or small bugs, mostly UI related. It's not 100% solid, but, say, 90%. User-friendlyness can also be improved for less tech savvy users. Many colleagues of me find LastPass difficult. It's not entirely due to LastPass actually being difficult or not user friendly, but I think they can do just a little more in the UI department to make things easier to grasp.

Translate with Google

Best password management tool out there.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017

Pros

Lastpass makes it easy to save and remember passwords. This allows you to create and save logins with complex passwords keeping your data safe. Furthermore, you can save other things in your LastPass vault such as credit card info, secure notes, etc.

Lastpass also keeps up to date by providing a variety of addional security options such as OTP authentication, multifactor authentication via your phone, master password re-prompt option, etc. Personally, I use the OTP option with my Yubikey. With that option, LastPass will exit each time I close my browser and when I re-open the browser it prompts me to push the button on my Yubikey and logs back in. If the OTP fails, LastPass immediately goes back to requiring both the master password and the OTP code making it very secure.

The app is also incredible. I use it to autofill logins in other apps and it saves me slews of time each day.

Cons

When sharing login credentials with another user, there is an option to let them view or not view the password. This is a bit misleading as, if you choose to NOT let them view the password, they can still see it in plain text by using inspect element on any browser and changing the password field from password to text. It is really, really easy to do. But, as long as you are aware of that, it's fantastic!

Translate with Google

Lastpass should be everyone's password keeper

Reviewed on 10/23/2018

Lastpass Enterprise is an excellent team tool for accessing forms or passwords without having to expose the passwords. Any team, agency can benefit from having all teammates on Lastpass, and sharing access to a folder of passwords or a single password in itself. This helped us efficiently manage our clients' passwords without having to be bold and directly asking for it. We share passwords internally and externally from our team, and the service works flawlessly every time.

Pros

Lastpass is an excellent and indispensable tool for my team and myself in storing and sharing passwords. Lastpass stores an unlimited number of passwords for a user on websites and form fills, including passwords as well as credit card information for easy form filling. The number one feature of Lastpass that makes it a no brainer to install is the ability to share the password with a friend, colleague or family member without having to expose the password. This feature stands out as Lastpass' gem, and I use this frequently in sharing a passwords from everything to Google Drive and Netflix. I never have t worry about exposing passwords, and any time I want to end the share, I can cancel the sharing to the user. This makes it easy to share passwords for one time use.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike with Lastpass. Its UX/UI is friendly, easy to navigate and storing passwords are a breeze in Google Chrome.

Translate with Google

LastPass is a great online based password manager tool....

Reviewed on 3/26/2018
Review Source

Pros

LastPass is a great password manager that works much better than most password managers. One of its best features is the ability to share passwords with other users without revealing what those passwords are. It also integrates nicely with Chrome (which I use daily), and makes adding new passwords easy. The best part is everything is saved to the cloud so there is no weird connecting of cloud storage to set up. Its simply remember your password, install an extension or app and you are good to go. Whether used for personal or business use, the list of features LastPass offers makes it easy for me to recommend to anyone getting started with password managers. And oh did I mention its free?

Cons

Now not everything is rosy about it. One of the biggest gripes I have is that, it sometimes freezes up my browser when saving a new login or password and it can save the same login info several times, which makes it hard when trying to login into a site. I also find it a bit annoying that sometimes when I try to generate a password, it doesn't save the information based on the site that I am on. The mobile app is also lacking on the android side, despite the ability to draw over other apps, it always needs fresh permissions whenever I reboot my phone. Hopefully these things can be fixed with time but its remains one of the best options out there.

Translate with Google

Best password manager out there

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

You can't forget passwords you don't have to remember!
Speeds up login times, reduces frustration, enhances security, reduces impact of data breaches, allows me to access all of my passwords anywhere I need them.

Pros

The time it saves me along with the additional security and peace of mind it provides is immeasurable. I love being able to navigate the web and seamlessly just be logged in. It's been years since I've used a "forgot my password" link.
One of my favorite features is the ability to reset passwords in bulk - useful for updating your passwords after converting to random password for each site or refreshing them just because. It integrates with many popular sites to perform the resets in just a couple clicks. For those without integration, it does take a few more steps but it still makes the process much more convenient.
Also the secure notes field is a wonderful place to store sensitive info not fit for forms.

Cons

My only problem with LastPass may not really an issue with LastPass.. With some sites (maybe 5% of the time) LastPass fails to properly detect the username/password fields and cannot auto-fill credentials. This could be due to LastPAss or, more likely, the code on the website itself.

Translate with Google

Absolutely indispensable password/notes manager.

Reviewed on 1/17/2018

I manage hundreds of passwords - some I use every some I haven't used in years. But I only know a few of them. LastPass lets me be blissfully ignorant of the frustrations of password management by just handling the whole process for me.

Pros

Cloud-based, so it's everywhere you are. It stores EVERYTHING. I can sit at a new PC or a spare one in the office, and in a few seconds, have access to all of my bookmarks, passwords, secure notes... It's instant, always available, and very smart with its automatic logins.

Clearly, security is a big concern when you allow one program to know all of your confidential information - especially a cloud-based one, so the 2-factor authentication is a must and works seamlessly with your mobile device.

No need to sync, easy to share, always available across all devices and takes your privacy seriously. That's a win all around.

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome plug-in feels clunky. It doesn't always snap right to the results you ask for. The Firefox plug-in just feels more polished somehow. The mobile experience isn't nearly as seamless as the desktop platform, unless you're using the LastPass browser, but it's still superior to other password managers I've seen at any price.

Translate with Google

This tool is just perfect for those who forget

Reviewed on 10/2/2018

It's a great tool that made my virtual life a lot easier. I have to remember only one password now, I don't have to be concerned about my security and I always can easily access all of my logins. I'm very forgetful, that's why LastPass is so fantastic for me.

Pros

I always forget stuff. And when you have dozens or even hundreds various tools to use, you either forget your passwords, or use the same one. Well, I'm all about my privacy and safety, so using one password was not an option.

That's why I started using LastPass. It's just fantastic. You set it up once and then it does all for you. It will create you especially difficult passwords, every time it will be a different one. And only you'll be able to access all your tools and logins. LastPass will fill everything for you. It definitely makes your life easier.

And it works on all platforms! Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, even Chrome OS that I use sometimes! It's fantastic!

Cons

Sometimes LastPass might crash on Chrome OS. It's fine on Windows or Chrome browser but on Chrome OS it's a bit less stable. However, not many people use that OS, and I don't use it that often too, so I'm absolutely fine with that.

Translate with Google

Indispensable, essential security tool, but still has some quirks.

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

Peace of mind. Security.

Pros

Everyone needs unique logins for every website and service we use. This is the easiest to master tool for creating and managing passwords or across devices that I've tried. It's also the least expensive. The pricing tiers (basic essential tools are free) prove that LastPass as a company is committed to making the Internet a safer place for users, not just to make money. Advanced functionality is paid for by the companies that need it, not by average consumers. This makes me loyal, and I've paid the yearly fee even though I don't absolutely have to. Customer service is also excellent and responsive, particularly on Twitter. LastPass has also finally addressed some UI problems with their iOS app.

Cons

Logins and passwords are not always captured, or saved. Doesn't happen very often, but it does. In addition, I have an ongoing problem with WordPress.com. My main account is on the subdomain, en.wordpress.com, but when I go to simply wordpress.com, LastPass doesn't list that login as one of the saved ones. Very frustrating, and hasn't been solved in the years since I reported it.

The Hero We Needed

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

Before we began using LastPass, we were using a small variety of very poor methods for managing our shared user accounts. In many cases we were sharing passwords via encrypted email, which made it easy to archive but difficult to search. It was also impossible to audit who had a record of the account, or to simply update all of those people when the password changed.

LastPass made that very easy. A number of our users registered for personal accounts and took advantage of the ability to link those with their enterprise accounts. I liked it so much that I paid for a Family account and added my wife to it so that we could share our personal accounts with each other also.

Pros

LastPass made it easy to centralize our corporate password management, and both opened up and limited who could see which shared credentials, and how.

Cons

There were several occasions where our LastPass Administrators were unable to see credentials within our corporate space. We didn't necessarily need them to be able to edit the credentials, but providing support for the tool was often complicated by not being able to administratively locate a credential when a user reported it missing, or had reason to believe it should be assigned to them via a group membership.

Translate with Google

Indespensible tool to improve security

Reviewed on 4/19/2018

Replacing "cheat sheets" where passwords are accessible to anyone near the person's desk. It's also not as easy as hacker opening up a plain-text file. Users can more quickly sign in. Users reset their passwords much less often. Users are much more likely to not have a universal password.

Pros

Makes passwords convenient enough that users stop using post-it's and "cheat sheets". It is much faster than having a user manually type it once or twice to get it passwords right. The option to share passwords fairly quickly with others is invaluable in my IT department. I feel very good about the company and having our data in the cloud. I feel it's very safe and near impossible for a hacker to get my encyrpted passwords that are only decrypted on my user side. We have one enterprise account that we use to be the main account and then we share it with personal accounts that are free. Some of our users we pay to upgrade to pro so they can access the passwords on their phones.

Cons

Sometimes it takes an hour for a new password to sync to my phone or another PC.

Concurrent access can leave you wondering which password is the newest.

Never Loose Your Passwords Again

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

I am using it for years and never had any problems with it. Everything is safe and secure, encrypted - your data is totaly safe. This is the best password keeping service I know and recommend it to everyone. Paid features are also good and useful. You can use it for free like me without any problems.

Pros

Easy to register, use and figure out. All you have to do is just install LastPass extension in your preferred browser, register, login and you are ready to go. It will store your passwords that you enter on sites and autologin if you choose so. When you switch computers all you have to do is install the extension again and login and you will have all your saved passwords with you on any computer. If you want to remove it from the computer, you just uninstall the extension from the browser and install on another computer. There are options to create folders for different password types, to store credit card data or any website info that you want to easily input like the address. It really saves time entering address, credit card info and user names & passwords.

Cons

For me there are no cons with this one.

Translate with Google

Crucial for any business that needs to share sensitive passwords

Reviewed on 10/8/2018

Password management for our employees, once a member is added, it completely removes the question "Hey what was the password for X and Y?" from the workplace

Pros

The ability to share access to login information to websites/apps without allowing the team member to actually see the passwords.

For example, we hired an in-house designer on a 3-month contract to work with us. They needed access to the 30+ websites to complete their work. To mitigate risk, you don't want the contract worker to have access to those sites after their contract is completed. Instead of resetting passwords after they leave, you can use Last Pass to do the following:

- Admin has the contractor provide an email, where he sends out a request to join our Last Pass team.

- Contractor accepts, and we grant him/her the ability to auto-fill login information. They are not able to view the password at any point (all they see are the black dots when logging in)

- when the contract is us, you just remove that user from the team, and voila! They no longer have access to those passwords at all, removing the need to do any password changes.

Cons

The price is a bit steep, but its the best option on the market, so we just bite the bullet and pay for it.

Translate with Google

Some of your employees will catch on...others will struggle

Reviewed on 2/1/2018
Review Source

Pros

Employees desperately need tools like LastPass to enforce secure password sharing and to help them quickly enter passwords into the variety of online software tools they use daily - the need for this tool varies from job to job, but the use case is clear. Using this tool allows you to bypass the unfortunate habit of passwords on sticky notes and also helps with offboarding employees and terminating access to many company accounts or shared sites. LastPass is reasonably priced for this and has nice Chrome extensions to speed up the process of entering passwords online.

Cons

The admin console can be confusing - particularly the sharing functionality. For security reasons, if employees lose access/forget how to access an account, it can be very difficult to help them regain access. Some employees just don't understand why/how to use LastPass and get frustrated by it. It seems to be one of those software tools where people are divided: People love or hate it. IT has to be more involved in training employees on this tool so that hte full benefits are realized.

Translate with Google

LastPass, making the world more productive!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016

Active LastPass user since September 2012 where its relative ease of use and ability to get up and running while always improving make it our password manager app of choice.

Some pros:

* Ability to securely add, store, and launch a variety of websites and secure notes.
* Encrypted locally and remotely on LastPass servers with multi-factor authentication.
* Security Challenge feature offers great advice on how to better secure your passwords.
* Now free for multiple device types within the same account.
* Active forum to help newbies and advanced users alike.
* Form Fill feature makes short work out of autofilling web and other forms.
* Ability to securely share web site and secure notes with other LastPass users.
* The LastPass blog is informative and keeps you updated.
* The integration of LastPass on a variety of devices via an app and/or extension.
* The ability to quickly see all the items you have shared and that are shared with you.

Some cons:

* Sometimes the LastPass app and/or extension crashes.
* Occasionally, items shared with you or you share with others do not show up until the user repeatedly logs in and out of their account.
* The learning curve for the app is a little bit steep initially and not as intuitive as it could be even for power users.
* The time required to get all your logins and secure notes into the app can be extreme unless you are using a supported password manager with the ability to automatically import all your data.
* Many times when adding a new site, the site URL has to be manually edited to the specific site's login URL.
* The automatic password change option when doing a security challenge fails more often than not leaving you wondering if you password was changed or not.
* Sometimes the app and/or extension inexplicably crashes while adding a new or updating a site login or secure note.
* LastPass on occasion can slow down your system to the point of having to forcibly stop and restart the app.
* Logging off and on every few days seem to alleviate most speed performance problems.
* Being able to select and accept multiple pending share items instead of one-by-one.
* Ability to share a site or secure note with multiple people at the same time instead of one-by-one.

LastPass absolutely Rocks big time and is such an integral part of my day along with a handful of other go-to apps that I use on a minute-by-minute basis with the added bonus of being completely free.

Password management made easy

Reviewed on 11/28/2018
Review Source

Pros

Lastpass is brilliant, I use it for personal use and my team uses it for work accounts. It's sleek, mobile-friendly interface is easy to use and navigate. The ability to categorize your passwords is great, being able to easily find old accounts and sort them in a logical manner.
Lasspass also offers the ability to automatically update your passwords (as long as the account your trying to update allows it), making updating old and in-secure passwords easy and effortless.
Lastpass will also generate a secure and crack-proof password for you when creating new accounts, ensuring your accounts are secure.

Cons

The main gripe I have with Lastpass is the problems it seems to have connecting to its own servers, I'm always getting warning messages that it's unable to connect to the internet, but I know for sure that I'm online.
It's not particularly easy to switch to another Lastpass account, without totally logging out of the existing one. The ability to have multiple accounts saved to one browser would be perfect.

Translate with Google

Not so easy to use but still offers many features

Reviewed on 9/18/2018
Review Source

Pros

There is this inbuilt password generation feature where a password is auto-generated based on the type and number of characters you specify. It is free to install this application, and we can use this application across multiple platforms at the same time and it is compatible with almost all popular browsers and platforms. I always had problems with remembering passwords in the past, but this application has made it possible to not just safely store these passwords, but also retrieve them in no time. The best thing is that I don’t have to fill forms one by one! This auto-save feature has saved a lot of my time. Multi-factor authentication ensures security and protects your passwords from hackers.

Cons

The refunds take time to get processed. Sharing this information with team members is a very tedious task. A few of our employees who are not technically good, found it difficult to use this application. The customer support team takes several days to respond to queries and concerns!